Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Potatoes 5 weeks out

To each their own. Just remember, there are people on here who look to others who’ve had surgery before them. Having WLS is a life changing procedure that includes people having to make certain life changes to ensure it works for them. I am not saying you specifically gave advice to anyone - if you want to openly share that you chose to not obey your doctor and dietician’s plan three days after surgery, so be it. Hopefully people considering surgery and those who just had surgery choose to follow their team’s plans.

3 hours ago, Chris10Mariah said:

To each their own. Just remember, there are people on here who look to others who’ve had surgery before them. Having WLS is a life changing procedure that includes people having to make certain life changes to ensure it works for them. I am not saying you specifically gave advice to anyone - if you want to openly share that you chose to not obey your doctor and dietician’s plan three days after surgery, so be it. Hopefully people considering surgery and those who just had surgery choose to follow their team’s plans.

Exactly to each their own.

If I chose to tell the o.p. that I didn't follow a plan I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO.

I never told her to do as I did.

My doctor and surgeon weren't even giving the same advice.

So just worry about your answers to her questions NOT anyone else's.

Just remember nobody is here to have their post or comments policed by anyone else🍻

I'm two years out and find that potatoes take up a lot of space. Today I had some potato salad with brisket, and I could only eat a couple of tablespoons. Like rice, I find that potato expands.

On 2/1/2022 at 2:31 AM, Missie21 said:

I didn't advise any body on anything.

I stated what I did!

My dietitian that works with my surgeon and my pcp were all giving DIFFERENT advice so again I DID what worked for me.

Obviously I payed attention to what I was doing and doing things in moderation.

There are lots of things that people here have stated they're doing that didn't work for me.

So don't tell me what I should n shouldn't do, I can honestly tell people what I've done after my vsg if I want NO WHERE did I tell anyone they should do it.

The advice some of you receive others may not.

So be mindful of that before trying to dictate other people's post!

Your post is in a totally different category than advising what did or didn't work for you. You're openly talking about doing something extremely dangerous that could kill someone.

My feeling is for the first few months follow your surgeon's and dietician's guidelines. From there once you've transitoned to solid foods you can work what works for you to lose weight (I wish we could talk about fat instead of weight) in a healthy way.

In saying that, there are is a varitey advice from surgeons and dieticians...but none that recommends eating what you like three days out...please anyone who is new to this site or weight loss surgery...please disregard the approach of eating what you like three days out! There are medical reasons for not doing this. Your stomach healing is at risk, and just because one person didn't experience complications from eating 'what they liked' doesn't mean you won' t.

12 hours ago, LaoDaBeirut said:

Your post is in a totally different category than advising what did or didn't work for you. You're openly talking about doing something extremely dangerous that could kill someone.

I can share what I CHOSE to do.

I didn't advise anything. PEOPLE are going to do WHATEVER they choose.

Clearly I'm alive which means I knew what to do.

You people always get on the internet and feel as if everyone has to do as you all say.

How about just sticking to giving your advice about YOUR journey

10 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

My feeling is for the first few months follow your surgeon's and dietician's guidelines. From there once you've transitoned to solid foods you can work what works for you to lose weight (I wish we could talk about fat instead of weight) in a healthy way.

In saying that, there are is a varitey advice from surgeons and dieticians...but none that recommends eating what you like three days out...please anyone who is new to this site or weight loss surgery...please disregard the approach of eating what you like three days out! There are medical reasons for not doing this. Your stomach healing is at risk, and just because one person didn't experience complications from eating 'what they liked' doesn't mean you won' t.

Yep and I AGREE with you.

You worded that excellently 🥂

10 hours ago, Missie21 said:

I can share what I CHOSE to do.

I didn't advise anything. PEOPLE are going to do WHATEVER they choose.

Clearly I'm alive which means I knew what to do.

You people always get on the internet and feel as if everyone has to do as you all say.

How about just sticking to giving your advice about YOUR journey

Okay you seem extremely angry and defensive.

What you chose to do is straight up dangerous. You're alive-you're lucky. If you continue to post about what you did, I will continue to point out that it is reckless and dangerous because that's the truth. If you don't like having people react to your posts, you are free to not post. If you want to just say what you did and have no one comment on it, an internet forum is not the place for you.

I had my surgery (sleeve) one month ago and I have lost 30 pounds. I weighed 210 before and now 182. I’m still having trouble with feeling full and knowing when I’m full. I do feel uncomfortable at times after eating but nothing really bad. I try to eat foods that have nutrient value. No rice, Pasta or bread. I feel sometimes I can eat more than 3 to 4 ounces. Is that normal?

I’m a month and 4 days what are some food ideas

I have a question My surgery is March 21 and I’m day one of pre op diet. I have been eating Protein fruits and veggies only. My tummy hurts is this normal ? Is it becuase it’s not used to healthy food ? How do you help ease the pain during this transition time

5 hours ago, KELLYOUHIDA said:

I have a question My surgery is March 21 and I’m day one of pre op diet. I have been eating Protein fruits and veggies only. My tummy hurts is this normal ? Is it becuase it’s not used to healthy food ? How do you help ease the pain during this transition time

My pre op diet was real food too, no shakes, but Keto. I had no pain or discomfort at all. I also had always been a big Protein & vegetable eater so not a huge change to my diet except for the extra fat. Eating a more high fibre (from cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, kale, collard greens, etc.) can give you wind & maybe colic. Would be worth a call to your medical team to rule out anything not related to the change of diet.

I’m 5 months out and occasionally il have a wee teaspoon of mash or three fries …. Alongside some Protein and veg items. I never order it as it’s a waste just steal a little taste from my other halfs plate … it kills the craving and it doesn’t dominate my calories for the day ! Each to their own … find your path x