Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2022 Surgery Buddies

On 01/23/2022 at 08:03, sleever314 said:

I’m scheduled for RNY Revision Feb 8th from a sleeve March 2016. Wish I would have just gotten the RNY in the first place. But I’m excited and ready.

What made you decide to get a revision?

Hey Feb Buddies. I am 48 hours away from surgery and I think I’m ready. I’m just nervous. I think I’m nervous about the surgery itself - like the anesthesia, waking up and the post op pain.

In the last 72 hours I have had cravings for foods. I think it’s about the very limited diet for the last 12 days. Has anyone else experienced that?

Other than the diet and the packing I’m not sure what else I should be doing. Any advice?

How are you or did you get ready? What did you do to pump yourself up for surgery? Any advice is appreciated!!
Lala

2 minutes ago, LalaTaylor said:

Hey Feb Buddies. I am 48 hours away from surgery and I think I’m ready. I’m just nervous. I think I’m nervous about the surgery itself - like the anesthesia, waking up and the post op pain.

In the last 72 hours I have had cravings for foods. I think it’s about the very limited diet for the last 12 days. Has anyone else experienced that?

Other than the diet and the packing I’m not sure what else I should be doing. Any advice?

How are you or did you get ready? What did you do to pump yourself up for surgery? Any advice is appreciated!!
Lala

I'm on day 11 of my pre-op diet and started having some freaking out feelings today. Also just hit the point where my son's cold half-eaten grilled cheese sitting on the counter looks like the best thing ever, lol.

On 02/12/2022 at 18:29, LalaTaylor said:

Lala

I am prone to anxiety without WLS so I had to come up with some things to alleviate presurgery anxiety! I did many things to get ready for recovery, but if all the things I did, I found setting up a journal and meal planner to be cathartic. I bought this journal https://www.amazon.com/Clever-Fox-Weekly-Meal-Planner/dp/B088LSB6BC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=37FN1JATNE23H&keywords=clever+fox+planner+2022+meal&qid=1644708875&sprefix=clever+fox+planner+2022+meal%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-3. I set up pages to track weight loss, goals, milestones, etc. I bought beautiful markers for the journal. I worked on it several times leading up to the surgery. It was relaxing and helped me visualize the journey.

11 minutes ago, LalaTaylor said:

Lala

Hey me too. I have surgery on Monday and yesterday my body was not happy. My stomach was GROWLING even tho up till now I’ve been ok. Lost like 16 lbs so far but now I’m actually starving lol

2/17 here. I can’t wait. Best health and success to all.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:32 PM, BelievinginTiki said:

RNY on the 23rd. Best of luck!

Wish you the best, I'm getting sleeved on the 25th.

On 02/12/2022 at 17:29, LalaTaylor said:

Lala

I’m nervous as well. I’m concerned about not successfully changing habits more than post surgery pain. I just want to get this right. Good luck!

On 02/12/2022 at 17:39, MimmyMim said:

I am prone to anxiety without WLS so I had to come up with some things to alleviate presurgery anxiety! I did many things to get ready for recovery, but if all the things I did, I found setting up a journal and meal planner to be cathartic. I bought this journal https://www.amazon.com/Clever-Fox-Weekly-Meal-Planner/dp/B088LSB6BC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=37FN1JATNE23H&keywords=clever+fox+planner+2022+meal&qid=1644708875&sprefix=clever+fox+planner+2022+meal%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-3. I set up pages to track weight loss, goals, milestones, etc. I bought beautiful markers for the journal. I worked on it several times leading up to the surgery. It was relaxing and helped me visualize the journey.

I am anxiety prone as well and purchased the same journal. I’m praying it helps with anxiety and developing new habits. Good luck.

On 02/09/2022 at 08:07, DonnaGS said:

Good luck to you! I'm scheduled for the sleeve on Feb 23rd in LA. I haven't lost any weight but a couple of pounds. I lose 1/2 pound a month. Ugh. Love the picture of Huskys. I have a German Sheppard, my son has half husky, half GS beautiful dog.

I have a February 23 date also. I’m in Nashville. Best of luck.

Hey! I made it! just had my gastric bypass today. I will say when I woke up in recovery from anesthesia I was incredibly nauseous and threw up 3 times. The nauseous I felt was only from the anesthesia. Once they gave me good meds and I slept for 3 hours I woke up feeling like a new woman.

I'm already doing laps around the hospital and am drinking liquids, eating ice and Jello. I'm about 8 hours post op

I will say for anyone who has ever had a bit too much to drink, it feels like a bad hangover mixed with an intense core workout... that's the best way I can describe the feeling but you feel so much better with time.

I dont regret it at all. I thought I'd feel depressed about being in a hospital feeling sick but the nurses are so nice and my room is cozy. I'm considering it a self love retreat.

It's not so bad! You will all do great! Sending prayers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey everybody had my surgery the 8th go to my one week appt. Tomorrow. Wasn’t that bad I think I felt worse after my sleeve. Sooo happy I did it.

I am a few days away and so excited and nervous all at the same time.
Thank you all for sharing and keeping us updated. It helps so much for us who are waiting and have questions.
My surgery is a revision from sleeve to bypass due to Hiatal Hernia which my surgeon will repair, GERD and never getting to goal with some weight gain.
2017 HW 284 I’m 5’3
LW after sleeve 194 after I juiced for three days to break the 200’s.
Then two years ago I gained up to 224 and I turned vegetarian. Got down to 187. Then COVID hit. I have gained and lost the same 30 lbs for the last few years. Now my current weight is 225. My revision is set for Thursday, 2/17. I am hopeful all my efforts will get me to goal this time. I’m scared to end up the same. Wish me luck.