Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2022 Surgery Buddies



Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jojo614 said:

So I am 10 days post op and my nutritionist has moved me to puréed foods 2ozs. I had grilled chicken with mashed potatoes yesterday, which I didn’t even finish all of it. I am also allowed to have cooked veggies now. I have been tolerating the food well, but only Have one puréed meal a day, i might have cream of wheat for Breakfast and then my puréed food for dinner. Is anyone else in puréed food yet?

I am and I’m eating chicken well the thing they always tell me is eat Protein first. I also can have mozzarella cheese just make sure to chew everything like a million times lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chicken is blended though, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey y’all! Boy have I had a roller coaster! I had VSG on Tuesday 2/22/22 and it has been a medical roller coaster. I started with a great CBC before surgery and it quickly went downhill. Tuesday night my HR was 122 resting so I had to have a Bolus of saline. That corrected but I was still bleeding internally. I lost more and more blood Wednesday-Thursday and my BP dipped to 74/52 at one point. I felt lightheaded and faint and couldn’t get out of bed. Doc told me the internal bleeding was pretty normal for this procedure. Things turned around on Thursday and my anemia started to correct itself so the doc sent me home. The remaining effects will last weeks the doc says. My only real problem now is I am extremely hungry. I’ve read it could be acid but I’m on Protonix once a day. Anyone has experience with post-op hunger? Anything help it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 5 days post surgery and super excited to connect with you all. I’m struggling with a few things, namely getting in my fluids, pain management and low blood sugar issues. I spoke to my doctor today who recommended that I try some thinned out cream of wheat to add some carbs and try to keep my blood sugar at a more normal level. Is anyone else dealing with this? Also, what are you doing to make sure that you get enough Fluid. I’m trying, but it just seems overwhelming and even with my small 3 ounce shot glasses, I don’t feel like I’m getting even close to 40 ounces of fluids. I’m at the high 20s, low 30s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/26/2022 at 20:43, emilyemiliemilu said:



Hey y’all! Boy have I had a roller coaster! I had VSG on Tuesday 2/22/22 and it has been a medical roller coaster. I started with a great CBC before surgery and it quickly went downhill. Tuesday night my HR was 122 resting so I had to have a Bolus of saline. That corrected but I was still bleeding internally. I lost more and more blood Wednesday-Thursday and my BP dipped to 74/52 at one point. I felt lightheaded and faint and couldn’t get out of bed. Doc told me the internal bleeding was pretty normal for this procedure. Things turned around on Thursday and my anemia started to correct itself so the doc sent me home. The remaining effects will last weeks the doc says. My only real problem now is I am extremely hungry. I’ve read it could be acid but I’m on Protonix once a day. Anyone has experience with post-op hunger? Anything help it?


Hey there! We’re almost surgery buddies. I had my sleeve surgery the day before yours, definitely had some of the same issues. I had bleeding as well, it was a lot and was quite concerning. I also had a BP dip, but I’m stabilized now. I think that I am dealing with the hunger pains as well, (I don’t really know what to do about it. I’m just offering my support as someone who is also feeling it!)
I’ve just been trying to note it, and either drink a broth or soup— something that at least has a good flavor. I’m hopeful that puréed food in a week or so will help with this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HE_TheBrave said:

Hey there! We’re almost surgery buddies. I had my sleeve surgery the day before yours, definitely had some of the same issues. I had bleeding as well, it was a lot and was quite concerning. I also had a BP dip, but I’m stabilized now. I think that I am dealing with the hunger pains as well, (I don’t really know what to do about it. I’m just offering my support as someone who is also feeling it!)
I’ve just been trying to note it, and either drink a broth or soup— something that at least has a good flavor. I’m hopeful that puréed food in a week or so will help with this!

Hello friend!! My mom did some research and found it might be the Reglan the doc prescribed me. Trying not to take that. Just had dumping syndrome from the Vitamins they gave me, at least that’s what I think it was. Anyhoo, thanks for replying! It’s good to know we’re not alone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also in pureed stage. I am eating a lot of Soups including Cauliflower Cheddar, chicken chili, lentil vegetable and Tomato basil. All pureed so there are no chunks. Honestly, I am dying to eat something crunchy. Not so much anything in particular. Even a carrot!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app


Chew on popsicles! They were my lifesaver when I had my sleeve 7 years ago. I stocked up on my favorite sugar free tropical flavors for my post-op revision this next week

Sent from my Z6201V using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I am 2 weeks since my gastric sleeve. I am only getting in about 1.2 litres of Fluid in a day and can only manage broth, 0.2% Greek yoghurt and skim milk. Is anyone the same? I am hoping to get approval to start Protein Shakes in a couple of days. No hunger but definitely feeling tired. Wishing everyone the best for their journey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery is tomorrow morning and my mother and sister literally waited until today to tell me they think I am making the wrong choice and they wish I wouldn’t go through with it. 🤬🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

11 minutes ago, .Annabelle said:

My surgery is tomorrow morning and my mother and sister literally waited until today to tell me they think I am making the wrong choice and they wish I wouldn’t go through with it. 🤬🤬

Your mother and sister should take their envy and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Good luck. You deserve this. :769_heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

Your mother and sister should take their envy and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Good luck. You deserve this. :769_heart:

No Negativity!

You Got This! I had mine on February 15,2022.

I’m doing Amazing, Protein is still an issue, but introduce every two hours like book says! We Are Here To Support Your Recovery!

Beautiful Blessings and Gods Speed in Your Journey!😘🙏✝️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had surgery (sleeve) on feb 23rd. Today is the first day without major nausea, just a very mild amount. The Premier shakes are very sweet, but thats what I have right now, I have tried Isopure and mixed it with Water, it has a nice creamy texture but would taste good in a shake. Having trouble getting all my Protein down. The water not so much. Every now and then I get a bit hungry, it lasts a few seconds then dissappears. Sugar Jello tastes yucky. broth is good though and sugar free popsickles are good.

Started walking today, feels good to get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      To working out faithfully for 5 days a week. Lets go back to that year with a more positive mind, 
       
      SKINNY SZN HERE WE COME!!!!
       
      It's Saturday!!! My fiance and I are out doing yard work and I made the mistake of not staying hydrated before going out so now my body is shaking and weak. I have my pre-op appointment Tuesday, the 2nd and I am trying my hardest to lose another 2 lbs by then. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jenuinelygenuinely

      Hi guys!!!
      Here is my big boy Zuko and daddy. My Great Dane/Shepherd. He was our first pup that we rescued from the Humane Society. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SimplySleevedCece

      Looking for new sleeve buddies! I’m 1.5 weeks post op and things seem to be getting a little difficult! I actually WANT food again eghh! Honestly, I feel like you don’t truly understand this process unless you go through it! Don’t be shy, say hello and let’s support each other during this journey 🙂
      · 1 reply
      1. jenuinelygenuinely

        You got this!! When I had the sleeve I cried every day during the liquid phase, It was during the super-bowl! I was sooo hungry I sucked on a piece of pork rind. LOL

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      A daily dose of my youngest fur boy Ozai
       
      My blue eyed Husky/Malamute

      · 2 replies
      1. SHORTY_

        Makes me wanna 'boop' it

      2. SimplySleevedCece

        😍 Aww look at his wittle teeef!

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      Meet my fur baby Azula. She is a German Shepherd/Red Heeler mix! My fiance and I rescued her on a road trip to Colorado in 2017. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×