Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do non-cooks eat in the 4th month?

I will have to look for these P3 packs. Thanks!

I assume you do some cooking?
If you roast chicken then divide it into 4 oz portions you will have a lot of options. I found G Hughes sugar free sauces - many different flavors including bbq, Polynesian, teriyaki, honey mustard - shred the chicken and add 2 tablespoons of a sauce. Microwave some green Beans or broccoli or cauliflower with it or grab an apple or strawberries.
I also use balsamic dressing Italian dressing, or Catalina dressing on chicken with a cheese stick and a few cherub grape tomatoes. The same can be done with a piece of steak or ground meat.
Tomato sauce and cheese on chicken or ground meat also works well.

I eat lots of cheese, cold cuts, etc. Lots of high Protein foods that don't require cooking. Mexican food is great without rice, chips, and tortillas. Think fajitas or something like that. I order burgers without Buns, with slaw for a side. Walmart rotisserie chickens are great. Any take out minus the carbs will work. Keep whatever fresh vegetables you like in the refrigerator also. I eat cucumbers for a snack quite often. If you like sardines, they are great protein. tuna as well.

Keep up the good work!

How about the rotisserie chickens? I know you don’t cook but you can get a crock pot and put one of those in it with some chicken broth an veggies and have some Soup or eat the chicken itself I get one (and I love to cook) and I’ll slice it up and toss some fajita seasoning on it in a skillet with some onions and bells peppers my husband and kids love it on tortillas. Also in my grocery store I can get a roast with all the veggies cut up and I  just dump it in a crockpot I think if you don’t cook at all it will be hard to stay on track - at least for me it would be. Maybe try taking a free community cooking class - who knows you may find you love to cook! I buy from costco if you don’t have one see if there is a Sam’s club they have a lot of good stuff too  Good luck!

Thank you everyone for great suggestions. Appreciate all the ideas.

I am not a big cook either so I cut down calories at Breakfast and lunch so I have more options at dinner. I have a Protein Shake for breakfast and a P3 Protein pack for lunch then I can have like 500 calorie dinner. Your will be less at 600 calories but you likely get full on smaller portions that I do. I have to measure my portions because I do not feel full unless I eat more than I should be able to. My protein shake is 160 cal and the P3 is 170 cal. I also have a couple 100 cal Snacks and end up eating around 1000 cal but I may have to cut that as my weight loss has slow down to a crawl. I buy the quiche at Walmart and use the slicer to make sure I get exact portions and it is 300 calories if you like quiche. You have to heat it in the oven though or otherwise it’s soggy. I also buy the frozen fish fillets and have those. Otherwise my husband will cook like chicken kebabs or I will have frozen burritos. I honestly don’t have a huge variety right now trying to stay in the weight loss parameters so I am looking forward to all the advice that you receive as well.

Edited by ShoppGirl

When I’m on the go I have chick fil a grilled nuggets with buffalo sauce, 8 mixed nuts, blackened chicken tenders from Popeyes, boiled egg with hot sauce, fruit cup, plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with seasoning, steamed chicken and vegetables from a Chinese Carryout, slices of ham wrapped around a cheese stick, or mashed black Beans with cheese. I usually have a cooler bag with me so I can save the leftovers. I also pack a Protein Water or shake. I haven’t started regular food yet.

I still dislike cooking despite my handle. An one point I broke down and ordered Omaha meats because they are individually wrapped and I don’t have to touch the raw meat too much lol! Now I buy from the butcher section and slow cook on the weekends.

I do enjoy meal prepping for 3-4 days ahead. I like the Boar’s Head deli meats because they are fresh and have no milk to bind the meats (major lactose intolerance). I also roast veggies in the oven for winter prep. Or you can use the Green Giant steamer veggies in the microwave. In summer I eat veggies raw. Epic venison or Buffalo strips are handy. I can boil low fat sausage quickly. Breakfast is now eggs with cheese to get 20 grams of Protein, microwave it in a paper bowl for speed if you need. I like seaweed Snacks too!

I eat a lot of prepackaged stuff out of convenience for portion control- individual beef Jerky packs, tuna pouches, Greek yogurt with a small amount of frozen berries (I buy the big bags and portion them as I need them), prepackaged individual salads, precut veggies or veggie trays, cheese cubes or cracker cut cheese slices, 100 calorie packs of almonds, and cottage cheese are all staples for me.

Very helpful list, Thanks And amazing weight loss!

Edited by Amy Braun

On 12/2/2021 at 10:58 AM, Amy Braun said:

Hey folks, My surgery was on September 1, and I've lost 58 lbs including the 15 I lost on pre-op diet. But I am really running out of anything to eat to keep up my interest in food and my Protein grams. I'm so tired of never having anything good to eat, I'm afraid I will just snap soon. I'm not a recipe collector and I hate to cook. Other than Protein Bars and shakes which I am so getting tired of, what are or were you eating in your forth month? I've been limited to 600 calories, because I only get about 30 minutes of exercise a day. I need some ideas. other than laughing cow cheese and the usual meats. I'm dreaming of Arby's beef and cheddar and pizza! Thanks

I am hearing you !!! My friend said go on pintest which i did I got so inspired lots of yummies but sadly i haven't been motivated enough to cook any yet. But I do this for work I call it roast beef sushi 😁. Get some sliced deli meat my go to is roast beef, cut carrot, cucumber, capsicum and celery into sticks. Get some cream cheese ( light of course 😉) spread on the beef and then add something like mustard or whatever you prefer. Then get one of each of the veggie sticks put at one end of the beef and roll it up 😃 roast beef sushi !! At about 14 weeks I could eat 2 and a bit for lunch. But yes its hard I havent had lunch yet today and racking my brain what to have for dinner tonight. Do you have anyone to cook for? I wish i did or someone to cook for me 🤣🤣

Edited by SleeverSk

On 12/2/2021 at 10:57 PM, Amy Braun said:

Thank you waterwoman. That's encouraging for the longer term. Thanks everyone for your ideas. I'll be looking for pasta-free, healthy microwaveable lunches.

I dont know if you have these over there but here we have kids sized frozen meals. I had a few of those perfect size and nice and soft

6 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

I am hearing you !!! My friend said go on pintest which i did I got so inspired lots of yummies but sadly i haven't been motivated enough to cook any yet. But I do this for work I call it roast beef sushi 😁. Get some sliced deli meat my go to is roast beef, cut carrot, cucumber, capsicum and celery into sticks. Get some cream cheese ( light of course 😉) spread on the beef and then add something like mustard or whatever you prefer. Then get one of each of the veggie sticks put at one end of the beef and roll it up 😃 roast beef sushi !! At about 14 weeks I could eat 2 and a bit for lunch. But yes its hard I havent had lunch yet today and racking my brain what to have for dinner tonight. Do you have anyone to cook for? I wish i did or someone to cook for me 🤣🤣

I should be cooking for my husband, who is not on any weight loss plan (but should be!)), but I'm rarely able to figure that out. It is a lot of hard decisions about what to eat. I have some good ideas from this post. I have an added problem of not enjoying many foods people suggest, not sure how to change that. Thank you so much for your reply.

Edited by Amy Braun

14 hours ago, OutdoorsGirl said:

When I’m on the go I have chick fil a grilled nuggets with buffalo sauce, 8 mixed nuts, blackened chicken tenders from Popeyes, boiled egg with hot sauce, fruit cup, plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with seasoning, steamed chicken and vegetables from a Chinese Carryout, slices of ham wrapped around a cheese stick, or mashed black Beans with cheese. I usually have a cooler bag with me so I can save the leftovers. I also pack a Protein Water or shake. I haven’t started regular food yet.

Thank you OutdoorGirl!

2 hours ago, Amy Braun said:

I should be cooking for my husband, who is not on any weight loss plan (but should be!)), but I'm rarely able to figure that out. It is a lot of hard decisions about what to eat. I have some good ideas from this post. I have an added problem of not enjoying many foods people suggest, not sure how to change that. Thank you so much for your reply.

Amy, why not just bite the bullet and learn how to cook? For the sake of your own health and that of your also overweight husband... Many recipes are very simple. My brother insisted he couldn't cook until he was retired and how he's producing beautifully plated simple gourmet meals. It can be done!

Here is one more cookbook which may be less daunting than the others I suggested (not that those recipes were terribly difficult either): The Easy 5-Ingredient Bariatric Cookbook, "100 post surgery recipes for lifelong health", by Megan Wolf. Most of the recipes can be made in 15-20 minutes. Both you and your husband can eat the same meals; you don't have to fix separate things for him. It wouldn't hurt to engage him in the cooking process, too!

73863448_5Ingredient.png.6540303a84393b46e14487c1ef58d01f.png567509768_ScreenShot2021-12-05at10_35_23AM.png.a0191d1d18b2b618aecc18f17a15b4ad.png