Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Pricilla said:

😭😭😭 you’re speaking my language

purées can’t come fast enough, less than 2 days

Did you also do RNY or VSG???

1 minute ago, Pricilla said:

Sleeve

My cousin did her sleeve and she lost over 100 pound she had no issues with foods. Again not all bodies are equal. And how are you doing postop? Are you having any issues like cramping, Bloated. Abdominal pain etc???

Day 10

A couple things have changed since my last update.

I have a superficial thrombophlebitis in my arm above where my IV was. I did notice a couple days after being home that my upper arm was a bit sore and tender, mostly when I was using the arm. But then I noticed it was a little bit pink. Only then did I think “oh this could be a blood clot”. Now this isn’t a deep vein thrombosis, but really the only way to know is through ultrasound, and since i wasn’t willing to risk a PE, I went to the ER. No treatment, just warm compress.

The other thing that has developed is that my diaphragm feels really sensitive/tender. Kinda like when you get bumped (or hit) in you belly. So I feel slightly nauseous. Even my bra resting on the diaphragm area is irritating.

My muscles definitely feel weak.

I’ve mostly been surviving on Water, a couple ounces Greek yogurt, sugar free Jello, and sugar free pudding. I’m going to try another Protein Shake today. My dietitian said to basically stay hydrated and take my Vitamins.

I’m doing normal daily things, taking my kid to the playground (though i’m not playing), driving, Grocery shopping, and house work.

one more day until purées! Wahoo!

14 hours ago, Pricilla said:

Day 10

A couple things have changed since my last update.

I have a superficial thrombophlebitis in my arm above where my IV was. I did notice a couple days after being home that my upper arm was a bit sore and tender, mostly when I was using the arm. But then I noticed it was a little bit pink. Only then did I think “oh this could be a blood clot”. Now this isn’t a deep vein thrombosis, but really the only way to know is through ultrasound, and since i wasn’t willing to risk a PE, I went to the ER. No treatment, just warm compress.

The other thing that has developed is that my diaphragm feels really sensitive/tender. Kinda like when you get bumped (or hit) in you belly. So I feel slightly nauseous. Even my bra resting on the diaphragm area is irritating.

My muscles definitely feel weak.

I’ve mostly been surviving on Water, a couple ounces Greek yogurt, sugar free Jello, and sugar free pudding. I’m going to try another Protein Shake today. My dietitian said to basically stay hydrated and take my Vitamins.

I’m doing normal daily things, taking my kid to the playground (though i’m not playing), driving, Grocery shopping, and house work.

one more day until purées! Wahoo!

Thank you for sharing wishing you a speedy recovery. I had both hiatal hernia repair and RNY bypass. 1st 7 days I was kinda of ok after day 9 I started having really bad cramps loose stools, pain all over, feeling lethargic, nothing seems to help I might just go into the ER tomorrow Oxy and Diazepam not doing much. 😤😤😤😤 so frustrating

11 hours ago, Northfilly17 said:

📿 praying for you!

Ty

Post op day 12

Praise be, purées, praise be!

i am human again 🙌

ok, so last night (so mere hours from purées day), I had about 2 oz of the most delicious mashed potatoes and gravy from Popeyes. My husband was ordering and i said “oooo order me mash and gravy”. I also had 3 tiny pinches of the biscuit. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

And this morning I had 2 oz applesauce. And then for lunch and dinner I had 2 oz of the best grits of my entire life.

i tried a Protein Water today. Ick! I need to find something

i don’t know how some people don’t want the foods they used to eat. It’s all I think about. It’s a little concerning. I think about stuffing myself with all the food. I miss being able to overeat. Obviously, I want to change otherwise I wouldn’t have had this surgery. But if anyone thinks this is the cure to your food desires, it simply isn’t true. I truly don’t know if I will see the success others do. Time will tell.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, Pricilla said:

Post op day 5

after sleeping most of the day yesterday I woke up early with my 5.5 year old and let my husband sleep in. I ready to get up anyways because I guess of maybe reflux. I’ve never had it before but something in my sternum area was bothering me.

my belly button incision is still pretty sore while getting up, bending over, and to the touch. It doesn’t, and never did require anything more than Tylenol (which thankfully I have the dissolvable).

I had little meltdown involving some tears over trying to stomach yet again another Protein Shake I hate. Everyone’s beloved fairlife can go straight to hell. So I haven’t even reached 10g of Protein yet people, imma die. Also I need to find another multi Vitamin.

so I pick myself up and brush my tank teeth (all this fake sweet stuff in Protein waters/shakes/vitamins/chewable gas x/dissolvable Tylenol/sugar jello/sugar free popsicles is giving the worse taste in my mouth).

i did manage with no problem 32 oz of Water, 1/2 ounce at time using a med cup, spaced 3 min apart sometimes longer if was doing something. My goal tomorrow is to increase that by another 16 oz, we’ll see.

Ok so after feeling like I was being a major baby about the cussing Protein Shakes I decided to white knuckle it and do 1/2 oz shots with 5 min in between. I had a cup of Water for rinsing my mouth out and an empty cup to spit the rinse into between shots. And I managed 2 oz. and the after taste was STILL after the rinse.

I had a sugar free popsicle for the first time, and even though I am totally over artificial sweeteners, it felt nice to bite into something.

hungry and desperate for something that was palatable, I sent my husband to Panera to get 4 cups of different Soups. I chose to strain the broccoli and cheese Soup and water it down to slide off of spoon. I ate 1/4 cup by toddler spoonfuls every 3 min. I had to reheat 3 times for 19 sec. I wanted to eat the entire cup, but atlas I did not. I was satisfied and then passed out for a nap.

I will be having that for dinner as well. Healthy? Not really, but I need some motherfarten calories, ANYTHING that doesn’t make me gag.

today was better than yesterday.

I took a lovely shower and did my hair.

the end.

I was the same I got to a point where my dietian said dont worry about if its good for you just get something in ........so KFC mash potatoes and gravy it was ( puree stage of course ) you are lucky you are sleeping and napping ok i couldnt sleep at all and the horrible taste is probably from reflux mine went away around week 4-6.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:08 PM, Pricilla said:

Also, I licked a cool ranch Dorito today and it was divine.

lol you sound like you are doing a lot of what i did, my niece was eating chips in front of me and i made her give me one to lick too lol

On 11/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, kimdlawson06 said:

Hello! I'm just curious. I had surgery this past Friday and was told I had to do Clear Liquids for 2 weeks. It seems as if some people don't have the same requirement. How soon were you told that you could start full liquids?

I did too, liquids for 2 weeks, puree for 2 weeks, soft food 2 weeks, then a bit more solid food but had to make sure i had gravy or sauce with it for another 2 weeks then slowly add "normal" foods

Love this thread! I'm getting excited for my procedure in January I cannot wait. My stomach is sick to death from overeating. I had been doing so great on my diet this summer and now that I'm closer to my date - all I want to do is "eat all the junk that I won't be able to eat later on". Stupid logic.

Edited by LilaNicole20

11 minutes ago, LilaNicole20 said:

Love this thread! I'm getting excited for my procedure in January I cannot wait. My stomach is sick to death from overeating. I had been doing so great on my diet this summer and now that I'm closer to my date - all I want to do is "eat all the junk that I won't be able to eat later on". Stupid logic.

I did the same thing but honestly it was a waste. Had I not done that I’d be at goal already. Many of us do have at least a last supper though. Lol. Just know that for most of us we can eat all the same foods post sleeve. Just in moderation and much smaller portions. So you will be not having certain foods during weight loss but once you get to maintenance you will be able have them again. Honestly I do not have any food that I was told not to have. Just to make healthy choices.

46 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I did the same thing but honestly it was a waste. Had I not done that I’d be at goal already. Many of us do have at least a last supper though. Lol. Just know that for most of us we can eat all the same foods post sleeve. Just in moderation and much smaller portions. So you will be not having certain foods during weight loss but once you get to maintenance you will be able have them again. Honestly I do not have any food that I was told not to have. Just to make healthy choices.

HI Shoppgirl! Yes, my surgeon basically said the same thing.. She said I will never tell you that you cannot ever have something/anything again. I felt that was quite a relief. And I wish I wasn't on this road of self-sabotage. I am refocusing my energies this week in an attempt to re-lose these 10 lbs. that I keep yo-yoing on. Ugh!! Why do we do this to ourselves? According to your weights, it looks like you are doing great! I do know what you mean by being at goal already if you hadn't acted up at the beginning - it's so hard not to though!!