Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery buddies



Recommended Posts

My Sleeve surgery is scheduled for 1/24/22 and I was very excited about it until this past Monday. Almost haveing second thoughts. My pre surgical diet is shakes small fruit and Protein and veggies for lunch shake for dinner. All liquids day before. I’m down 13 lbs already from 278 to 265 why am I so nervous? Did anyone else have second thought????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dcsjoc said:

My Sleeve surgery is scheduled for 1/24/22 and I was very excited about it until this past Monday. Almost haveing second thoughts. My pre surgical diet is shakes small fruit and Protein and veggies for lunch shake for dinner. All liquids day before. I’m down 13 lbs already from 278 to 265 why am I so nervous? Did anyone else have second thought????

Hi Dcsjoc, I myself just had the sleeve surgery on 1/13/22, and I can tell you the days just prior, I was feeling second thoughts. Mine I think was a mixture of two things. One was I have already been doing great losing weight on the pre-surgery diet so maybe I don't need to do it, and the second was the feeling of loss, anger, and frustration over all the things that I will no longer be able to eat and also the amounts. I realized that both (in my case) are due to fear and control. Fear of losing comfort and wanting to control everything. I have to keep reminding myself that I did not in fact have control and to keep out of fear I have to stay in the moment and not let my head think about results and the future. I have to stay in the process and simply take it step by step. Now that I am on the post-surgery diet it's funny how much I miss the Protein Shakes. The message boards/forums here on this site have helped me so much. I hope the same for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,
What's ur post op diet like?


Sent from my SM-A307FN using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is the day..... my feelings are all over the place. [emoji2958][emoji19][emoji12][emoji5]

Sent from my SM-A307FN using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery date is tomorrow morning 1/20/22. I’m nervous and excited all at once
Mine is 2 today all the best

Sent from my SM-A307FN using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SKYEROSE said:

Mine is 2 today all the best

Sent from my SM-A307FN using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck to you both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SKYEROSE said:

Today is the day..... my feelings are all over the place.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations, you got this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! Scheduled for VSG on Monday and I have a question for those of you that have already had surgery. I am located in the Czech Republic and things are a little different here. I will be given IV fluids only the first couple of days. No oral intake until two days after surgery. I read how everyone wakes up so thirsty and with a sore or dry throat from being intubated. Was it bearable if you weren’t going to be allowed to drink anything? I mean, I’m doing it either way and hopefully the team at my hospital will have some suggestions for me, but I’m not excited to go through such an annoying feeling with no ability to help it. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 6:03 AM, pretty_little_loser said:

Hey everyone! Scheduled for VSG on Monday and I have a question for those of you that have already had surgery. I am located in the Czech Republic and things are a little different here. I will be given IV fluids only the first couple of days. No oral intake until two days after surgery. I read how everyone wakes up so thirsty and with a sore or dry throat from being intubated. Was it bearable if you weren’t going to be allowed to drink anything? I mean, I’m doing it either way and hopefully the team at my hospital will have some suggestions for me, but I’m not excited to go through such an annoying feeling with no ability to help it. LOL

Hi I’m 4 days post op. Yes, you are thirsty and dry. The iv helps with thirst. I used some dry mouth mouthwash to swish and a spray that I didn’t swallow. My throat did hurt so I did gargle with Water a lot right after surgery but I made sure not to swallow anything. Hth good luck with your surgery and congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skyelle said:

Hi I’m 4 days post op. Yes, you are thirsty and dry. The iv helps with thirst. I used some dry mouth mouthwash to swish and a spray that I didn’t swallow. My throat did hurt so I did gargle with Water a lot right after surgery but I made sure not to swallow anything. Hth good luck with your surgery and congratulations!

They have these sponge things they call lollipops that they can soak in Water and give you. I did not get them personally but my grandma has a hernia and couldn’t have water and she got them and ice chips. Also, chapstick comes in handy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, PinkxSunshine86 said:

I had mine the 19th!

Congratulations 🎉 wishing you fast healing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      To working out faithfully for 5 days a week. Lets go back to that year with a more positive mind, 
       
      SKINNY SZN HERE WE COME!!!!
       
      It's Saturday!!! My fiance and I are out doing yard work and I made the mistake of not staying hydrated before going out so now my body is shaking and weak. I have my pre-op appointment Tuesday, the 2nd and I am trying my hardest to lose another 2 lbs by then. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jenuinelygenuinely

      Hi guys!!!
      Here is my big boy Zuko and daddy. My Great Dane/Shepherd. He was our first pup that we rescued from the Humane Society. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SimplySleevedCece

      Looking for new sleeve buddies! I’m 1.5 weeks post op and things seem to be getting a little difficult! I actually WANT food again eghh! Honestly, I feel like you don’t truly understand this process unless you go through it! Don’t be shy, say hello and let’s support each other during this journey 🙂
      · 1 reply
      1. jenuinelygenuinely

        You got this!! When I had the sleeve I cried every day during the liquid phase, It was during the super-bowl! I was sooo hungry I sucked on a piece of pork rind. LOL

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      A daily dose of my youngest fur boy Ozai
       
      My blue eyed Husky/Malamute

      · 2 replies
      1. SHORTY_

        Makes me wanna 'boop' it

      2. SimplySleevedCece

        😍 Aww look at his wittle teeef!

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      Meet my fur baby Azula. She is a German Shepherd/Red Heeler mix! My fiance and I rescued her on a road trip to Colorado in 2017. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×