Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Congratulations in advance!
Tips: Don’t buy too much in advance and absolutely never compare you’re progress to anyone else.

-*your

14 hours ago, BirdLady21 said:

Hello, everyone this is my first time here. So happy I found this group. I am in the home stretch. My surgery is November 23. Any tips????

Give yourself grace and patience also don't do too much to fast. I had surgery on the 29th and I'm struggling I had to go back to work after a week because I haven't been on my job long enough for FMLA *eye roll* and also I didn't have enough vacation time. Whatever time you can take off use it!

Congrats! My advice: this journey is much more about the mental/emotional than it is the physical. Barring really nasty complications, the physical end of the surgery will be fine, especially once you are recovered. But the mental/emotional aspects will be with you for the rest of your life.

You're making a HUGE change, so it's okay to be nervous about it! Don't be surprised if you struggle, and don't feel bad when you inevitably do. Look at this amazing community you found that you can reach out to when you need an understanding friend! This is going to be an amazing change your body will thank you for later.

You're making a HUGE change, so it's okay to be nervous about it! Don't be surprised if you struggle, and don't feel bad when you inevitably do. Look at this amazing community you found that you can reach out to when you need an understanding friend! This is going to be an amazing change your body will thank you for later.

You had major surgery recently. Your alway dehydrated and staving your body in a sense. It will take several month to feel good. Honestly, the first 6 were hell. The next 3 weren't as bad, and the last 3 were somewhat closer to normal. Your body is never going to be "normal" again. There are going to be many days where you will question yourself on why you did this and other days when you look in the mirror and you know why :) it's not the easy way out. But, it is worth it in the end, I promise!

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery on 11/8 and had regrets before and after the surgery but positive thinking only! Onwards and forwards only. It’s definitely a lifestyle change and I’m coping day by day. I also learned that journaling your intake and following a schedule helps to keep me hydrated.

Congratulations in advance but if you have thoughts now, talk to a behavioral therapist. You still have time. Best wishes!