Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Painkillers

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The pain I am in is not related to my surgery at all, but to cold/ flu - am awaiting a COVID test to rule that out.

I never had any pain post-surgery, so never took anything for pain, whether liquid or tablet . But, I started taking my oral prescription medications as soon as I was discharged from the hospital without any issues.

12 hours ago, Peonie said:

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The pain I am in is not related to my surgery at all, but to cold/ flu - am awaiting a COVID test to rule that out.

Oh, that’s a relief… well except for the possibility of COVID ☹️. Look for acetaminophens: Tylenol, Panadol & paracetamol. Fingers crossed for a negative test result.

Thank you for all of the advice, sadly for me it is COVID - I hadn't thought of crushing up paracetamol and that worked perfectly. My sister in law is also going to drop me off some of the kids Calpol so at least that is liquid. Fingers crossed it doesn't last to long!

Sorry to hear it’s COVID but glad you figured out a way to get some relief. Feel better soon.

I never took painkillers or had an iv pump I was taking 3 Tylenol pils by mouth within hours of surgery at the hospital. I haven’t had any after I he first 24 hours. I was sleeved in 12/22 Fingers. Tossed you feel better and do not take Advil no NASAIDs after surgery ever again for life 

I agree at 7 weeks out I can’t imagine what kind of pain you’re experiencing. I was able to take pills from the 2nd day like many others here.

So looking at the bright side of having covid, it's brought me out of the stall I was having. Every cloud and all that!

I was allowed to take solid capsules 3 weeks out from surgery.

I am a nurse. Go to the ER. You should not be in severe pain 7 weeks post op I have had multiple C sections and major abdominal surgery in the past and my pain was gone or tolerable after 2 weeks.

Anyone take Celebrex after VSG? Not immediately but at some point?

Celebrex is a NSAID so it wouldn’t be allowed. But as I’ve said my surgeon allowed me the odd, single tablet every now & again (like every couple of months) after I was well into maintenance. It’s worth having a chat with your surgeon & see what they recommend.

I took my pain pills about 2 weeks after my sleeve. I tolerate them very well.