Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh gosh, ClaireLynn, hope they can determine what’s causing this. Best wishes, and let us know!

4 hours ago, ClareLynn said:

Well I’m back to having trouble swallowing and have an upper gi tomorrow morning. I hoe they see something that they can fix! 🤞

oh dear thats no good hopefully they do find out what it is and can fix it, but if not could it be stress?

I don’t think it’s stress, I have been taking it easy post surgery and don’t feel stressed? Just tired of the constant disphagia.

I had existing problems with my esophagus, throat and voice going in due to a hiatal hernia. They didn’t fix it during the surgery (said they didn’t see it… which well what can you do at this point?) I’ve had the hernia for over 6 years on multiple endoscopies.

I’ll just wait and see what the GI shows and hope it’s a stricture that they can dilate or something. I would hate to have to go through this again with a follow up hernia surgery. 🤞

6 hours ago, ClareLynn said:

I don’t think it’s stress, I have been taking it easy post surgery and don’t feel stressed? Just tired of the constant disphagia.

I had existing problems with my esophagus, throat and voice going in due to a hiatal hernia. They didn’t fix it during the surgery (said they didn’t see it… which well what can you do at this point?) I’ve had the hernia for over 6 years on multiple endoscopies.

I’ll just wait and see what the GI shows and hope it’s a stricture that they can dilate or something. I would hate to have to go through this again with a follow up hernia surgery. 🤞

Sometimes we dont feel stressed but are, but i was going ask about a hernia but thought because you were so fresh out of surgery surely they would have seen and fixed it. Maybe you have a sliding hernia? Another thing i was going to ask just because i did it myself today are you separating food and drink ? I didnt tonight and boy it feels awful like something stuck and waiting for it to go down. Just a thought,

12/31/2021 02:46 AM, SleeverSk said:

Sometimes we dont feel stressed but are, but i was going ask about a hernia but thought because you were so fresh out of surgery surely they would have seen and fixed it. Maybe you have a sliding hernia? Another thing i was going to ask just because i did it myself today are you separating food and drink ? I didnt tonight and boy it feels awful like something stuck and waiting for it to go down. Just a thought,

I have a pre-existing sliding hiatal hernia since 2016. They did not fix it during my surgery like they said they would unfortunately. So it’s still there causing symptoms.

I’m not sure how to more clearly say I’m not stressed? If it’s magic hidden stress that even I don’t know about I don’t think there’s much I can do about it anyway. 😄

I do separate my eating and drinking. I only take the same ridiculously small sips since the surgery, otherwise it backs up into my throat.

I sure hope the answer is found from the upper gi I just did since otherwise, it’s not clear why this is my fault and what I’m doing wrong…

Wow, you have dealt with a lot since your surgery. It must have been so scary and stressful. It sounds like your starting to get the care you need. I'm so glad for you. Keep us posted.

I Hope they find answers but from what you said it certainly sounds like your sliding hernia is the issue. hope they resolve it for you soon. sorry if I offended you with my suggestion as to what could be causing it only trying to help .sending best wishes. Happy Year New !!🎉

Edited by SleeverSk

The swallow test showed my little hernia buddy again, which is slowing down how quickly things move into my stomach and is causing a backup. So it's not exactly normal for it to back up but he thinks it will get better as I heal over another few months.

I chatted with the surgeon about when my throat backs up and he wants me to take a lot longer between sips, minutes, and don't even try to get in 64oz a day. He said he doesn't expect someone even 3 months out to get that much Water and trying to hit the goal just won't work until things loosen up in there I guess.

I loooove that my surgeon and dietician say completely different things. I'm going with what the surgeon says and just eat/drink whatever fits down the hatch easily without trying to hit these goals. She was really riding me hard about not getting 64oz an 80g of Protein and doing whatever it took to cram it in.

I had my 6 week checkup with the surgeon. He said that if the hernia is still bothering me at the 6 month mark he will go back in and fix it. He's hoping that once the swelling goes down more it will cause fewer problems. It's such a small hernia I'm surprised it is so troublesome!

Since I guess I just love trouble, I'm having an ultrasound of my gallbladder next week to see if it needs to be removed. Fingers crossed that it stops hurting and behaves! 😂

He reassured me that I don't have to try to eat/drink as much as the dietician keeps telling me which is a big relief. With everything going on in my insides, I am seriously not hungry and eating is very uncomfortable.

Turns out I have gallbladder sludge? Gross. Next up is a HIDA scan to see how my gallbladder is doing.

It's been over 3 weeks with constant pain from this, so I want some resolution but also... I really don't want another surgery! So far my attempt to return back to work isn't going so well because I feel so sick all the time.

Thank god I'm working from home so no one can see me with my heating heating pads hunched over typing. 😅

I am so sorry you're going through this; I had different issues but was in an out of the ER and hospital for a couple months and it gets so exhausting and demoralizing--I felt like I had crossed the line between "losing weight" and "wasting away". I was so tired and depleted. I hope they're able to figure out a solution that helps you feel better and end the pain and suffering you're experiencing. I'm rooting for you; stay strong!

I’m at the hospital and I guess there is a shortage of the radioactive stuff. The test is being delayed while they wait for it. Though I’m hanging out in the waiting room so I can still have the test today.

Also the cck is in short supply lately so even though my order says HIDA scan with CCK they are going to give me half and half instead to simulate a fatty meal.

I’m not even sure I can drink 8oz of milk stuff in time for the test (5min). I’m lactose intolerant and can’t even drink that much Water in an 30 minutes.

We will see what happens!