Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing My Hair!

I am a little over 3 months out from Bypass surgery and I am losing my hair by the handful!! I have very tho hair so at first I expected to lose some hair but DAMN!!! Before anyone says more Protein I get at least 84 a day and I drink 80 to 100 ounces of Water along with everything else. Does anyone have a suggestion??

unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it. Some people claim to have luck with Biotin and/or special Shampoo products, but others say they did nothing for them (I think if biotin "works", it's more effective once the hair starts growing back - rather than stopping it from falling out). Just know that it "will" stop and will grow back!! Some people get a shorter cut or wear scarves or something to make it less noticeable....

I went with shorter hair but it's still thin. I'm not losing anymore though. But I did start with thin fine hair to begin with and the WLS made it slightly worse but it's stopped hemorrhaging so that's good. I just have learned to accept it and wear my hair short and sassy. I tried Rogaine and Nioxin but they didn't help, so don't waste your money.

It’s pretty much a given you will lose some or lots of hair. There are some who report they haven’t, but I think they are in the minority.

But it’s also pretty much a given that it all grows back eventually (I have yet to read anyone report that they are 2+ years out and still have hair loss).

I had cut my hair into a pixie cut around 3-4 months post op to lessen the thinning look and save my vacuum from having to suck up so much hair everywhere! Lol. I’m 3+ years post op now and my hair is just past my shoulders and just as full (if not fuller) than it was pre-op.

It sucks, but it’s temporary. It won’t always be this way.

Good luck! ❤️

Thanks I think it’s time to visit my hair dresser. I have been scared to make any major changes until the weight loss is where I’m comfortable but I don’t want long stringy hair.

Congrats, your surgery is working ;) It'll come back.

I am a little over 3 months out from Bypass surgery and I am losing my hair by the handful!! I have very tho hair so at first I expected to lose some hair but DAMN!!! Before anyone says more Protein I get at least 84 a day and I drink 80 to 100 ounces of Water along with everything else. Does anyone have a suggestion??
i started loosing hair on week 3!!!!! im on week 9, i wash my hair once a week and still comes out. im taking Bariatric Fusion hair, nails,

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

I lost hair from 3 to the 6 month mark just like they said. At month 9, it’s all back and thick like it was. Don’t worry - it will come back!