Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week post op and 1 day.

Thought this was gonna be easy for some reason , but nope 👎. 2 days in and acid reflux, chest pain, shortness of breath that by the 4th day I’m at the ER crying 😢. Well in pain anyway. ECG, aspirin, Tylenol and Mylanta given. Heart if fine - no heart attack for me which I knew. Doc just had lamb done and wicked acid reflux. Doc sends me for chest X-ray. As l stand to take chest x-rays I start to heave like I’m gonna hurl at any moment, but instead of vomiting it’s gas - 3 big beltches before x-ray. Pain level decreases a few notches. X-ray show’s gas - a lot of gas in area, starts me on PPIs and sends me home. ER for a gas attack 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️. Anyway went to my doctor yesterday and medication to continue to treat acid reflux and week off of work to recover. Spoke to my surgeon today, told him everything and he was like ok - this weekend you can start soft diet. Dude I hardly been drinking any thing now 😂. So anyway the past 2 days have been better and can drink more without splashback so hopefully I can start soft foods next week. This is my story so far, hopefully the rest will be successfully boring 😁. I am sorry for typos and big spaces but it seems my screen is black so I can’t see the words I’m typing other than the emojis. All the best.

it's pretty standard for surgeons to prescribe PPI's for awhile after surgery. I had them for a year - but three-six months seems more common now (probably because of the bad rap long-term PPI use has gotten the last few years).

so you just now got a lapband? Or did you have one before and this was a revision surgery? I was just a little surprised because that very few surgeons place lapbands any more - it's been largely replaced by the sleeve (as the non-RNY option)

1st lap band, my surgeon came in and said all went well, you can go home, you’re eating Soup for next 3 weeks and walk a lot. No take home meds. Review in a week. Yeah I think Doc not too interested. Sorted it out with my GP.

I think we went with the lap band as I’m just over BMI 30s, thin legs and arms but hold all my weight in the middle with fatty liver and diabetes so as I only have like 60-65lbs to lose lap band seemed good option.

I’m 5 weeks post op. I’m dealing with acid reflux, nausea and gas pains. It really tough. The nausea is the worst one deal with cause I’m only able to drink Water, Gatorade2, Pedialyte and chicken broth. Today I had wicked gas pains and nausea. My doctor called in a prescription for Zofran and I can take 1 Alka-Seltzer antacid Heartburn relief chews. I’m hoping this will help me. My doctor did remind me that some of the nausea is related to me recovering from the rectus sheath hematoma which happened around 7 to 12 days after my surgery.

Hopefully with the medication now it will help. The medication is working for me. I can drink smoothies now with no ill effects now.