Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2022 Surgery Buddies

Hello all! My surgery is scheduled 1/24/22! I’m super excited about this new journey. I pray everyone has a complication free surgery! Here’s to a healthier you in 2022!

On 1/21/2022 at 1:35 PM, lovely girl said:

hi there this is lovely girl -did u get your surg, just had mine on 1/11/22

down 237 to 224 in one week-- that was a bonus , and when that happens u feel great!

give me a shout maybe i can help w/? only 10 days out

but doing good

HI LOVELY GIRL!!!

I did not, unfortunately due to COVID all non emergent surgeries are postponed and I was just told last week they are looking at April for rescheduling! I'm frustrated but hopeful. I am so glad you are doing well!! Wishing you all the best!!!! ❤️

On 1/23/2022 at 1:08 AM, CowboyKurt said:

Howdy, all, I had the gastric sleeve surgery on 1/13/22 so I am 9 days post-op. For the past two days, I have been unbelievably exhausted, fatigued, and achy. I feel like it is getting worse. Today I have been crying almost non-stop. Not because of pain just emotional fatigue I guess. (Kept crying while watching the movie "Air Force One". It is not a sad movie. I am hardly taking in fluids, doing about 8 ounces every hour. Alternating between Water and Premier Protein Clear. Still, no food but can sip broth. I was walking but no longer as it is too tiring and I feel like I will fall. I have not called the Doctor as it is the weekend and the on-call will I'm sure would basically tell me if I am concerned then I should go to the ER. I am thinking maybe I should at least they will probably give me an IV for fluids for dehydration if that's the case. A year ago I had a very bad case of COVID-19, thankfully recovered (still can't smell anything) and since then I have had both VAX shots and the booster. I mention that because the exhaustion is reminiscent of that. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you!

Test yourself for COVID - and/or just hang in there. I would go to the hospital if your energy doesn't improve by today or tomorrow. Good luck!

On 1/23/2022 at 12:08 AM, CowboyKurt said:

Howdy, all, I had the gastric sleeve surgery on 1/13/22 so I am 9 days post-op. For the past two days, I have been unbelievably exhausted, fatigued, and achy. I feel like it is getting worse. Today I have been crying almost non-stop. Not because of pain just emotional fatigue I guess. (Kept crying while watching the movie "Air Force One". It is not a sad movie. I am hardly taking in fluids, doing about 8 ounces every hour. Alternating between Water and Premier Protein Clear. Still, no food but can sip broth. I was walking but no longer as it is too tiring and I feel like I will fall. I have not called the Doctor as it is the weekend and the on-call will I'm sure would basically tell me if I am concerned then I should go to the ER. I am thinking maybe I should at least they will probably give me an IV for fluids for dehydration if that's the case. A year ago I had a very bad case of COVID-19, thankfully recovered (still can't smell anything) and since then I have had both VAX shots and the booster. I mention that because the exhaustion is reminiscent of that. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you!

Any updates? Hope you’re doing better.

3 hours ago, J’anna said:

Any updates? Hope you’re doing better.

Thanks, J'anna, I did take another covid test and should get the results in a day or two. Still very exhausted. I had my first follow-up with the surgeon's office today. They were pleased with my current status. They feel the sore throat was caused by the endotracheal intubation tube which is common. They also felt I am so exhausted due to not taking in needed Protein. I have been doing the protein clear drinks and today they wanted me to restart the chocolate Protein Drinks as they have more protein content. I have been trying but just taking two sips is making me so full and wanting to cough it up due to how think they are. I am to do the shakes for one more week then move to mushy food. Right now I'm mixing some Water with shakes to cut the thickness. I will keep on keeping on hopefully it will get better each day.

On 1/23/2022 at 4:27 AM, Jamonique84 said:

Hello all! My surgery is scheduled 1/24/22! I’m super excited about this new journey. I pray everyone has a complication free surgery! Here’s to a healthier you in 2022!

Hope you’re doing well!

On 11/23/2021 at 10:23, PSJennifer said:

I just got off the phone with the surgeon! Mine is also scheduled for 1/31/2022!!

Today is my day too!!! Good luck!

On 01/30/2022 at 20:37, Princess86 said:

Hope you’re doing well!

Yes all is well! I am thankful to not have had any nausea, acid, or gas pains. I’m doing very well, thank you love ♥️

I had my surgery Jan 18. I am feeling great except for the unbearable itchiness! I have been using ice packs. Added in a Claritin this morning. I know it is a normal part of the healing process, but I can hardly stand it. Anyone found any way to relieve it?