Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m so over protein shakes

Does anyone have any suggestions for some unflavored Protein Powder?

There are lots of recipes for home-made Protein Shakes online. There are also Protein Soup powders available from Bariatric Advantage and ProtiDiet. You can add unflavored protein powder to a variety of liquids. Think outside the box.

I use Isopure, but honestly don't love it. I tend to only mix it in to other foods like Beans and Soups and such, not in drinks. Have you tried the Protein waters (Protein2o, etc.)? I've been drinking those and find them MUCH more palatable now that I've burned out on shakes. They are thin, not as sweet, and I can dump them in my water bottle with some ice and sip on them all day. They do tend to have less protein than the shakes, I've only found varieties with 15 and 20 grams, but still a nice reprieve!

Edited by Sleeve_Me_Alone
ETA

Isopure unflavored. You might want to try injury chicken broth flavored too.

Agree with this - the Unjury chicken Soup isn't terrible, but still tastes like Protein Powder. I'm in the same boat, over the Protein. I've been using the Bariatric Advantage Creme flavor, it's less sweet. I mix 2 scoops with fage greek yogurt, 8 oz of Water, and 2 tbsps of PB2. It's like 50 g of protein and tastes ok.

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

Try the Fairlife Core Power shakes. They're delicious! Taste like real milk. I drink the chocolate one blended with ice, and the vanilla one I blend with ice and a shot or two of espresso. Better than the Starbucks frappucinos!

https://fairlife.com/core-power-brand/elite-chocolate-protein-shake/

1 hour ago, dms75 said:

Try the Fairlife Core Power shakes. They're delicious! Taste like real milk. I drink the chocolate one blended with ice, and the vanilla one I blend with ice and a shot or two of espresso. Better than the Starbucks frappucinos!

https://fairlife.com/core-power-brand/elite-chocolate-protein-shake/

Where do you buy your fairlife? It’s kind of hard to find for me.

Have you tried avoiding Protein Shakes all together? My surgeon doesn’t allow them. They want their patients getting Protein from real food. I thought that was odd when I first heard about but after doing this for three months, it totally makes sense now.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:28 PM, OutdoorsGirl said:

Where do you buy your fairlife? It’s kind of hard to find for me.

Local grocery stores (Giant, Harris Teeter), but most conveniently on Amazon.

Just found it at Safeway.