Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

1 hour ago, Jlhilton519 said:

I did. March 9th. I'm on day 15 and I can finally have soft meats. It has been a struggle for me up to this point. Mentally draining and feeling weak. Plus, my daughter brought home a stomach bug last week 😅. Today was the first day I felt good enough to put on a dress and go out in the sun.

I'm so sorry

I’m super excited. Surgery is tomorrow. I have a port in my arm. I’m not liking it at all. But I’m sure after surgery tomorrow it won’t be much of a concern.

Good luck to everyone still left to have their surgery in March!

Still not sure yet when we will be scheduling my second surgery. I've had some setbacks but ii am getting back up on my feet again.

6 hours ago, Nifer72 said:

Good luck to everyone still left to have their surgery.

Thank you, I had mine today , along with hernia repair. T

he hernia is the worst

Hi everyone, just got sleeved yesterday (14 hrs ago). Pain from actual incisions is minimal, but having anything other than a tiny sip of Water (ie jello) hurts stomach like heck. Gas pains are also really painful and come in waves but they are in my stomach haven’t spread upward. I’ve burped a few times but currently pacing my hospital room waiting for the other milestone :). Can’t believe I actually did it!good luck to everyone else who has had their surgery and who are still waiting!

Congratulations @ladylawyer22...my internal/intestinal gas pains were pretty bad and mine came in waves as well. They reminded me of the beginnings of labor LOL. The doctor told me it was a good sign cuz it meant my system was "waking up". I also had external gas pains (due to gas during surgery) but that went away in a few days.

Hi! Had a gastric sleeve on the 22nd. Currently 3 days post op. It seems every time I get up, there is like a tightness in the stomach after I sipped on a shake. It feels like air, like gas almost. I walk around waiting for it to come up and it is usually more of a hiccup that hurts a lot compared to an actual burp. Is this normal?

On 03/25/2022 at 08:00, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

Congratulations @ladylawyer22...my internal/intestinal gas pains were pretty bad and mine came in waves as well. They reminded me of the beginnings of labor LOL. The doctor told me it was a good sign cuz it meant my system was "waking up". I also had external gas pains (due to gas during surgery) but that went away in a few days.

Omg yes they are like labor pains! But overall this whole surgery situation is way better than childbirth let alone a C-section thank goodness

Congrats @KeishaMarie on your surgery, mine is next wed. Im getting Bypass! Hope all is going well.

Edited by Stephy2014

3.5 weeks post op revision to bypass for severe GERD, down 14 pounds, which I'm super thrilled about! In the past couple of days I've started to feel fairly normal physically. The biggest mind trip is getting full on 2 oz of deli meat. If I eat any more than that I feel miserable. No problems getting my fluids in. I went back to work last week and felt good but this week I can tell I'm back to full strength. I even started walking on the track at the adults only community center I joined (and health insurance pays for). The Y has a track too but it's always sooooo loud and busy.

Sent from my Z5157V using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I was very fortunate to have an uneventful recovery. The one change that has been hardest for me is to slow down my eating. Try it once and you will see. Or better yet start slowing down now for practice. I also for some reason have been able to eat more than expected at every stage so I have to measure everything. It has been a little adjustment to stop eating when I don’t feel full yet but honestly I think that it just a mind thing because after a few minutes I realize I am satisfied even if I don’t feel that full to the brim feeling. Another thing that is hard is not comparing your journey to others. I have been a slow loser from the start but many people continue to lose up to two years so just cause the weight doesn’t come off super fast doesn’t mean that it won’t. Just listen to your team and trust the process.
That sounds exactly like me. I am 19 days post op and gulping Water down..i cannot sip. I eat 4 oz of food at one sitting. I also am a slow loser..only 8 lbs since surgery. I am trying to be intentional with chewing my food slowly but it is hard. I plan to get a scale to watch my portions better but thanks for the encouragement.

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 03/22/2022 at 17:27, Cookicrisp said:

Surgery March 25th - I am sooo hungry? Anyone else cranky?

Ahh my surgery twin! Finally someone with my date. Did you already have your surgery? I’m currently in my gown, laying in bed and waiting for my doctor.

I am getting my sleeve done in Mexico… but I am getting hungry but mainly super thirsty. I had cotton mouth around 5am this morning.

My surgery day was also March 9. I've been feeling pretty good so far and I'm starting to feel my appetite come back a little. I can still only take a few bites, but I'm starting to feel my little belly grumble. Lol.

I just had the gastric sleeve surgery on 3/15. 🙂

19 hours ago, ladylawyer22 said:

Hi everyone, just got sleeved yesterday (14 hrs ago). Pain from actual incisions is minimal, but having anything other than a tiny sip of Water (ie jello) hurts stomach like heck. Gas pains are also really painful and come in waves but they are in my stomach haven’t spread upward. I’ve burped a few times but currently pacing my hospital room waiting for the other milestone :). Can’t believe I actually did it!good luck to everyone else who has had their surgery and who are still waiting!

My surgery was 3/23 too! the first day was awful. Second day a little better. Today is much better and more like what I expected. So far, I can drink a lot of fluids without any problems. It makes me a little concerned.

Edited by Upgrade5.0