Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2022 Surgery Buddies

How are all fellow February surgery buddies getting alone as we soon reach the 3 month surgery anniversary? I would love to hear how you are doing. So far everything has been smooth for me and feeling lighter and happier.

I’m doing well. I’m down 39 pounds. Eating is still a little dicey at times. I eat bout four times a day, three to five bites. I pray you all are well and continued success throughout our new Journey.

🙏✝️🙌

On 04/25/2022 at 16:02, Rebecca Stinnett said:

I’m doing well. I’m down 39 pounds. Eating is still a little dicey at times. I eat bout four times a day, three to five bites. I pray you all are well and continued success throughout our new Journey.

🙏✝️🙌

Yay, that’s great to hear. I am the same as you. 40 pounds down and eating 3 or 4 times a day. 👍☺️

I am down 52 lbs but having issues with eating. Every time I eat a meal after about 3-4 bites it all of a sudden is disgusting and I can’t eat anymore. It could be something I really have been craving and as soon as I have a few bites it’s disgusting and I have to toss it out. If I continue to eat it is a chance it will come back up. Is anyone else going through this it is driving me crazy and making me not want to eat. I have already had problems taking in Protein I can’t drink the shakes because they won’t stay down so I try and get it through my food but now am getting disgusted over everything I eat. I am trying to stay positive but it is very hard.

Wow, my surgery was feb 23, 22. I'm down 20 lbs. Before surgery I was losing 1/2 pound a month, so I shouldn't be surprised, I'm very insulin resistant. I can eat like 1/2 a sandwich, or 1/2 a burrito. I can eat more than a few bites. Have not had any feeling of throwing up, nausea or anything like it. Sometimes I wonder if the surgery is working as good for me as others. I can drink a whole cup of tea in the morning, but I sip it slowly. I have fallen off the wagon twice since surgery and had carbs, that stales me out for 2-3 weeks. eating out is a challenge, since we can't have salads yet.

Having said that, I am working on emotional eating. This is probably my biggest issue. I can eat perfectly all week, then overdo it one day! It's better than it used to be, but there's still room for improvement.

congrats to you that have lost so much! I'm excited for you. I'm working on the next 20 pounds!

I've lost 49 lbs. About 25 since surgery, which was just over 2 months ago. I can eat any foods I want, as far as tolerating things. I've even eaten some foods that are not necessarily beneficial, but I try to always get my Protein, liquids, and still not overdo it on the calories to counterbalance the situation. It seems to be working for me. I haven't really had anything negative.

Great to hear everyone! On my end, I've lost 42 lbs. I can pretty much eat everything but I stay away from bread, white sugar/high sugar food/drink, and raw vegetables per my doc's order. I tried alcohol for the first time two weeks ago.. a vodka shot with Water and lemon juice while out with friends. Didn't get super drunk really fast or anything, pretty much felt the same as it did before surgery.

I do get very nauseous randomly on some days but for no apparent reason. I'm still on the nausea medication. I find that if I'm dehydrated and constipated, it makes me want to throw up. I take extra strength stool softeners every day along with my Vitamins too. I've thrown up twice, once Feb, once in March, from eating too fast and getting food stuck in my esophagus. Doc said I can wait for it to pass but I find it so uncomfortable that I just need to throw it up. Definitely getting really good at eating slowly now and have learned my lesson.

I just got back from a trip and barely ate anything on the trip or got in my 64 oz each day because I was out doing so much with people. I've been incredibly nauseous for the past 24 hours partially from Constipation, my period and what I'm suspecting is dehydration. I am really good at getting in all my Protein and water when I'm home but I have so much trouble keeping up with everything once my routine is switched up. I travel a lot so this is something I definitely need to get better at. The dehydration is no joke.

Hello Feb 2022 group, since we are sharing here I go.

I have lost 53 pounds but most of them on the first month, the last month I lost only 10. Almost 3 months PO I cannot eat eggs, bread, Pasta or tortillas, I used to love tacos and I have not enjoyed one during the last 3 months. 2 weeks ago I started having salads and I love that I can have a decent amount. I feel full very quickly still half of a cup of solid food sometimes less, I had to travel recently for work and family and during that time it was easy to drink Water but now that I am back at home I am struggling again I can do a little more than 32 oz. still pushing it. I am not a fan of Protein Shakes but try to do some smoothies with fruits and Protein dust ( eww) since I know I am not getting all the protein I need from food. I felt bad for a few days and ended up in ER, I got a CT and endoscopy and everything seem to be fine but I am suffering from reflux, I took some pills for it and now I seem to be able to control it with not eating too close to bed time, reclined bed etc. I wish you all to be successful fast or slow however our bodies decide they want to go.

11 minutes ago, LaTiaV said:

Hello Feb 2022 group, since we are sharing here I go.

I have lost 53 pounds but most of them on the first month, the last month I lost only 10. Almost 3 months PO I cannot eat eggs, bread, Pasta or tortillas, I used to love tacos and I have not enjoyed one during the last 3 months. 2 weeks ago I started having salads and I love that I can have a decent amount. I feel full very quickly still half of a cup of solid food sometimes less, I had to travel recently for work and family and during that time it was easy to drink Water but now that I am back at home I am struggling again I can do a little more than 32 oz. still pushing it. I am not a fan of Protein Shakes but try to do some smoothies with fruits and Protein dust ( eww) since I know I am not getting all the Protein I need from food. I felt bad for a few days and ended up in ER, I got a CT and endoscopy and everything seem to be fine but I am suffering from reflux, I took some pills for it and now I seem to be able to control it with not eating too close to bed time, reclined bed etc. I wish you all to be successful fast or slow however our bodies decide they want to go.

If you are wanting a taco fix, the Quest protein nacho chips with ground turkey and toppings work nicely. Good job!

3 hours ago, Hot Mess Bypass said:

If you are wanting a taco fix, the Quest Protein nacho chips with ground turkey and toppings work nicely. Good job!

thanks for the tip I will try it.

I'm reading that some people can only eat 3-4 bites! Thats wonderful. Sometimes I wonder, is this working for me, I can eat more than that. I'm trying to reassess and slow it down more and get in touch with my full factor. I can drink a full 8 oz of Water without any problem. I still deal with hunger pains, but they are better than normal, some days I'm only eating 800 calories a day, I've noticed if I don't feel hunger pains at least a little, I'm not losing.

9 minutes ago, DonnaGS said:

I'm reading that some people can only eat 3-4 bites! Thats wonderful. Sometimes I wonder, is this working for me, I can eat more than that. I'm trying to reassess and slow it down more and get in touch with my full factor. I can drink a full 8 oz of Water without any problem. I still deal with hunger pains, but they are better than normal, some days I'm only eating 800 calories a day, I've noticed if I don't feel hunger pains at least a little, I'm not losing.

Thank god someone finally said this!! I can eat about 3 oz of chicken and 1 c of salad in one meal with no problems or feeling of fullness.

And the hunger pangs! Omg they’re awful!! I’ve been in a stall since beginning of April. Finally lost 2 lbs this week.

I am starting to go back to my old habit of grazing and other mindless eating habits. I don’t eat as much of course but the habit is not something I want to continue. It’s the festive season in my community so there’ve been more Snacks around the house. Trying to curb that. My Water intake hasn’t been great but my protein’s not too bad. I aim for 20-25g (about 800oz I think) Anything less and my lethargy will render me useless. I’m envious of all the weight loss you guys have been having. I’m only at -40lbs 10 weeks post surgery. I haven’t been moving as much though. I got covid 7 weeks post surgery. The recovery is slow and the fatigue is TERRIBLE.

Edited by Shikin.k

I feel the fatigue still. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

Has the Hair loss started for anyone yet? I'm starting to notice a good chunk of hair come out each shower now. Not looking forward to this at all. Thr left top side of my hair is already really thin [emoji854]
(Sorry about the flakes, I'm recovering from a scalp sunburn) 20220428_215235.jpg 20220428_220139.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

22 hours ago, fourmonthspreop said:

I feel the fatigue still. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

Has the Hair loss started for anyone yet? I'm starting to notice a good chunk of hair come out each shower now. Not looking forward to this at all. Thr left top side of my hair is already really thin
(Sorry about the flakes, I'm recovering from a scalp sunburn) 20220428_215235.jpg 20220428_220139.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes to the Hair loss. Things were just getting better before the surgery too. I started on a skin/hair/nails supplement. Hopefully it will help.