Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery buddies

I had sleeve surgery yesterday. I am having terrible body soreness in my calves, inner thighs, back & neck. I feel like I did an insane workout and can’t move from it. I’ve been walking around every hour, but am still super sore. Anyone else?

I had my sleeve done on Thursday 1/6 and I barely came home now. No major pain but very nauseous 🥺

Hey everybody! I’m on day 6 of pre op diet it’s a struggle and can’t believe I made it this far. I’m not doing a good job with Water though. How is everyone doing in pre op?

I’m on day 7 and I am doing ok. I’m not fighting hunger as much. I’m doing horrible with my Water. I’m drinking probably 2-3 bottles a day vs. my 5 a day. My issue is the stomach aches and headaches. I’m also very tired. I try to do stuff when I have the burst of energy.

Hi everyone I am in Aus and just came across this page. I am sorry to hear peoples operations are getting cancelled. Mine was booked Jan 6th and while I was in admissions they were saying as of the 7th elective surgeries were getting postponed so I was so lucky. I had the gastric bypass and It’s now the 11th here so almost a week later and I’m only just starting to feel more awake and mobile now. For the first few days I was knocked out with all the medications I think. I hope everyone is doing well in their recoveries. And for anyone on their shake diet - you can do this, I lost 11kg on mine!

Edited by Dylan94

On 1/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, Tysheena84 said:

I’m on day 7 and I am doing ok. I’m not fighting hunger as much. I’m doing horrible with my Water. I’m drinking probably 2-3 bottles a day vs. my 5 a day. My issue is the stomach aches and headaches. I’m also very tired. I try to do stuff when I have the burst of energy.

Sorry to hear about the stomach aches and headaches. I discovered this past week stevia gives me headaches. I’m surprised I’m not as hungry anymore. I think after day 3. My stomach is like too much liquid when it comes time for Water. I hope you feel better soon.

Honestly, not that bad. I just make sure I have enough stuff to “eat” and I’m ok. Most of the time I’m so busy that I don’t think about eating. My only thing is fatigue. I am super tired all the time.

5 hours ago, jensgettinghealthy said:

@honey10604 @brinidiva @tysheena84 and others, how terrible was the pre-surgery diet while working? I get really shaky & light headed when I am hungry and that makes me afraid! thank you!

It is hard for me maybe it’s just me but I have always been the type if I don’t eat a little something but I get busy doing things like housework or running to stores I’m fine then it hits me like a ton of bricks no warning and I begin to get sick then I get a headache that sometimes turns to Migraines. So I haven’t followed the pre liquid to a T if I am being honest but I try to stay on track. A bit of advise for anyone if you use caffeine on the regular even if it’s just 1 cup of coffee a day which that was me,wean yourself off like go to half Decaf before you cut it out completely. I tried to go cold turkey and I had the worst headache for a couple of days and no pain meds worked. So learn from my error . I thought because I didn’t drink a lot of it I could just stop but my body said another thing. It does get better the more time that passes for it’s not even craving or wanting to eat something it’s more about keeping the sick feeling away. and I don’t have much energy but I get through work and completing the things I need 2. For anyone who thinks us having the surgery is the easy way out. THAT IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH 😂

You can say that again!!!! This is work forever. I too get sick a lot. I know it’s because I’m not eating a lot. I’m at work now and I ate some Jello. I’m ok for now, but I’m fighting back the sleep. The clock is not moving fast enough for me.

You can say that again!!!! This is work forever. I too get sick a lot. I know it’s because I’m not eating a lot. I’m at work now and I ate some Jello. I’m ok for now, but I’m fighting back the sleep. The clock is not moving fast enough for me.