Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

I'm new here but I'm having the sleeve done Thursday, March 31. I'm excited, anxious, and nervous. But ready. I've been wanting this for a long time. Prayer and encouragement greatly appreciated.

10 minutes ago, JayeN said:

I'm new here but I'm having the sleeve done Thursday, March 31. I'm excited, anxious, and nervous. But ready. I've been wanting this for a long time. Prayer and encouragement greatly appreciated.

I am new too and we are surgical buddies. Mine is on March 31st as well. I am super nervous but ready to get it over with and change my life for the better! Prayers all goes well!

1 minute ago, Alexa B. said:

I am new too and we are surgical buddies. Mine is on March 31st as well. I am super nervous but ready to get it over with and change my life for the better! Prayers all goes well!

Mine is the 30th, best of luck to you guys!

Just now, Alexa B. said:

Good luck as well! Hoping for little to no pin 🤞🏼

Than you @Alexa B.

Hi everyone! I thought I would finally check in. I had my surgery last Tuesday, March 22. I am six days post op and feeling okay.

I was able to de-gas by Thursday (ugh, gas pains are the worst) and I have been having daily bowel movements since then. I have a lot of medical issues and one of them is kidney disease and my kidneys are not at all happy about this surgery, which was a concern before surgery. I've actually gained weight because I cannot pee. All the Water I drink has nowhere to go but my feet, ankles and legs. I am eating about 250 calories a day because my new stomach (Phoebe) hates everything (everything tastes like metal - probably because of my meds). Oh, and I can't seem to keep my heart rate above 50.

That's all the bad stuff. The good news is that I haven't had any pain meds since the day of my surgery. My nausea isn't as bad as expected and after over doing it on Friday and taking it easy over the weekend, my incision pain is not too bad. Every day I set a goal for myself and so far, I am hitting my little goals. 🎖️

9 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

my new stomach (Phoebe) hates everything

LOL! I thought I was the only one who named my new stomach (Steve, currently known as Baby Stevie). He hates several things I've tried, too. He's a picky little cuss at times.

Keep setting and reaching those little goals -- they're the best way of making steady progress toward the big ones.

Hello lovelies! Nice to meet everyone! I'm new here too. Just had my surgery on the 25th, so I'm 5 days post op, and I'm doing pretty great! Much better than I thought I'd be, lol! It only took a couple days for the gas to leave. And 2 days ago, I noticed my taste seems different and I feel like there's improved mental clarity (or less brain fog?). Has anyone noticed little changes like this?

1 hour ago, Jenleo said:

New to the group, had my gastric bypass surgery on March 2, 2022

I just wanted to know if anybody else developed hives after 3 weeks post op?

Where are your hives (localized or more general)? I didn't have hives per se but around my incisions I was super itchy... oddly enough the incisions themselves did not itch just the skin about an inch away.

1 hour ago, Jenleo said:

I’m 2 weeks PO sleeve and I’ve had hives for a week and a half. No spotting but very itchy. My mom had sleeve done 3 years ago and said she had the same thing. It could be left over anesthesia, food intolerance, or lack of Water consumption!

2 hours ago, Jenleo said:

Interesting!! I am 3 weeks post op and I had hives on my wrist and hand this week. I'm not sure what caused it or why - and thankfully they went away. But what a curious question !

1 hour ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

Where are your hives (localized or more general)? I didn't have hives per se but around my incisions I was super itchy... oddly enough the incisions themselves did not itch just the skin about an inch away.

I had/have this too. Super itchy but just around the area. When I started applying the Aquaphor and Kelo-cote it got better.

Im currently in my hospital bed waiting to go down to surgery

Sent from my SM-A326U using BariatricPal mobile app

17 minutes ago, shawncotton said:

Im currently in my hospital bed waiting to go down to surgery

Sent from my SM-A326U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck. 🍀