Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

22 minutes ago, Stephy2014 said:

That's awesome if you'd like to message me your more than welcome

You are more than welcome to do the same. Have you started your pre op diet? If so what are you allowed to have?

I was not instructed a pre op diet actually.

18 minutes ago, Stephy2014 said:

I was not instructed a pre op diet actually.

I am so tired and have the blahs on mine

44 minutes ago, Stephy2014 said:

That's awesome if you'd like to message me your more than welcome

You are more than welcome to do the same. Have you started your pre op diet? If so what are you allowed to have?

Just now, Armygal 324 said:

Just now, Armygal 324 said:

I heard the pre op is blah for sure

I had my revision to bypass 3 weeks ago. I've been cleared to eat soft foods but can eat only very small amounts at a time and things like ground beef and tuna are not agreeing with me at all. I did discover last night that about 2 oz of deli meat agrees with me as long as I don't try to eat or drink anything else for about an hour after. My favorite thing so far has been refried Beans with taco sauce and a bit of melted shredded cheese. I'm getting most of my Protein from drinking Fairlife skim milk.

I'm down almost 14 pounds which blows my mind because it took me almost 2 months to lose that when I had my sleeve 7 years ago. I didn't do this for weight loss but it's been a welcomed bonus. No more heart burn or reflux either.

Sent from my Z5157V using BariatricPal mobile app

I didn't have pre-op diet, hope things get better

13 hours ago, Stephy2014 said:

I didn't have pre-op diet, hope things get better

Yes I'm on my pre op diet and have surgery the 1st of April and I am very tired, cranky and have the blahs

On 2/15/2022 at 8:09 PM, Venegirl1 said:

I got March 22nd surgery date. I’m so excited and scared… would love to get a few buddies in here to share our journey together. 😬

3/30 Ill be your buddy!

Question... This might be TMI, but how often are you having a BM or going number #2!? I didn't go for 11 days after surgery and have only gone one other time in the last 16 days. I'm drinking Miralax daily, but I just wondered if this was normal. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, carpeediem said:

Question... This might be TMI, but how often are you having a BM or going number #2!? I didn't go for 11 days after surgery and have only gone one other time in the last 16 days. I'm drinking Miralax daily, but I just wondered if this was normal. Thank you!

I was going about once every 3 days, but recently I've been going daily. I added magnesium tablets to my morning routine and it's made a difference. I do believe a moderate level of activity combined with a minimum of 64oz Water daily is also part of the reason they're moving. I'm taking Iron so the magnesium offsets that.

3 hours ago, Armygal 324 said:

Yes I'm on my pre op diet and have surgery the 1st of April and I am very tired, cranky and have the blahs

I had 5 days preop of chicken broth. It was horrible. I had no energy and I was grumpy too. You can do this, it's hard but you're stronger!

20 hours ago, Armygal 324 said:

I do not have a preop diet actually.

1 hour ago, Jlhilton519 said:

I had 5 days preop of chicken broth. It was horrible. I had no energy and I was grumpy too. You can do this, it's hard but you're stronger!

Thank you for the encouraging words. I can and will do this. Have you had your surgery yet?

50 minutes ago, Armygal 324 said:

Thank you for the encouraging words. I can and will do this. Have you had your surgery yet?

I did. March 9th. I'm on day 15 and I can finally have soft meats. It has been a struggle for me up to this point. Mentally draining and feeling weak. Plus, my daughter brought home a stomach bug last week 😅. Today was the first day I felt good enough to put on a dress and go out in the sun.