Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2022 Surgery Buddies

I think my Vitamin has that worked into it. What's weird is my nails are growing like crazy. Like never before and are super hard and tough when before they were brittle but the hair is falling out. Hoping it's temporary.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well everyone I will be 3 months on the 8th and I’m officially down 60lbs and saying goodbye to the 300s. Still eating very little I eat about 4 bites and I’m full. I still have to drink a Protein Shake a day because I can’t eat enough but I do drink plenty of Water. Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

1 hour ago, Ccosta0425 said:

Well everyone I will be 3 months on the 8th and I’m officially down 60lbs and saying goodbye to the 300s. Still eating very little I eat about 4 bites and I’m full. I still have to drink a Protein Shake a day because I can’t eat enough but I do drink plenty of Water. Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Congratulations on getting out of the 300’s. It’s a shame there is not a clever little name for that like onederland because it’s just as big of a deal. Yay for you!!

Wondering if anyone else feels like they can eat more than others. I can easily eat 3 oz of chicken and 1 c of salad. Wondering if I stretched my pouch out already. My weight has stalled since mid-April and before that stalled from beginning of April to mid-April. I only lost 4 lbs in April.

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

Congratulations on getting out of the 300’s. It’s a shame there is not a clever little name for that like onederland because it’s just as big of a deal. Yay for you!!

Thanks and yes there really should be a name

Thanks and yes there really should be a name
Hmmm im about to get real nerdy.

-Twobular 2s
-Two Valhalla 2s
-Terrific 2s

I'm lost. I take it back but I tried XD

Coming up on my 3 month this Saturday. Crazy how fast it goes. Weight is coming off every week. I have on and off days with eating. Sometimes I can barely take 2 bites, sometimes I can eat a cup of food in one meal. But I'm happy with my progress.

I really want to start working out again. I manage long walks but nothing high intensity.

My arms are getting so saggy. I dream of getting the skin removed on them.

I keep putting off working out but I have been planting a lot of flowers and working in the yard so I would think that kind of counts. My weight hasn’t budged for almost four weeks. It is very frustrating. I don’t eat much at all and when I do I normally end up getting sick later.
I feel like it has been three very LONG months. I am just now starting to bounce back from horrible depression and anxiety.

I keep putting off working out but I have been planting a lot of flowers and working in the yard so I would think that kind of counts. My weight hasn’t budged for almost four weeks. It is very frustrating. I don’t eat much at all and when I do I normally end up getting sick later.
I feel like it has been three very LONG months. I am just now starting to bounce back from horrible depression and anxiety.

Def counts. Gardening and yard work is hard work. I sweat up a storm.

I'm sorry to hear that. Stalls are so frustrating. If you're consistently getting sick I'd suggest checking with your team. Report to them what you've been eating, how fast or slow you eat, drinking habits etc. They should be able to help.

Sometimes I've seen suggestions that focusing on Protein (or Protein Shakes in your case since you're having trouble eating) and lots of hydration can break stalls too.

Hi Everyone, I had the gastric sleeve surgery on February 1, and tomorrow will mark 16 weeks since my surgery. I'm doing pretty well (65.3 pounds down since start of pre-op two week diet, and 48 pounds down since the surgery), but I've definitely noticed that my weight loss is slowing down. I'm a little worried that I'm starting to snack more often (I'm loving Sugar Free Chocolate pudding make with skim milk), and I need to focus on not resuming the snacking habit and sticking to my five small meals per day. I think I'm also starting to slack a bit on my Protein intake - I'm averaging only 56 grams of protein a day for the past two weeks since I had a work trip out of town and struggled to get enough protein while traveling. I also need to work on maintaining my Fluid intake. I guess I'm revealing this here to reinforce that I need to be accountable to my goals. I hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Everyone, I had the gastric sleeve surgery on February 1, and tomorrow will mark 16 weeks since my surgery. I'm doing pretty well (65.3 pounds down since start of pre-op two week diet, and 48 pounds down since the surgery), but I've definitely noticed that my weight loss is slowing down. I'm a little worried that I'm starting to snack more often (I'm loving Sugar Free Chocolate pudding make with skim milk), and I need to focus on not resuming the snacking habit and sticking to my five small meals per day. I think I'm also starting to slack a bit on my Protein intake - I'm averaging only 56 grams of Protein a day for the past two weeks since I had a work trip out of town and struggled to get enough protein while traveling. I also need to work on maintaining my Fluid intake. I guess I'm revealing this here to reinforce that I need to be accountable to my goals. I hope everyone is doing well!

Def understandable! I had mine on Feb 14th and find that it's way easier to snack than to eat meals. I try to just be conscious about what I'm eating, Portion Control it and make up for my protein with shakes. My restriction is really kicking in these days and have been mostly just doing shakes and one small meal.

I also dumped for the first time last week. It was AWFUL. I was traveling with friends and hadn't eaten anything all day. We went on a long vigorous hike (I was visiting the state parks in Oregon). We all worked up ah appetite and decided to get dinner after. There was nothing on the menu I could eat (I don't eat meat and can't have salad yet) so I ordered French fries because I dont have issues with potatoes. I had some fries and felt fine and then I tried my friends honey butter and omg like right after dinner I was dizzy, my heart was pounding, and I was so incredibly nauseous. We had an hour and a half long drive back to our airbnb and I just sat in the back and was like don't mind my retching that food was not a good idea. They were really understanding and offered to stop at a bathroom but I didn't even have anything to throw up. It resolved itself after I took a nap in the back seat but wow I felt like I was fighting a demon. I learned my lesson.

I want to get better at eating my small meals so I don't end up not eating all day and then impulse choosing something that won't agree with me but lately the restriction has been in full bloom. I'm mostly drinking premier and Fairlife shakes and then having small protein Snacks in between. I've lost 84 lbs since beginning this journey. The numbers are all quite motivating but now I just want to work on finding an eating routine that works for my crazy life.

Hello all,

Reporting, today at 189 I am overweight not obese :D, I am a bald overweight woman. I will start looking for wigs and hats 😕.

Congrats!! I'm looking forward to just being overweight LOL It's a big accomplishment! My hair is falling out too. I am just parting it differently. Sometimes I wear ball caps. If it was colder, I'd wear a beanie.

49 minutes ago, fourmonthspreop said:

Congrats!! I'm looking forward to just being overweight LOL It's a big accomplishment! My hair is falling out too. I am just parting it differently. Sometimes I wear ball caps. If it was colder, I'd wear a beanie.

Thanks, I wish you make it soon to your goal, bangs help to cover the damage for now, I use a baseball cap when I go for walks but lately I feel better leaving it on for longer periods of time. 🧢

On 4/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, fourmonthspreop said:

I had my surgery on Valentine's Day
I'm officially at 270 as of this morning. I was at 309 when I went in for surgery. I want this damn weight to come off faster but I guess slow and steady wins the race. Its still funny to me being the fat person that doesn't eat anything. Obviously people who know I had surgery don't judge me about that but going to events and stuff with people I'm not familiar with and eating a couple bites of food while weighing 270 lbs is a funny image

I feel like I should have a sign on my shirt when I go to restaurants, can’t eat a lot bariatric patient!!!