Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2022 Surgery Buddies

8 minutes ago, SoCalEm said:

Question. Has anyone had hunger pains yet? I’m 3 days post surgery and the appetite came back last night. It started when I sat next to someone eating a big plate of Greek food and has been off and on since.

I’ve been on Clear Liquids since Wednesday and am behind on Protein. Tomorrow starts full liquids so I’m hoping that’ll help. Also wondering if it could all be in my head…

A very small number of people do have actual hunger pains immediately post surgery but it is more likely to be head hunger. One way to distinguish is that head hunger you usually crave something specific- usually something that’s not the best choice for you while actual

hunger even the healthiest (not favorite) choices sound good.

What’s an abdominal binder?
An abdominal binder is a long wrap with velcro that a surgeon can wrap around your abdomin to keep everything in place. I requested one be put on me before I left the OR. It helps when you are getting up out of chair and moving around because it limits the pull on the incisions. You don't realize how much you use your abdonimal wall for almost every movement. I didn't have one when I had my hysterectomy and now I really wish I had.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, SoCalEm said:

Question. Has anyone had hunger pains yet? I’m 3 days post surgery and the appetite came back last night. It started when I sat next to someone eating a big plate of Greek food and has been off and on since.

I’ve been on Clear Liquids since Wednesday and am behind on Protein. Tomorrow starts full liquids so I’m hoping that’ll help. Also wondering if it could all be in my head…

I wasn't hungry until this afternoon (POD3) and I felt like I could eat anything put in front of me. I wound up slowly chewing 3 teaspoons of chili and then drank my Water allotment. I know I wasn't supposed to do ground foods yet but all of a sudden, I was ravenous. Anyone else feel this way?

5 hours ago, ET0718 said:

Hello! Brand new here, just found this app/page yesterday and I have loved reading many of the posts.

I am going in tomorrow morning for my procedure. This will be my third date, so hoping this one is final (other two postponed due to COVID.) Feeling nervous, but so ready for this new lifestyle!

Good luck I go tomorrow also this was the second reschedule.

Well TODAY IS THE DAY it is 6:30 in the morning in Ohio my surgery is scheduled at 1pm. I am so ready for this. I don’t know about you all but this has been a long daunting process for me. My insurance required 6 months nutritionist appt plus a few other and then I had to wait another 3 months for my first surgery date then that was rescheduled out till today . I am excited 😜 that it is finally here. Say a prayer for me everyone.

I am scheduled 2/22/22 for my gastric sleeve! 🙌🏻

On 02/07/2022 at 11:40, Honey10604 said:

Well TODAY IS THE DAY it is 6:30 in the morning in Ohio my surgery is scheduled at 1pm. I am so ready for this. I don’t know about you all but this has been a long daunting process for me. My insurance required 6 months nutritionist appt plus a few other and then I had to wait another 3 months for my first surgery date then that was rescheduled out till today . I am excited 😜 that it is finally here. Say a prayer for me everyone.

Good luck! ☺️

Hey all! New member here, and my RNY is scheduled for Feb 16th (in MN). 9 more days! Almost done with the first week of my 2 week pre-op diet, going strong. 💪

My 5 year old and husband woke up this morning with stuffy noses and coughing, so I'm taking zinc, Vitamin C, and wearing a mask at home around them as I do NOT want to catch their cold a week before surgery! :65_mask: This is my 2nd date, as my original date of Nov 17 was canceled because the whole family got Covid the week before and then the hospital ended up cancelling surgeries anyway because of capacity. I am not trying to get canceled and wait another hecking 3 months to be rescheduled again, it would break my heart. 💔

Thanks for sharing, glad you are having a better go of it this time. When did you have the sleeve? I'm happy to hear the pain is minimal. I have surgery on Feb 23rd. Sleeve.

I'm very happy to hear that all you guys are doing ok post surgery. I'm getting closer to the 17th and getting anxious. I've been on a mixed diet for the past week and hasn't been too much fun so far. I replace 2 meals for a Protein Shake and 3-4 oz of lean meat and lettuce. It's not that bad but not easy. But it's just for a little longer! I'll keep you all in my prayers!

This process is a bit daunting. I had RNY surgery 2/3 so it's been 4 days. I am losing weight but am afraid to eat much or anything. My tummy is sore but tolerable. I'm trying to get in my Protein via the Premier Protein 30g protein per shake deal but it's less than yummy, tbh. I am walking and expect to return to work on Wednesday (mostly desk job, no lifting). I am trying to learn my "new body's" way of telling me I'm hungry. Anyone else going through this struggle?

I am. I also had RNY surgery on 2/3. I’ll PM you and perhaps we can keep in touch?

6 hours ago, LJB777 said:

I'm very happy to hear that all you guys are doing ok post surgery. I'm getting closer to the 17th and getting anxious. I've been on a mixed diet for the past week and hasn't been too much fun so far. I replace 2 meals for a Protein Shake and 3-4 oz of lean meat and lettuce. It's not that bad but not easy. But it's just for a little longer! I'll keep you all in my prayers!

I’m 2 weeks post op and am getting board of the liquids. I would kill to get back to 2 shakes and Protein and salad!!!!! But I should be moving to phase 3 on Thursday!!!! Hang in there and good luck!!