Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lack of WLS buddies?

Hi, I'm 3 weeks post-op (Mini gastric bypass) and I'm in need of some WLS buddies. I have a couple very supportive people and a handful of generally supportive people in my corner but I still feel pretty alone in this.

My friends are happy when I'm excited about something and generally sympathetic at some of my struggles but it's not the same as someone who has or is going through it ya know? Someone who could be just as excited as I am when reintroducing a food back into your diet (today was cheese!!!!!) or someone who can understand when you talk about going from being hungry All The Time to now looking at the time and being like oh **** I need to eat!

The support group in my area/through my surgeons office meets twice a month and I haven't had a chance to attend a meeting. And I searched on here to see if there was a chat room or discord server or something with no luck.

Anyone else feeling like this?

This is a great idea! 

A zoom group sounds great! I did attend the zoom support group my surgeons office provides and it was more informative than supportive.

I would also be very happy for a whatsapp group. it would be an easy way to constantly give each other encouragement and help each other with struggles.

I would love to be able to join a group like this, need some help. I think WhatsApp would be a great idea.

Has anything come of this? I would definitely be interested as well. Maybe we can create our own group. Discord, WhatsApp? Zoom?

There is a zoom group with MyLevel10Life. They are just switching from Facebook to some other platform for the group itself, but I find it really helpful! It meets twice a week.

On 01/10/2022 at 13:10, lizonaplane said:

There is a zoom group with MyLevel10Life. They are just switching from Facebook to some other platform for the group itself, but I find it really helpful! It meets twice a week.

Awesome! I’ve been waiting to join her group until I was a little closer to surgery since it is a little costly. But I didn’t realize they were doing zoom meetings. I will go ahead and join up. Thanks so much!

29 minutes ago, Donna Suz said:

Awesome! I’ve been waiting to join her group until I was a little closer to surgery since it is a little costly. But I didn’t realize they were doing zoom meetings. I will go ahead and join up. Thanks so much!

I'm not sure what the situation is now with the transition to "mighty spaces". Those of us who were on the Facebook group previous are waiting for their invitations to the new site; some people have received their invites but I have not yet.

If you check out some of Erin's YouTube or Amazon videos, she may have more info!