Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2022 Surgery Buddies

My surgery date is 2/22/22. I'm having the gastric bypass. I'm currently on day 8 I think off my liquid diet. I'm miserable, not going to lie. But I have friends rooting me on and family supporting me. Good luck to everyone else who is having their surgery this month!

Hi all. I'll be in the hospital in less than 12 hours getting ready for my surgery. I'm a little anxious, but that's to be expected from any surgery. I'm hungry right now but I'm on Clear Liquids and then nothing else.

I'm very happy to hear that everyone that has had their surgery so far is doing well! Very encouraging for those of us going next!

Good luck to all my 2/17 partners. We got this!! 💪

5 hours ago, LJB777 said:

Hi all. I'll be in the hospital in less than 12 hours getting ready for my surgery. I'm a little anxious, but that's to be expected from any surgery. I'm hungry right now but I'm on Clear Liquids and then nothing else.

I'm very happy to hear that everyone that has had their surgery so far is doing well! Very encouraging for those of us going next!

Good luck to all my 2/17 partners. We got this!! 💪

Same here!!! 9:50 arrival and 11:50 start time.

Ditto to the above. Headed to the hospital in one hour. 8am arrival with surgery set for 11am. Nervous and excited. Here is to our health! Wish you all well.

Hey all! I had my gastric bypass on Monday the 14th. It's the 17th now and I feel heaps better. Pain is much more manageable and I feel like going out and doing things again. Also I'm so close to getting out of the 300s. It makes it all worth it. I'm at 302. Say a prayer I wake up on Saturday at 299 hahaha

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my sleeve surgery on 13/2. Feeling so much better now. Everyday gets easier! I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have! Good luck to everyone, we got this!

On 02/16/2022 at 21:41, touchdown22 said:

I’m one week post op and feeling good. I’m shocked I feel so well. A little sore but I love the scale. Started my pre op diet at 261. I’m now 236. No more back pains.

Wow! That’s awesome!

1 hour ago, fourmonthspreop said:

Hey all! I had my gastric bypass on Monday the 14th. It's the 17th now and I feel heaps better. Pain is much more manageable and I feel like going out and doing things again. Also I'm so close to getting out of the 300s. It makes it all worth it. I'm at 302. Say a prayer I wake up on Saturday at 299 hahaha

So glad to hear that all is going well for you and that you are feeling better.

You got this!

15 minutes away from facility for my sleeve. EXCITED and little nervous! Good luck and Gods Blessings for all my Feb 2022 buddies.

Hi,

I had my first egg today, I had been dreaming about it, I normally have them over easy, I could only eat half of it and it was bleh!! my dog enjoyed the rest and she ate it in one bite, I felt jealous. next time I will boil it and have only the white, feels like I had one of those IHOP Breakfast with pancakes and everything.

2 week post sleeve check-in. Down 30 lbs (including Pre-op diet). I've been very fortunate to have no naseau or real pain. Biggest issue was insomnia the first week after surgery. That seems to have fixed itself with increased activity over the last week.

So excited today to add pureed foods. Had eggs with hummus for breakfast. Did my first food prep session. Made a huge mess but was able to make enough meals for myself and my husband to last a week. I think practice makes perfect on this. Incisions mostly healed. When they start to itch, I take a half of a benedryl.

Walking about 15 to 20 minutes 2 to 3 times a day on the treadmill. Looking forward to the spring so I can walk outside. Still building up stamina on my lower calorie intake to get back topre-surgery goal of 10k steps a day. Also set my watch to remind me if I haven't moved in an hour. Just walking around my house and up and down the stairs to get in those steps. Starting to see increased exercise is leading to more overall energy.

How are all my 2 week post surgery buddies doing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey!
I had Gastric Sleeve on February 15,2022. I spent 24 hours in hospital. I’ve had no issues as of yet. My first visit to Lauren Buck was November 3,2021. I’ve been big my whole life. But health issues started adding up quickly so I chose to do the surgery. If any of you have questions please feel free to contact.

Glad to hear you're starting some real food

I'm almost 4 days post op from my gastric bypass. I just dropped all the liquid weight from my hospital stay.

I am tending to have issues meeting both hydration and Protein at the same time. Like I might get 60 grams of protein in but only 40 oz of Water or today I got 60 oz of water and only 45 grams of protein. I started getting acid reflux too after I had a sugar free popsicle

I bought some shelf stable roasted red pepper Soup I want to have sooooo badly but I'm terrified of dumping so I'm trying to take it step by step and really listen. My body is definitely telling me that all that water and protein is soo much and it's a challenge.

My chest pain is still there and I have major pain in my sotmach/organ left side area. I managed to get in 10000 steps today so I'm proud of that but I am so low energy and lethargic. I walk so slowly and get out of breath just going up the stairs when pre op I was jogging and walking 4 miles a day. My doc said it's all normal and to give it some time but I can't help but feel sorry for myself.

It all feels weird and lonely since I'm going through this alone. Food isn't here anymore to derail me but I'm too lethargic to get big chores or work done. I just want to wake up and feel energetic.

P.S. any post oppers start drinking coffee or protein coffees yet? It's so tempting with how little energy I have.