Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2022 Surgery Buddies

Had my gastric bypass surgery 1/31 and came home 2/1. Today is 2/2 and I am feeling good. I am pretty tired though. The only trouble I really had was the horrible back pain after I came out of surgery. That has gotten better though.

Hello everyone!

I had my revision surgery on 01/19/2022. I went from lap band to sleeve. Today officially marks 2 weeks post-surgery and I have lost 20 lbs! I dealt with severe nausea, but it's much better now. I feel good overall. Just a bit tired still. Happy to have found this place! ♥

On 11/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, Dianne63 said:

My surgery is set for 01/31/2022. Excited but worried.

I had mine on 1/31 as well! How are you doing? I’m so confused at what my body is feeling.
And I came home 4 pounds heavier from the iv Fluid

5 hours ago, Nikkiblue said:

I had mine on 1/31 as well! How are you doing? I’m so confused at what my body is feeling.

I tested positive for Covid so they rescheduled my surgery for 03/28. Very disappointing. Thank you for checking on me. How are you doing?

1 minute ago, Dianne63 said:

I tested positive for Covid so they rescheduled my surgery for 03/28. Very disappointing. Thank you for checking on me. How are you doing?

Were you sick or Asymptomatic? I get tested on Friday with surgery on Monday I feel fine but just a fear since I had a few bumps in the road along the way which almost caused my surgery to get rescheduled AGAIN. So I am on pins and needles.

24 minutes ago, Honey10604 said:

Were you sick or Asymptomatic? I get tested on Friday with surgery on Monday I feel fine but just a fear since I had a few bumps in the road along the way which almost caused my surgery to get rescheduled AGAIN. So I am on pins and needles.

I had been running a fever and cold like symptoms (cough, congested etc).

On 2/3/2022 at 2:59 AM, Nikkiblue said:

Mine was 1/25. I had about the same regain during my days in the hospital & also confusion identifying different pains (muscular? gas? incisions? cut nerves? hunger? fullness?) From my perspective about a week 'ahead' of you I'd say don't sweat that 4lbs gain (it will come off precipitously) & that it's understandable to feel confused.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:29 AM, Dianne63 said:

Im sorry you were rescheduled! hang in there, the time will come sooner than you think.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:25 PM, lovely girl said:

hi molly - i also had surg on 1/11, i start my puree diet on tuesday,

so far so go , i still have some gas-- got a bad rash and thrush - but one pill is to talk all away - went to doc started surg at 237--one week out

weighed in @ 224, that made me happy-- almost through 1st 2 weeks

hope all is well for u good luck

hi how are things going - i am 27 days out and doing really great

down 22 pds since surgery 1/11/21, my doc has already put me to soft foods i week ahead, feel like i need to slow down--i feel like i can eat too much, now i don't go back to doc again until 4/8/22, i have not been weighing myself only at doc visits

my goal 179 maybe by june

good luck

On 11/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, newsam1154 said:

Crossing the fingers that I can get a surgery date in January. I have a pre-op appointment on the 17th and hope to get my date then! Super excited for this opportunity.

hey did u have your surgery- i did on 1/11/22 all went well

stayed one night got home - had help from husband for 3 days and after that day by day it gets better, i was never hungry for the 1st 2 weeks then when i got to puree foods seemed like life was getting back to normal, i am only 27 day out from my surg

down 22 pds from surgery start 237 2/3 22--215

always smiling now - just feeling the way i do w/only dropping 22 pds

i just went down a sz in pants and my shirts fit way better

i don't even feel like i had surgery

but goal is also 179 36 to go

ps good luck

signed

lovelygirl

On 02/07/2022 at 13:38, lovely girl said:

hi how are things going - i am 27 days out and doing really great

down 22 pds since surgery 1/11/21, my doc has already put me to soft foods i week ahead, feel like i need to slow down--i feel like i can eat too much, now i don't go back to doc again until 4/8/22, i have not been weighing myself only at doc visits

my goal 179 maybe by june

good luck

That’s so exciting! I had my surgery 1/10. 4weeks out and I feel great. I’m happy to see you have a goal I had a goal but my surgeon reminded me that even if the scale doesn’t show it we lose inches. I’ve noticed my stomach is getting smaller, I’m about 20lbs down from surgery and starting this journey when I got interested in surgery I’m down 60lbs! I hope you make your goal!!

21 hours ago, lovely girl said:

hey did u have your surgery- i did on 1/11/22 all went well

stayed one night got home - had help from husband for 3 days and after that day by day it gets better, i was never hungry for the 1st 2 weeks then when i got to puree foods seemed like life was getting back to normal, i am only 27 day out from my surg

down 22 pds from surgery start 237 2/3 22--215

always smiling now - just feeling the way i do w/only dropping 22 pds

i just went down a sz in pants and my shirts fit way better

i don't even feel like i had surgery

but goal is also 179 36 to go

ps good luck

signed

lovelygirl

So glad to hear you are doing well! Keep kicking butt!

Right now due to COVID, I still don't have a surgery date due to my surgeon having to be on call, however they did advise a possible April date, so I am still awaiting to hear.

51 minutes ago, newsam1154 said:

So glad to hear you are doing well! Keep kicking butt!

Right now due to COVID, I still don't have a surgery date due to my surgeon having to be on call, however they did advise a possible April date, so I am still awaiting to hear.

Stinkin' Covid! April will be here before you know it!! Hang in there ♥