Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 5 Post Gastric Sleeve and Struggling

Any advice would be great as they only gave me one nutrition visit and noting post because $300 out of a pocket a session is too much for my budget right now.

I ma 5 weeks post gastric sleeve and struggling with Water intake I hate water I have drank sparkling water for the past 10 years. All the crystal lights and Mio I have tried are to sweet. Also my Protein intake is awful since the surgery any shake I have tried makes me vomit along with everything else lately. And my weight has stayed the same I have lost nothing. So discouraged right now. Starting the gym Monday

I am at 5 weeks too and am quite behind the rest of our group. I can not seem to progress to any soft foods. The only things I can eat are dry crackers, yogurt, and chicken Soup [strained] I have never made it anywhere near my recommended Water intake. Had very few of my Vitamins. I start with nausea and vomiting it continues for days . I finally got a Doctor today after the Christmas break and he has prescribed a GERD tablets so I am hopeful. I am so weak and shaky and have no energy. My only consolation is I am loosing weight. .......

Protein - failed

Water - failed

Vitamins - failed

Lets hope we get on course soon

Any advice would be great as they only gave me one nutrition visit and noting post because $300 out of a pocket a session is too much for my budget right now.
I ma 5 weeks post gastric sleeve and struggling with Water intake I hate Water I have drank sparkling water for the past 10 years. All the crystal lights and Mio I have tried are to sweet. Also my Protein intake is awful since the surgery any shake I have tried makes me vomit along with everything else lately. And my weight has stayed the same I have lost nothing. So discouraged right now. Starting the gym Monday

Let's just start over! Here's a great idea! I've done this with people that hate water. Maybe try making a slushie! Blend your ice with any flavor low sugar . Even the dollar store sells Hawaiian punch flavor sugar free. Eating ice can be easier. Try freezing your Protein smoothie. Make it like a soft serve. If your Protein Powder is lousy that's hard. Get a vanilla flavored one. Freezing makes all the difference. You feel like your eating and yet it's getting your food intake it. It's like a melted frosty. I've been worried case my weight loss has been so slow compared to everyone else. But you can stall right out of the gate. Your body has to get used to everything again. My surgery was Nov 26 and finally lost 18 pounds. But I'm not getting my walks in. My fault I need a new hip. Good luck with the slushie! God bless

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

I ma 5 weeks post gastric sleeve and struggling with Water intake I hate Water I have drank sparkling water for the past 10 years. All the crystal lights and Mio I have tried are to sweet. Also my Protein intake is awful since the surgery any shake I have tried makes me vomit along with everything else lately. And my weight has stayed the same I have lost nothing. So discouraged right now. Starting the gym Monday

Oh also try lemon water or slushie. It's not sweet

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

Try the sugar free gatorade. I tried the blue Glacier Freeze sugar free gatorade and it made a huge difference and I can easily plow down a 24 ounce cup. I drink one in the morning and one at night. In the afternoon I get the remainder of my Water from sipping regular water, drinking chicken or beef broth or from a Protein Shake.

Try mixing the crystal light flavors or mix it with more Water than it calls for. You can test this by just adding more water to half a glass of it so you don’t waste a whole packet.Also if you mix a gallon it takes two packets normally so you can mix two different flavors. I like the fruit punch but it’s too sweet but not sweet enough if I mix with more water so I mix fruit punch packet with the more mild watermelon one that’s Walmart brand and it’s just right. I sound like Goldilocks lol.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Jenn5120, consider that not taking in enough calories/protein AND going to the gym this soon post-op could contribute to a weight loss stall. Have you checked with your nutritionist about going to the gym?

I'm so glad I have found this forum, I am struggling with solids, the food gets stuck in my troat and it makes is hard to eat or drink anything and whats worst is it is painful when it finally goes down. Does anyone know what im talking about. I've been feeling a little lost very much not myself while trying to navagate this diet and eating plan. Sometimes I get so fustrated I just don't eat at all.

Elidh
They only gave me one nut visit pre anything now is $300 each which isn’t in my budget 😩
The surgeon said I can start Monday at the gym
I was unable to tolerate any Vitamins also so I just started the vitamin patches which they recommended so I’m hoping that helps as well
My Water intake and Protein is an issue though

Dont stress to much i had a horrible time of it all just do the best you can,try to drink fluides like hydrolite or sports drinks, eat you Protein first or add tasteless protein powder to your food. It gets easier and better. I thought i was going to die but here i am at 5 months and starting to worry because i can eat way more than i thought i would and i can drink sparkling water/ soft drinks again. Which could be a bad thing (coke addict). Oh with your Water put a splash of something in it be it juice, cordial or whatever it makes the water easier to get down and sits in your tummy better

Edited by SleeverSk

15 hours ago, HaseenS said:

I'm so glad I have found this forum, I am struggling with solids, the food gets stuck in my troat and it makes is hard to eat or drink anything and whats worst is it is painful when it finally goes down. Does anyone know what im talking about. I've been feeling a little lost very much not myself while trying to navagate this diet and eating plan. Sometimes I get so fustrated I just don't eat at all.

HaseenS I know its so hard, Keep going back a step when you cant go forward. I never feel hungry so its easy not to bother eating but I am so weak and wobbly I have to. I reached out to my dietitian and she said try crackers and soft cheese and breadsticks and soft cheese. Strained [ cream of] tinned Soup. Tiny slivers of mature cheese. Yogurts and homemade milk shakes without sugar. Ice pops. My Calories are so low that I dont bother with low fat or fat free. I will sort that when I get onto real foods.