Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

I am slowly advancing myself to the puree stage a day or so early. Yesterday, I had a sweet and spicy tuna packet - tolerated well. Then I got carried away and ate small bits of watermelon, apparently too fast. Because restriction hit and I was so uncomfortable. I couldn't eat another bite of anything for the rest of the night. I couldn't even handle Water. I am going to love this! I was so uncomfortable but I never want my pouch to expand beyond what it is now.

So I won't be doing that again. But I did go buy some real crab meat (I am craving crab legs like no other), imitation crab meat, salmon, perch, all stuff for ricotta bake, tuna packets, chicken salad packets (these packets are perfect for on the go). I'm so excited to eat today. I've also ordered Unjury pre-made Protein Shakes. They're tasty and convenient. 8oz serving size has 110 calories and 20g Protein.

How are you guys doing on your Vitamins? Have you started? I found a huge uptick in my overall energy and feeling when I started taking Iron again. I use a liquid supplement called Floradix, 10ml in the AM and 10ml before bed - taken with Vitamin C. Then taking my calcium chews throughout the bulk of the day - at least 2 hours apart from the iron. They've also sent me a powerful Multi-Vitamin and sublingual 500mg tabs of B12.

Good luck tomorrow to all our March 21's! I will be thinking about you all!

I had my Covid test today. My first one ever. I'm looking forward to "Transformation Tuesday" (that's what my surgeon calls it).

Well, this is it. My revision surgery is 12.5 hrs away. Seemed like it would never happen and now here it is!

I leave for the hospital in a few hours. I live in ky so it’s 152 here have to be at the hospital at 7. I’m so nervous. Anxiety through the roof smh. . I’ve done prayed idk how many times. This is what I wanted tho. Good luck and congrats to everyone that goes today or this week or this month. We gonna kick ass.!

5 hours ago, alycia153 said:

Surgery was March 15, ugh. Worst decision I’ve ever made right now! Pain is awful and I have a high tolerance.

Hope you're feeling much better soon. Do you know about taking your pain meds on schedule, rather than waiting until it's awful? Once the pain gets ahead of you, it's much harder to control. Best of luck!

Had my gastric sleeve surgery on March 17th. Wondering if there are any surgery “twins” who want to share their experience and progress!

I was supposed to have a revision from RNY to distal RNY yesterday but, things didn't go exactly as planned with me yesterday. When do they ever? Surgery was only supposed to be an hour ended up being over 3 hours. Doctor found a lot of adhesions that he had to clear up before he could see exactly what was going on. My previous surgeon from 20 years ago did an older version of the surgery which included a loop that my current surgeon wasn't expecting and made my new surgery more dangerous so he had to fix a hernia that was there and basically had to abort the surgery were planning on doing. Which means I'm going to need a different surgery once I heal up from this one. I am doing okay now of course I'm in some pain I had abdominal surgery yesterday regardless of the changes to our plans.

11 minutes ago, Nifer72 said:

I was supposed to have a revision from RNY to distal RNY yesterday but, things didn't go exactly as planned with me yesterday. When do they ever? Surgery was only supposed to be an hour ended up being over 3 hours. Doctor found a lot of adhesions that he had to clear up before he could see exactly what was going on. My previous surgeon from 20 years ago did an older version of the surgery which included a loop that my current surgeon wasn't expecting and made my new surgery more dangerous so he had to fix a hernia that was there and basically had to abort the surgery were planning on doing. Which means I'm going to need a different surgery once I heal up from this one. I am doing okay now of course I'm in some pain I had abdominal surgery yesterday regardless of the changes to our plans.

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear this. That sucks. But... hopefully they will get you all fixed up so that you can safely have the surgery.

I had surgery on the 14th. Gas pain was horrible but overall manageable. What I wasn't expecting was extreme nausea. I stay an extra 2 days in the hospital because of it. I was vomiting blood and terrifying my husband. I wish I would have prepared myself and him mentally for that. Since being released it has been smooth sailing, but I traumatized my poor husband lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm march 30th

12 minutes ago, Armygal 324 said:

We are pretty close I'm April 1st

That's awesome if you'd like to message me your more than welcome