Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 12/17/2021 at 17:34, FutureSylph said:

Just in case you didn't know this -- the Premier Protein cafe latte flavor pre-made shake contains caffeine, but the powder doesn't. It might be worth trying the powder to see if you tolerate that better.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. It made me so sick. I didn’t even think about it containing caffeine. Lesson learned. Thanks for the tip on the power. 💛💛💛💛

Pre-op, I was never a breakfast-eater: I started each day with a Protein Shake for years (an Atkins one with only 15g of protein). Surgery was 29 days ago and I transitioned from liquids to soft foods a week ago, and at first I was eating breakfast every day: I'd have an egg and/or a little oatmeal. It always went down fine, but I'd follow it with a Protein shake and then I found that it was really hard to get my hydration in. A few days ago I started just having the protein shake for breakfast, and hydration has become much easier. My nutritionist probably wouldn't be happy if she knew, but this seems to be what's working for me. For now. :)

Hi everyone,
Had my gastric bypass surgery December 7th. Today I'm 3 weeks post op. Starting weight was 285 today I'm 263. I can't tolerate anything. Everything makes me sick to my stomach except saltine crackers.... my whey Protein isolate shakes. I tried adding yogurt, almond butter, bananas to give it flavor, but I can only take a couple of sips before I start feeling sick.I have little to no energy...I take ALL my vitamins; I drink as much Water as I can..it makes me nauseous.I have my follow up apt. December 28th I'm looking forward to getting answers to help with the situation.
Continue success to us all
Happy New Year

Sent from my SM-F711U using BariatricPal mobile app

@BirdLady21

I had my bypass the same day as you, on Dec 7th, im 3 weeks pot-op today as well.

My problem is i can eat almost anything. I am refraining, but wish i would have a hard time.

I have lost 38 pounds in the 3 weeks, i eat a meal every 2-3 hours.

Today for breakfast was 59 cal yogurt, with 1 smashed avocado and small bag of 120 calorie Protein crackers that I bought on bariatricpal.

But then 3 hours later, 2 eggs and 1 percent cottage cheese, like 4 ounces worth.

I feel like im eating too much, but my stomach is not bothering me at all, and i lost the 38 pounds in 3 weeks which is more than 10% of my body weight.

Am I doing something wrong??

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, Healthy4longerlife said:

@BirdLady21

I had my bypass the same day as you, on Dec 7th, im 3 weeks pot-op today as well.

My problem is i can eat almost anything. I am refraining, but wish i would have a hard time.

I have lost 38 pounds in the 3 weeks, i eat a meal every 2-3 hours.

Today for Breakfast was 59 cal yogurt, with 1 smashed avocado and small bag of 120 calorie Protein crackers that I bought on bariatricpal.

But then 3 hours later, 2 eggs and 1 percent cottage cheese, like 4 ounces worth.

I feel like im eating too much, but my stomach is not bothering me at all, and i lost the 38 pounds in 3 weeks which is more than 10% of my body weight.

Am I doing something wrong??

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I have been able to eat more than I was expected to at any given phase and I was worried I was doing something wrong. The NP said that the ideal is to get close to a normal serving (possibly a little less for some) at some point without eating past full and that some people get there faster than others. I measured my food so that I was eating what was expected at the earlier stages and now at almost 9 months I stop just shy of one serving. I have lost slowly but steadily and am now 9 pounds from goal. Just stick to the plan and your weight should come off.