Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scrambled "Egg" w/ Sausage Gravy - Puree Stage

Hi All

I am a chef by profession and feel that though I am going through the same as most (currently in puree stage) I refuse to give up my desire to eat well and be creative.
My weight loss is going great and I have been keeping the diet prescribed to me by my physician. I have, however, stretched my creative muscles to incorporate flavors I like into my day. This is one of my more successful ones. I am also trying to eat more vegetarian and vegan and this was a good place for that as I use Just egg and vegetarian sausage. If I had cashew yogurt I would have used that instead.

208 calories / 15 carbs / 12g Protein (vegetarian) should yield 1/4 cup. If more only eat what you are prescribed.

1 Morning Star Farm vegetarian Sausage Link

1/2 cup Oat Milk

1 ts Low-fat Greek Yogurt (plain)

1/4 ts rubbed sage

1/4 ts garlic powder

1/4 ts dried chives (optional)

Ground black pepper

1 ts corn starch disolved in 1 ts of Water

1 egg or 3Tbl. Just Egg

Over medium heat.

Cut up one sausage link and, in a small pan sprayed with cooking spray, sauté until lightly browned.

Add Oat Milk, yogurt, sage, garlic powder and chives if you are using and stir until the yogurt dissolves and the gravy starts to simmer. Let it start to cook down a bit.

Stir the cornstarch and water slurry well to make sure it is fully dissolved and add it to the gravy.

Bring up the heat and stir till thickened to the consistency you wish. If too thick, add some water.

Remove from the pan and put the gravy into a small food processor. Blitz until smooth and the sausage is well incorporated.

Make your egg or egg substitute scrambled fine so it meets puree standards and serve with the gravy on top.

Though you are using about 1/2 cup of milk and such, out leaving you with approximately 1/4 cup of sausage gravy.

This is decadent, has the flavors you want, has a good amount of protein and meets the requirements.

Cheers
J

Edited by Astonishing Mr J

That does sound good. A little Keto bread and it would make a nice sausage gravy and biscuit with eggs. Yum

Thank you that sounds delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!