Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just not hungry.

13 weeks sleeve post op. A little Hair loss just began but that's ok.

I am just not hungry. The thought of eating a meal makes me sick to my stomach (literally.)

I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week. sleeping well. Feel fine. But living on greek yogurt and Protein Shakes and applesauce with added collagen. Oh- some fruit and nuts too.

Is this ok or am I developing some eating disorder? Anyone else in the same boat?

Sent from my SM-G977U using BariatricPal mobile app

Most people don't feel hungry after weight loss surgery, for some the hungry feeling comes back sooner than others. Because of our low calorie base though, it is important to eat some meals even if not feeling hungry.

Have you spoken to your surgeon or dietician? If they are happy for you to continue as you are, perhaps speak to a therapist...the thought of eating shouldn't be making you feel sick. Maybe a subconscious concern about eating solid foods hurting or something else perhaps?

Did you try soft foods initially?

On 12/27/2021 at 10:09 PM, Leslie F said:

13 weeks sleeve post op. A little Hair loss just began but that's ok.

I am just not hungry. The thought of eating a meal makes me sick to my stomach (literally.)

I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week. sleeping well. Feel fine. But living on greek yogurt and Protein Shakes and applesauce with added collagen. Oh- some fruit and nuts too.

Is this ok or am I developing some eating disorder? Anyone else in the same boat?

Sent from my SM-G977U using BariatricPal mobile app

Your body has reset its hunger signals. That's a WONDERFUL thing! Embrace it.

I've got the same. Your doc should prescribe anti nausea pills. He added anti nausea Patches too. You can't go on that way.

I didn’t really feel hungry or interested in food for ages, well into my second year. Then I had odd days or times I didn’t feel hungry. Now I feel hungry every day - how I wish for the old days. Life was much easier then.

Even though I wasn’t hungry, I still made sure I ate & found eating to a routine extremely helpful. I also made sure I was eating a variety of foods to ensure I was getting in all my nutrients. Yes my tummy could be very fussy, but I worked out the meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, dairy & fruit it liked & slowly added more options. This also established how I tend to look at food now - as a source of the nutrients my body needs to function.

Have a chat with your dietician & start trying to eat real food. Don’t try something once & give up on it because your tummy revolts. Try it again next week. Try simple, more bland food to begin then add the spices, etc. you enjoy as you’re able.

Good luck.

My Dr told me set an alarm I’m to eat 6 small meals a day around 200 calories. Honestly I just turn the alarm off and finish what I’m doing 1/2 the time I forget until the next alarm goes off. I’m lucky to hit 700 calories a day but I’m only 4 weeks post op. Take some hair and nail Vitamins I had someone who had VSG tell me that and she didn’t loose very much like not even noticeable. food is yucky to me too but I know my body needs nutrition. Good on the weight loss! Hope you can find something you like!