Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks after bypass and have only lost 18 pounds still!

Okay calm down. 6 weeks out is REALLY early to be working out this much when your body is barely even taking in food.

Regardless, 18 lbs is a lot. This sounds totally normal.

Without your starting weights and surgery weights and what you are eating daily, its really hard to advice you. I would agree with LaoDaBeirut Why are you doing so much exercise ? You seem to be spinning out and panicking. I think you need to speak to your team. Take care of yourself and take the stress out of your recovery

2 hours ago, GiGi 1970 said:

I workout 2 times a day 25 minutes each round.

My goodness, who told you to punish yourself this much, dear? Is this something you can do for the rest of your life? If not, then maybe see what would be sustainable long-run?

There's definitely some muscle (and Water retention to build that muscle) happening with this schedule, but seriously, your body may be holding on to everything it has due to the sudden shock?

How about taking two-three rest days, getting 1000-1200 calories at least including 60-80g Protein, and see what happens? Give yourself some time to catch up?

I don't know what your starting weight was, but I started at 373 lbs and lost 16 lbs the first month. I don't remember where I was at the six-week point (it's been a few years since I had surgery - and I only have my monthly weights in my spreadsheet), but I was probably not that far ahead of you.

that pound you gained could be anything - Water retention, more stool than usual in your intestines, hormone related - I wouldn't worry about a pound. Weight fluctuates all the time. As long as your overall trend is down, you're good.

P.S. if you're expecting to drop like 30 lbs a month, you need to adjust your expectations. Almost no one loses that much that quickly unless they're the size of someone on "My 600 lb Life". Unfortunately, I think shows like that give people unrealistic ideas and expectations about weight loss surgery. Us "normal" WLS patients, with very few exceptions, just don't lose that fast. After the first month, many of us settle into about a 10-lb a month (give or take) rate...and the further out you get, the slower the loss.

That’s three pounds a week. Not sure if your stats but I agree that sounds like your doing fine. Especially if you had a low ish starting weight. I am almost nine months out and have only lost 51 pounds post surgery and my team is totally thrilled with my loss so far.

Just some advice here;
Stop focusing on your weight. Pamper and take care of yourself, enjoy your life, get creative, learn something new...sounds like you are hyper-focused which causes impatience and depression. The weight WILL come off...do stuff to help pass time and RELAX. The cortisol you are generating in your stressed and frustrated state is working against you. I went from a 5x at over 400 lbs to a size 6 in less than 8 months. The bulk of my weight dropped of after the first two months...until then I remember feeling frustrated a little too, but just got into crafting and finally was released to go back to work. Point is...enjoy the journey and once your relaxed and trust the process the weight will be gone before you know it. Oh ya, I only took walks and hiked a little for exercise.

Sent from my SM-A515U using BariatricPal mobile app

P.S. if you're expecting to drop like 30 lbs a month, you need to adjust your expectations. Almost no one loses that much that quickly unless they're the size of someone on "My 600 lb Life". Unfortunately, I think shows like that give people unrealistic ideas and expectations about weight loss surgery. Us "normal" WLS patients, with very few exceptions, just don't lose that fast. After the first month, many of us settle into about a 10-lb a month (give or take) rate...and the further out you get, the slower the loss.
I didn't know what to expect. I keep getting from all my friends how people they know lost so much more . It was making me second guess everything I was doing. I'm losing slow but not as panicked! Thanks

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'll be 6 weeks this Tuesday and I have also only lost about 18 pounds 😂

I totally understand what you mean, it can get to you when scale simply doesn't wanna co-operate. Plus I also have PCOS, so could be why I am one of the slow losers. But give it some time and see how it goes.