Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can eat too much

Just remember to eat slow. Put fork/spoon down in between each bite.
Really listen to your body. Since you’re saying you don’t feel any differently-make sure you are measuring out your food and stick to what your NUT says you should have at this point.
Everyone is different so try not to compare yourself to what others have or don’t have at each stage. For me what worked and is working is Log, measure and wait those 30 min after drinking to eat and 30 min after eating to drink. I focus on Protein most. You can do this!!😊

People say that the restriction sometimes doesn’t kick in until you get past soft foods. Throughout the whole process I was able to eat more than was expected for each stage. I just have to measure my food and eat only what I am supposed to. Now at almost 9 months out I can already eat almost a full serving of things. According to my team this is okay. I reached that a little sooner than most but it doesn’t mean something is wrong or that I did anything wrong. The main thing is to still eat slow and listen for your full cues and to stop when you feel satisfied or when you finish your portion. I should add that I have lost weight on the slower side but I am steadily losing still. I am ten pounds from goal.

Edited by ShoppGirl

We all heal at our own pace. The nerves that were cut during your surgery may not have fully healed so the sensations may not all be back yet. It’s why many of us are advised to eat/drink certain portion sizes at the beginning. But you will discover you likely have different signals & cues to indicate you’ve eaten enough when they kick in again.

As @Kris77 said, really listen to your body (not your head). It takes time for the message to get through that you’ve had enough. You’re going to be eating in a totally different way to how you likely used to eat: small bites, small portions eaten over a much longer period of time. Plus, & this was a big one for me, eating only until I had enough not until I was full. By the time you feel full, you’ve likely eaten more than your body actually needs.

Check with your dietician about portion sizes & calories if you’re concerned. There are many different plans out there & 1/2 cup for a meal may be perfectly fine at this stage on your plan.

I think relying on real food for your Protein & other nutrients & not just shakes is great. I didn’t do shakes after the liquid stage & felt it helped me learn to make better food choices & put good eating habits in place from almost the beginning.)

It’s a lot of changes & it takes time for you to work out what it all means for you & what works for you. You’ll get there.

Edited by Arabesque

Okay, this is going to sound obvious, but . . . just because you CAN eat more doesn't mean you SHOULD. The surgery is just a tool. The rest is up to you. Don't push it. Stick with small portions.