Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone
I’m considering my next PS which will be a thigh lift. Just in research mode. Prob a year at least out from that. I’m curious for those who have had thigh lifts if it left your calves loose looking-like thigh is all tight now but calves loose looking. how far down did your surgeon go down the leg? To the knee or was it much higher?
Also, looking for pics bc honestly that would be one scar that would be hard to hide and I don’t scar well. Anyone with experience that wouldn’t mind sharing that would be appreciated!
Thank you!

I'm scheduled to have my thigh lift on Jan 20. I'll let you know how it goes.

@lynnllvesthebeach
That’s pretty exciting!! What is the plan with your thigh lift? What type of incision is he going to do? How long did he say for recovery?

I'm wondering about this. I am only down 90lbs but My thighs are like the worst in terms of loose skin. Sometimes it gets caught under the toilet seat and I got a small cut from that. Soooo gross! I keep thinking I don't want plastics, but it's pretty bad already, and I'd like to lost 40-50 lbs more... if my body allows!

@lizonaplane
I’d def get to goal first that way you are in maintenance mode. Bc if you still have more weight you want to lose then you dont want to have to go bk a second time and tuck those loose areas again. That would be expensive for a second time. It’s already expensive once! Lol
Let us know how you’re progressing! Sounds like you are really close!

15 hours ago, Kris77 said:

@lizonaplane
I’d def get to goal first that way you are in maintenance mode. Bc if you still have more weight you want to lose then you dont want to have to go bk a second time and tuck those loose areas again. That would be expensive for a second time. It’s already expensive once! Lol
Let us know how you’re progressing! Sounds like you are really close!

Oh, of course, I want to wait until my weight is stable for at least a year. And I'm not sure how I will feel about it then... I really didn't like having surgery!

On 1/4/2022 at 7:20 AM, Kris77 said:

@lynnllvesthebeach
That’s pretty exciting!! What is the plan with your thigh lift? What type of incision is he going to do? How long did he say for recovery?

It will be an incision down the inside of the thigh and the front of my leg in the fold and I'm also having a second procedure with an incision in the gluteal fold to remove excess skin in the lower butt. I'm taking 6 weeks off work for recovery, whether I need that long or not. I'm a nurse, walk several miles a day, and want to make sure I can do that before I go back.

This is interesting to learn. I didn't know there was such a thing as a "thigh lift." I'll be watching this thread to see how it goes for you all and learning more information about it.

11 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

This is interesting to learn. I didn't know there was such a thing as a "thigh lift." I'll be watching this thread to see how it goes for you all and learning more information about it.

Yes, it looks like they can lift and tuck almost everything if you don't mind a scar! I'm not sure why but they don't do lower legs. I think I'll offer myself as a "practice" body for my surgeon if he wants to develop a procedure for that! My surgeon is Fellowship trained in body contouring after massive weight loss...surely he can come up with something new!

On 01/15/2022 at 05:14, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

It will be an incision down the inside of the thigh and the front of my leg in the fold and I'm also having a second procedure with an incision in the gluteal fold to remove excess skin in the lower butt. I'm taking 6 weeks off work for recovery, whether I need that long or not. I'm a nurse, walk several miles a day, and want to make sure I can do that before I go back.

Wow, can’t wait to see your results. That’s pretty good that a few scars will be hidden by the natural crease of the upper leg. I’d love to see before/after pics if you are comfortable with that if you want to PM me. I’m still on the fence bc of how i scar. A scar to the knee on me would be hard to hide-

On 01/04/2022 at 04:08, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

I'm scheduled to have my thigh lift on Jan 20. I'll let you know how it goes.

How did it go?!!

Sorry it took me so long to answer you. I ended up having thighs, gluteal fold excision and revision of bilateral brachioplasty. I came home on Saturday. I’ve basically been laying on the couch, flat with my legs elevated. My incisions go from the front of my groin, all the way down past the lady parts and across the gluteal fold and then vertically down the middle of my thigh and 1/2 way across my knee- that was to help pull up the skin on my lower leg. He asked me if I wanted him to go that far and I said yes. I have 2 drains, one in each leg. Hope I get them out on Friday. I’m glad I did this when it’s cold because I have compression garments from wait to ankles and full length arms. I can’t believe I forgot to take a before picture. I know the doctor has some, I’ll ask him if I can have copies at some point. Pain has been well controlled. I’m impressed with how my thighs look but they are pretty bruised and swollen. I thought my arms looked ok before but they look even better now.

Hi!! Glad to hear everything went well!!! And that the pain is well controlled. Curious, to see if that’s something you don’t mind?
Maybe PM me?

9 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Hi!! Glad to hear everything went well!!! And that the pain is well controlled. Curious, to see if that’s something you don’t mind?
Maybe PM me?

Right now they are so bruised and swollen, not sure you want to see that.

Hey!! How are you healing up?
Happy with your results?