Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain post op

I am 1 month post op, and having pain to my right lower abdomen that is radiating to my back. It lingers mostly on my right side. I was off pain meds after a few days, however this pain started about a week ago and is continuing. Has anyone else experienced this? I had an RNY on 12/21z
Thanks!!!

That is how my gallbladder attacks feel. I’m getting it removed in two weeks.

I recommend calling your surgeon to figure out what’s wrong.

Go get a CT Scan and see if they see anything wrong.

Get in contact with your surgeon or doctor asap. You should not be experiencing pain at any time.

(And yes, my thought was gall too.)

I plan on calling tomorrow. My gallbladder was removed a few years ago. Just concerning as it came back!

2 hours ago, Emi08 said:

I plan on calling tomorrow. My gallbladder was removed a few years ago. Just concerning as it came back!

Once removed it can't come back

As others have said, probably best to call your surgeon's office just to see what they say and if they want to run a test or xray or CT on it.

Yes. I had the exact same pain as well. My doctor said it was incision pain due to all of the numbing meds wearing off. I wore a stomach binder to keep the weight of my stomach from pulling ion my incisions on the right side. It worked and now the pain has disappeared. I am 5 weeks out from surgery. The pain started around week 3 but it is completely gone.

I meant the pain coming back, my poor choice of words sorry! And kee, I was wondering if that might be it!

What did your surgeon say when you called today?

they told me as long as I’m eating/drinking, normal outputs, and no fever, vomiting etc, it’s normal and will last up to 8 weeks. To make sure I’m staying hydrated (which I am!) otherwise Tylenol. & if anything else changes to cal back. I have my 1 month follow up Tuesday over video. So I guess that’s that!
Reply Report •••

I had the same thing two weeks ago, ended up in ER with Appendicitis and emergency surgery. Of course, with the upper back pain, I had vomiting it was so bad. I had an 8mm stone blockage in my duct.