Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not get saturated after mini portions

14 month post.i stick to my 7 oz portions and get 90g Protein per day and 1350 kcal on 4-5 meals and do not get saturated. I find it extremely difficult not to eat more because I desperately don't want to stretch the pouch. And even if, it hurts but not lead to more feeling saturation through the Day. What can I do? I drink enough..

Sent from my SM-A125F using BariatricPal mobile app

I have heard that hot tea can make you feel full by others. Perhaps that will work for you when you know you shouldn’t be hungry.

Mmmm? I wonder if you still have some head work to do. Are you truely hungry or just wanting food to satisfy some other needs? Are you wanting food because you’re bored? Tired? Sad? Happy? So you feel better? Habit? … Have you come to terms with what is a healthy & recommended portion size? 7oz isn’t a mini portion. Depending upon your height, weight, age, level of activity, 1350 calories a day is enough to ensure your body functions effectively.

We all have different triggers & realisations about how & why we eat. I still have to watch wanting to eat because I’m bored but I understand it now so I can mange it better. A big learning for me was the difference between eating until I was full and eating until I’d had enough. It’s realising the difference between wanting to eat & needing to eat. Do I need this bite (i.e. does my body need it to function) or do I just want it?

Did you see a therapist before or during your weight loss phase? It may be worth going back or getting a referral to one from your surgeon.

Years of poor eating habits, poor food choices, our cravings & emotional drives to seek comfort with food don’t ever really disappear. The surgery doesn’t change them. They’re not cut out with our tummy. But we can reduce their power & manage them better. It’s just sometimes we need help & support to do it.

All the best.

Mmmm? I wonder if you still have some head work to do. Are you truely hungry or just wanting food to satisfy some other needs? Are you wanting food because you’re bored? Tired? Sad? Happy? So you feel better? Habit? … Have you come to terms with what is a healthy & recommended portion size? 7oz isn’t a mini portion. Depending upon your height, weight, age, level of activity, 1350 calories a day is enough to ensure your body functions effectively.
We all have different triggers & realisations about how & why we eat. I still have to watch wanting to eat because I’m bored but I understand it now so I can mange it better. A big learning for me was the difference between eating until I was full and eating until I’d had enough. It’s realising the difference between wanting to eat & needing to eat. Do I need this bite (i.e. does my body need it to function) or do I just want it?
Did you see a therapist before or during your weight loss phase? It may be worth going back or getting a referral to one from your surgeon.
Years of poor eating habits, poor food choices, our cravings & emotional drives to seek comfort with food don’t ever really disappear. The surgery doesn’t change them. They’re not cut out with our tummy. But we can reduce their power & manage them better. It’s just sometimes we need help & support to do it.
All the best.

Thank you a lot Arabesque, this helps me so much!

What do you mean my 7 oz is not a big portion? And 1350 kcal enough?.. my basal rate is 1200 kcal and i habe still to loose weight.

You are so right - i thought it hat been and nutrition problem but it is not. Its bad Habit and wanting comfort an teasing.
Therapie is right now not possible, no free client space.
I want so badly work on my habits. Do you have podcast/book or online bariatric Programm recommendations which workes for you?
Much love for you, Laura

Sent from my SM-A125F using BariatricPal mobile app

As someone else has already said, warm liquids help quell your hunger and make you feel full. And as another person said, sometimes it's head hunger and not true stomach hunger. Does your surgeon's office offer lifetime support to talk to a nutritionist or therapist about these issues?

This is so hard!

When you are eating, what are you eating? Is it dense Protein and some veggies? Or are you eating "slider foods" like chips, Cookies, crackers, etc? You will not feel full for long if you are eating chips, cookies, crackers and the like.

I agree with drinking warm tea with some milk, or coffee, or broth. These can help you feel full.

If you have recently eaten but feel you want to eat again, try distracting yourself with a walk, an exercise video on YouTube, a hot shower/bath, or a hobby

17 hours ago, Annalaura88 said:

What do you mean my 7 oz is not a big portion? And 1350 kcal enough?.. my basal rate is 1200 kcal and i habe still to loose weight.

You are so right - i thought it hat been and nutrition problem but it is not. Its bad Habit and wanting comfort an teasing.
Therapie is right now not possible, no free client space.
I want so badly work on my habits. Do you have podcast/book or online bariatric Programm recommendations which workes for you?

Oh, I meant in comparison to what you likely used to eat which can mess with you too - ‘How can this be enough food? No wonder I’m hungry’ type thinking. That in itself can be a new learning: understanding that this is enough food.

I did a lot of general reading, nothing in particular. I watched some of Dr Vuong videos but particularly like Dr Matthew Weiner. They focus on bariatrics not therapy but Dr Vuong had some good ‘come to Jesus’ type moments. (You’ll have to scroll through his Covid videos & other stuff he has - like go back 2+ years). Others may be able to recommend readings, podcasts on eating disorders, etc.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCp6n4PijvgR_rhDZx_X8xwQ

https://m.youtube.com/user/DrMatthewWeiner/videos

I wasn’t working for most of the time in the first year post surgery so I had a lot of time to reflect on my life, really think about why I used to eat or not eat & researched. It was pretty obvious what I had been doing didn’t work & I needed to start from scratch. I dud lots of random google searches often from things people said on this forum. Lot of crap out there though so be careful. Check out their qualifications.

As a place to start, I found success by asking myself why. Why do I feel hungry? Why do I want something specifically sweet or salty? Why am I looking for something to eat? Sometimes I really have to break down my answer. Sometimes, there’s a legitimate reason. Missed a meal. Been low in my calorie intake for the day. Hot, sweaty day & low salt intake. Then I look for Protein rich food, salt some cucumber, have some fruit, etc. If there’s no real reason the cause for me is usually boredom. I try to find something to do to distract myself, have something to drink or make myself wait for 30mins. The wanting to eat disappears 99% of the time which proves it wasn’t a legitimate need for food in the first place.

All the best.