Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2022 Surgery Buddies

3 hours ago, Jojo614 said:

So I am 10 days post op and my nutritionist has moved me to puréed foods 2ozs. I had grilled chicken with mashed potatoes yesterday, which I didn’t even finish all of it. I am also allowed to have cooked veggies now. I have been tolerating the food well, but only Have one puréed meal a day, i might have cream of wheat for Breakfast and then my puréed food for dinner. Is anyone else in puréed food yet?

I am and I’m eating chicken well the thing they always tell me is eat Protein first. I also can have mozzarella cheese just make sure to chew everything like a million times lol

The chicken is blended though, right?

Hey y’all! Boy have I had a roller coaster! I had VSG on Tuesday 2/22/22 and it has been a medical roller coaster. I started with a great CBC before surgery and it quickly went downhill. Tuesday night my HR was 122 resting so I had to have a Bolus of saline. That corrected but I was still bleeding internally. I lost more and more blood Wednesday-Thursday and my BP dipped to 74/52 at one point. I felt lightheaded and faint and couldn’t get out of bed. Doc told me the internal bleeding was pretty normal for this procedure. Things turned around on Thursday and my anemia started to correct itself so the doc sent me home. The remaining effects will last weeks the doc says. My only real problem now is I am extremely hungry. I’ve read it could be acid but I’m on Protonix once a day. Anyone has experience with post-op hunger? Anything help it?

I’m 5 days post surgery and super excited to connect with you all. I’m struggling with a few things, namely getting in my fluids, pain management and low blood sugar issues. I spoke to my doctor today who recommended that I try some thinned out cream of wheat to add some carbs and try to keep my blood sugar at a more normal level. Is anyone else dealing with this? Also, what are you doing to make sure that you get enough Fluid. I’m trying, but it just seems overwhelming and even with my small 3 ounce shot glasses, I don’t feel like I’m getting even close to 40 ounces of fluids. I’m at the high 20s, low 30s.

On 02/26/2022 at 20:43, emilyemiliemilu said:

Hey y’all! Boy have I had a roller coaster! I had VSG on Tuesday 2/22/22 and it has been a medical roller coaster. I started with a great CBC before surgery and it quickly went downhill. Tuesday night my HR was 122 resting so I had to have a Bolus of saline. That corrected but I was still bleeding internally. I lost more and more blood Wednesday-Thursday and my BP dipped to 74/52 at one point. I felt lightheaded and faint and couldn’t get out of bed. Doc told me the internal bleeding was pretty normal for this procedure. Things turned around on Thursday and my anemia started to correct itself so the doc sent me home. The remaining effects will last weeks the doc says. My only real problem now is I am extremely hungry. I’ve read it could be acid but I’m on Protonix once a day. Anyone has experience with post-op hunger? Anything help it?

Hey there! We’re almost surgery buddies. I had my sleeve surgery the day before yours, definitely had some of the same issues. I had bleeding as well, it was a lot and was quite concerning. I also had a BP dip, but I’m stabilized now. I think that I am dealing with the hunger pains as well, (I don’t really know what to do about it. I’m just offering my support as someone who is also feeling it!)
I’ve just been trying to note it, and either drink a broth or soup— something that at least has a good flavor. I’m hopeful that puréed food in a week or so will help with this!

11 minutes ago, HE_TheBrave said:

Hey there! We’re almost surgery buddies. I had my sleeve surgery the day before yours, definitely had some of the same issues. I had bleeding as well, it was a lot and was quite concerning. I also had a BP dip, but I’m stabilized now. I think that I am dealing with the hunger pains as well, (I don’t really know what to do about it. I’m just offering my support as someone who is also feeling it!)
I’ve just been trying to note it, and either drink a broth or soup— something that at least has a good flavor. I’m hopeful that puréed food in a week or so will help with this!

Hello friend!! My mom did some research and found it might be the Reglan the doc prescribed me. Trying not to take that. Just had dumping syndrome from the Vitamins they gave me, at least that’s what I think it was. Anyhoo, thanks for replying! It’s good to know we’re not alone!

I am also in pureed stage. I am eating a lot of Soups including Cauliflower Cheddar, chicken chili, lentil vegetable and Tomato basil. All pureed so there are no chunks. Honestly, I am dying to eat something crunchy. Not so much anything in particular. Even a carrot!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Chew on popsicles! They were my lifesaver when I had my sleeve 7 years ago. I stocked up on my favorite sugar free tropical flavors for my post-op revision this next week

Sent from my Z6201V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone, I am 2 weeks since my gastric sleeve. I am only getting in about 1.2 litres of Fluid in a day and can only manage broth, 0.2% Greek yoghurt and skim milk. Is anyone the same? I am hoping to get approval to start Protein Shakes in a couple of days. No hunger but definitely feeling tired. Wishing everyone the best for their journey!

My surgery is tomorrow morning and my mother and sister literally waited until today to tell me they think I am making the wrong choice and they wish I wouldn’t go through with it. 🤬🤬

11 minutes ago, .Annabelle said:

My surgery is tomorrow morning and my mother and sister literally waited until today to tell me they think I am making the wrong choice and they wish I wouldn’t go through with it. 🤬🤬

Your mother and sister should take their envy and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Good luck. You deserve this. :769_heart:

10 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

Your mother and sister should take their envy and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Good luck. You deserve this. :769_heart:

No Negativity!

You Got This! I had mine on February 15,2022.

I’m doing Amazing, Protein is still an issue, but introduce every two hours like book says! We Are Here To Support Your Recovery!

Beautiful Blessings and Gods Speed in Your Journey!😘🙏✝️

I had surgery (sleeve) on feb 23rd. Today is the first day without major nausea, just a very mild amount. The Premier shakes are very sweet, but thats what I have right now, I have tried Isopure and mixed it with Water, it has a nice creamy texture but would taste good in a shake. Having trouble getting all my Protein down. The water not so much. Every now and then I get a bit hungry, it lasts a few seconds then dissappears. Sugar Jello tastes yucky. broth is good though and sugar free popsickles are good.

Started walking today, feels good to get out.