Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2022 Surgery Buddies

2 minutes ago, Dcsjoc said:

Yes so true I am usually not a salted Caramel fan. Someone gave me a fairlife salted Caramel and it was pretty good nothing I want to drink daily because it is so sweet but good. I just finished my first chocolate fairlife and yes by far the best Chocolate Protein Shake I have tasted so far. Most have funny after taste and thick and chalky not fair life. That will be the only kind I get for the rest of this venture . I also bought vanilla but I haven’t tried it. Waiting for it to chill in fridge. I will have this afternoon.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:00 PM, MimmyMim said:

We really are surgery twins! I am just outside of Atlanta and am scheduled for surgery 2/3. (That is assuming Anthem and Northside can figure out their differences by then.). I finished my requirements in November. I am in day 8 of a liquid diet and and down to 303. My highest weight was 330 this summer; 316 when I saw the surgeon in October; and 312 at the start of the liquid diet. Good luck to you!

That is so awesome ! I wonder if we have the same body type too lol More in the hips for me. Good luck to you too!

I was a January and was rescheduled to February 1st. Two more wake ups. I cant believe its her.

prior lapband patient
band removal 11/18/21

sw 257
surgery date 1/18/22 unless cancelled because of covid

How are all my 2/3 surgery date buddies doing on their pre-op diets? It's been tough but doable so far. Today was the hardest. Watching football and not having pizza and all the junk food that I used to eat while watching football. Tried to treat my Fairlife Nutrition Plan shakes as dessert since it's sweeter than most anything else that I eat. Also struggling with low energy even though I am comfortably meeting all my Protein and Water goals.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 01/30/2022 at 19:39, freckledmegan said:

How are all my 2/3 surgery date buddies doing on their pre-op diets? It's been tough but doable so far. Today was the hardest. Watching football and not having pizza and all the junk food that I used to eat while watching football. Tried to treat my Fairlife Nutrition Plan shakes as dessert since it's sweeter than most anything else that I eat. Also struggling with low energy even though I am comfortably meeting all my Protein and Water goals.

I am scheduled for 2/3, too. I have only had two days that I felt over the liquid diet. Today was one of those days. Those shakes were hard to get down, and my energy was super low. But after 11 days of this and only a few more to go before surgery, there was no way I was going to cheat. Are you on a clear liquid diet Wednesday?

On 01/10/2022 at 13:50, SoCalEm said:

Hey all! I'm also scheduled for Feb 3rd and I'm getting the sleeve here in the Los Angeles area. I started this process back in August, and now that I'm weeks away, it's a little overwhelming. I'm mostly really excited, so I'll focus on that emotion as much as possible.

I’m getting my sleeve done on the 24th also in Los Angeles. I’m so excited. I’ve been working on getting approved for almost a year now. 🎉

I am scheduled for 2/3, too. I have only had two days that I felt over the liquid diet. Today was one of those days. Those shakes were hard to get down, and my energy was super low. But after 11 days of this and only a few more to go before surgery, there was no way I was going to cheat. Are you on a clear liquid diet Wednesday?
I am Clear Liquids only on Wednesday. Hospital gave my this high carb pre-op Ensure to drink to the morning of my surgery. Sounds like carb loading to help kickstart healing process right after surgery.

On 01/30/2022 at 17:39, freckledmegan said:

I am scheduled for 2/3. Today was difficult. Weekends are less busy and I am around all the food. Only a few more days before we join the losers bench! I am on clear liquids on Wednesday. I work Mon, Tues, and Wed so I should be plenty distracted and do fine.

I am very low energy today.

Excitement builds as we get closer.

My surgery is also on the 17ht! I’ve ordered my Vitamins, sugar free ice pops and Protein Shakes. I start my 2 week liquid/ modification site in the 2nd.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:57 PM, MeganMyers said:

I am scheduled for 2/3. Today was difficult. Weekends are less busy and I am around all the food. Only a few more days before we join the losers bench! I am on Clear Liquids on Wednesday. I work Mon, Tues, and Wed so I should be plenty distracted and do fine.

I am very low energy today.

Excitement builds as we get closer.

I’m struggling but I haven’t cheated .. 2/3 here we come!!!

On 1/30/2022 at 6:39 PM, freckledmegan said:

Fellow 2/3 here

I've been on low carb but not all liquids for 2 weeks, wasn't too bad, wasn't awesome though! Tomorrow I switch to liquid only for the days before surgery, so that'll be fun 😬

I had to go get covid tested today and that came back negative, I'm so relieved because I was super worried I'd be positive randomly. Did a bunch of other pre-op stuff today too, paperwork and consent forms all that jazz. It's finally feeling real, I'm so scare-cited!

Edited by DecemberRain18
Spelling

12 hours ago, Dubbzapplez said:

This liquid diet is kicking my a**!!! Day 5 .. Surgery is 2/3

I'm on day 2, and I'm annoyed. LOL. I have a Migraine, and I'm tired, ugh. when you think of it - its a 4 week diet, because 2 weeks afterward!