Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious how you all get through your bad days where you wake up feeling yuck, dont feel like eating or drinking and just plain sorry for yourself

I had bad days before the surgery, I just get up and do what I have to and sack the rest. I usually feel better with a little me time.

Congratulations on your weight loss journey. You are nearly at your goal. You must be thrilled.

I focus back on why I had the surgery to begin with and look to the future success and get through the current pain of it.

Therapy, meds, meditation, reading, and posting & interacting with other bariatric patients all help. I also try and focus on HEALTH not weight. Weight is just a number, it has nothing to do with your worth or value as a person. Working on your health, eating well, moving your body are a form a self-care and a privilege. It means we were given another day to live. And on the REALLY bad days, I give myself grace to stay in bed, cry, drink extra coffee, whatever. Sometimes its ok to do that, too, you just can't stay there. ❤️

I call my parents or a friend, I allow myself to wallow a bit, I try to distract myself with reading or podcasts. I go the mall for mall walking. I take a nap.

Feel better!

8 hours ago, summerseeker said:

I had bad days before the surgery, I just get up and do what I have to and sack the rest. I usually feel better with a little me time.

Congratulations on your weight loss journey. You are nearly at your goal. You must be thrilled.

Thank you yes but i think i need to adjust my goal weight as i still have a lot of fat around my belly 😣 but i will get there. My surgeon didnt set me a goal weight. I just worry that a bad day will turn into days its so hot here atm its not pleasant to get outside and being a small town we dont have any malls and such .

Thank you for your kind words, living in a small town doesnt make it easy and I dont have many friends here either . Its the type of town that people come and go from quite quickly. I have been waking up with what i guess you would call restless legs. I have fibromyalgia but it was in remission before surgery but it seems to have flared up again this really gets me down because i guess i thought i would feel even better loosing weight but it hasnt been the case yet .