Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery buddies

On 1/20/2022 at 8:54 AM, SKYEROSE said:

Mine is 2 today all the best

Sent from my SM-A307FN using BariatricPal mobile app

How are you feeling/doing after surgery???

37 minutes ago, Skyelle said:

Congratulations 🎉 wishing you fast healing!

Thank you!!! How is your journey going so far?

1 hour ago, Dcsjoc said:

Thank you!!! How is your journey going so far?

Everything is going okay. I miss chewing though🥺 getting in my Water is a struggle. I can only drink warm lemon water. I’m up to 5 cups. I hate all my Protein Shakes now. I found I can take Fairlife 1% plus GENEPRO unflavored Protein Powder with only a little issue. I’m happy overall though. How are you doing?

2 hours ago, Skyelle said:

Everything is going okay. I miss chewing though🥺 getting in my Water is a struggle. I can only drink warm lemon Water. I’m up to 5 cups. I hate all my Protein Shakes now. I found I can take Fairlife 1% plus GENEPRO unflavored Protein Powder with only a little issue. I’m happy overall though. How are you doing?

Monday is the big day. I’ve been up and down all week.

I hear you. Congrats on day 2! I am on day 4 and I 100% understand. Everyone around me is talking either about what to eat next or how good something was. It's all good you got this!

Am 3 days post op and the pain when I try getting my liquid in is crazy, how do u do it, wats ur daily intake like?

Like I want to ask myself why did I do this?

Okay. My surgery was yesterday. Going home soon. I have incision site pain on my right- where the two stitches in my muscle are. Took forever to be able to urinate on my own- started to scare me even but now everything is well in that area. Kinda questioning wtf did I just do to my self tho.

3 minutes ago, jaymecaye said:

Okay. My surgery was yesterday. Going home soon. I have incision site pain on my right- where the two stitches in my muscle are. Took forever to be able to urinate on my own- started to scare me even but now everything is well in that area. Kinda questioning wtf did I just do to my self tho.

you will be fine. the pain will go away soon

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. I go in tomorrow.

23 hours ago, Dcsjoc said:

Monday is the big day. I’ve been up and down all week.

Tomorrow is your day! Believe in your decision and remember you got this!!

I am postop day 6 and I’ve been achy. I am on a full liquid diet now. I will be on it for a week. Today has been rough. I’ve been very emotional and have been doing a little too much today. I know it will get better. Everyone who’s going through it keep pushing forward.

Okay- so I was sleeved on Saturday it’s now Tuesday. My back is aching on my right side- maybe some gas stuck? I’m forcing Protein Water down- it tastes awful but I know if I get protein in I’m gonna feel better. I’m doing well getting my liquids in. It’s hard to move around due to the larger incision- but again making my self do it. Also definitely not sleeping enough- currently sleeping in a recliner because I can’t get my self out of bed without wanting to scream due to using abdominal muscles. The nurse called yesterday- recommended I use a pillow on my stomach to brace myself to get up. The nurse was also frustrated I didn’t get a binder when I was in the hospital so she recommended I get one or use high waisted compression leggings. Hoping I’m going to turn the corner in pain soon!