Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my original RNY in 2010. Lost 120 lbs. In the past 12 years I have had a baby, my parents moved in with me and my weak ankle and flat foot got progressively worse until I was limited to swimming and yoga for exercise. I gained 60 lbs back and my gastric reflex was getting bad. I had an upper GI and found 1. Hiatal hernia (rare for RNY) and my pouch was 3x the size my surgeon would like and my stomach 2x. He said that it is partially due to stretching and partially that my original surgeon made it bigger than he would have in the first place.

Revision in 3 weeks. I’m a little nervous because last time I was able to lay around on the couch for 3 weeks post op and “eat” all my “meals” alone. Now I have a very active 7 year old and a family that likes to have family dinners together.

Any other RNY to RNY revisions?

I also will be having RNY revision very soon, but my original RNY was done 30 years ago. Over 10 years I regained all I had lost. Both my pouch and anastomasis stretched. We won't lose as much following revision, but It will get us closer to "normal" BMI. There has been much progress in the technique and protocol since even 2010 so I'm optimistic.

Edited by Sunnyway

Wishing you both every success. I know it is easy to get down about a revision not working as well as the original but I dug into a bunch of scientific articles and most say the average person loses 10-15% less than the original weight loss surgery. I know when I had my gastric sleeve in 2012, I lost too much weight so I am hoping my revision to RNY just gets me within10 lbs of goal and helps my acid reflux. II'm having my revision 12/2/21 and keep you both in my thoughts.

I did an RNY revision to distal rny. I am 2.5 months out and was 266 two week before my surgery and today I was 216.4 (weight in the afternoon after eating). I have a toddler so not picking at her leftovers was an issue but the longer you stick with it the better it is! Also, you learn from your previous mistakes with your last surgery. I felt terrible after my first surgery but I’m taking my Vitamins diligently and eating good and I’m so glad I did it! I’m going to start going to the gym soon too 🙂

16 minutes ago, elp93 said:

266 two week before my surgery and today I was 216.4 (weight in the afternoon after eating)

I'm at 266 right now, pre-surgery. I'm optimistic having read your status at 2.5 months. :) I'm hoping to break 200 after the revision. I haven't seen "onederland" since college. I dare not even dream of a lower target weight.

I have done so well pre-surgery that people are asking why I want to go ahead with the revision. I was stalled for 10 weeks and thought I had bottomed out. However, this week I have just dropped a few pounds. I still don't have a surgery date, but that may be due to the rise in COVID cases In my area.

29 minutes ago, elp93 said:

I did an RNY revision to distal rny. I am 2.5 months out and was 266 two week before my surgery and today I was 216.4 (weight in the afternoon after eating). I have a toddler so not picking at her leftovers was an issue but the longer you stick with it the better it is! Also, you learn from your previous mistakes with your last surgery. I felt terrible after my first surgery but I’m taking my Vitamins diligently and eating good and I’m so glad I did it! I’m going to start going to the gym soon too 🙂

You are giving me courage. I hoping not to lose so much darn hair this time. First time was vary traumatic.

I did an RNY revision to distal rny. I am 2.5 months out and was 266 two week before my surgery and today I was 216.4 (weight in the afternoon after eating). I have a toddler so not picking at her leftovers was an issue but the longer you stick with it the better it is! Also, you learn from your previous mistakes with your last surgery. I felt terrible after my first surgery but I’m taking my Vitamins diligently and eating good and I’m so glad I did it! I’m going to start going to the gym soon too [emoji846]
Hi can you update how your progress is going? Have you had any complications?

Sent from my SM-F926U using BariatricPal mobile app