Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 minutes ago, Pricilla said:

End of post op day 4

this has been a tough day. I’ve spent most of the day in bed. I have drunk about 32oz Water. I never went back to the fairlife Protein Shake that i got about 1/3 through. I had about maybe 1/4 cup (if that!) of chicken broth.
I am definitely hungry and weak. I attempted a Protein Gatorade zero, and NOPE!
I took a phenergan and went to sleep for a while.

ive done a little walking around the house. I find my self holding my belly all the time, like supporting it.
I took a hot shower which is just so nice since I’m freezing.
I have all the farts (which are never just farts). I feel like there is a huge burp bubble that never comes out.
im a bit miserable. It’s so crazy that there are people that just totally fine! My body is like WTF did you just do to me, and where is all the yummy food? !

im having some specific cravings, like old school dine in pizza Hut pizza.

I just don’t know what I’m going to do if I can’t drink the Protein, that seems to be the key. So I’m just not eating.

Try adding unflavored Protein Powder to your Soup. Every little bit helps.

Post op day 5

after sleeping most of the day yesterday I woke up early with my 5.5 year old and let my husband sleep in. I ready to get up anyways because I guess of maybe reflux. I’ve never had it before but something in my sternum area was bothering me.

my belly button incision is still pretty sore while getting up, bending over, and to the touch. It doesn’t, and never did require anything more than Tylenol (which thankfully I have the dissolvable).

I had little meltdown involving some tears over trying to stomach yet again another Protein Shake I hate. Everyone’s beloved fairlife can go straight to hell. So I haven’t even reached 10g of Protein yet people, imma die. Also I need to find another multi Vitamin.

so I pick myself up and brush my tank teeth (all this fake sweet stuff in protein waters/shakes/vitamins/chewable gas x/dissolvable Tylenol/sugar jello/sugar free popsicles is giving the worse taste in my mouth).

i did manage with no problem 32 oz of Water, 1/2 ounce at time using a med cup, spaced 3 min apart sometimes longer if was doing something. My goal tomorrow is to increase that by another 16 oz, we’ll see.

Ok so after feeling like I was being a major baby about the cussing Protein Shakes I decided to white knuckle it and do 1/2 oz shots with 5 min in between. I had a cup of water for rinsing my mouth out and an empty cup to spit the rinse into between shots. And I managed 2 oz. and the after taste was STILL after the rinse.

I had a sugar free popsicle for the first time, and even though I am totally over artificial sweeteners, it felt nice to bite into something.

hungry and desperate for something that was palatable, I sent my husband to Panera to get 4 cups of different Soups. I chose to strain the broccoli and cheese Soup and water it down to slide off of spoon. I ate 1/4 cup by toddler spoonfuls every 3 min. I had to reheat 3 times for 19 sec. I wanted to eat the entire cup, but atlas I did not. I was satisfied and then passed out for a nap.

I will be having that for dinner as well. Healthy? Not really, but I need some motherfarten calories, ANYTHING that doesn’t make me gag.

today was better than yesterday.

I took a lovely shower and did my hair.

the end.

Hoo boy. Ya. Look into getting some Isopure. You can get it in packets to mix with Water or in bottles. It’s not all sweet, it’s quite tangy.

So glad you had a up day. You deserve it.

I found the Fairlife to be way too sweet. I preferred the vanilla shakes from Prermier Protein, but those are still a bit sweet.

If you can (and want to) have cafeine, the Latte from Premier Protein is not sweet, and you can warm it and have it hot.

But for total non-sweet you need to do what @vikingbeast said above. You can even add Isopure to those Soups from Panera.

You can also make (or buy premade) chicken broth, make it salty, and add Isopure.

I’m having the sleeve in December 2021 and I was advised by someone who went through it to get a coffee warming plate (found one on Amazon for under $12) and put your warm stuff on that so you don’t have to reheat it and it doesn’t go cold on you. I also purchased some 2 and 4 ounce little ceramic dishes to put my warm stuff in to go on the warming plate. I love to read your day by day especially since I’m coming up on my surgery in a little over a month! Thanks so much for sharing!!

9 minutes ago, TheTimeIsNear said:

I found the Fairlife to be way too sweet. I preferred the vanilla shakes from Prermier Protein, but those are still a bit sweet.

If you can (and want to) have cafeine, the Latte from Premier Protein is not sweet, and you can warm it and have it hot.

But for total non-sweet you need to do what @vikingbeast said above. You can even add Isopure to those Soups from Panera.

You can also make (or buy premade) chicken broth, make it salty, and add Isopure.

Thank you for your feedback.

I have some flavorless isopure that I’m experimenting with today. In hindsight, I REALLY should have done the experimenting PRIOR to surgery, but here we are.
I’ve broken it down to Protein per gram of the isopure, which is about 0.86 protein/g. Which is about 1/2 teaspoon.
For my first experiment I mixed 1 tsp spoon with a quarter cup of milk and a little coffee. I knew I wouldn’t drinking the whole thing, but it was good! Soooo baby steps. I still haven’t t figured out how much I’m physically able to drink in a certain time period, say thirty minutes. I will get there.
My second experiment is about 2 oz sugar free pudding and 2 tsp spoon of isopure. I can taste it but I’m trying to just power through.

Through a recommendation from a friend/coworker who has had the sleeve as well, I will be trying Ensure Max protein chocolate variety later in the day.

i am currently WAY behind with my Water, but it’s Monday morning and life is happening. I will do my best to make up for this later. I gotta pick my battles at the moment.

My next priority will be finding a proper multi Vitamin, preferably one can effortlessly swallow, because the Bariatric Advantage one is huge and gross.

this reply of thanks has turned into an update. Sorry! I’m sorta using this thread as a personal log.

4 minutes ago, huskymama said:

I’m having the sleeve in December 2021 and I was advised by someone who went through it to get a coffee warming plate (found one on Amazon for under $12) and put your warm stuff on that so you don’t have to reheat it and it doesn’t go cold on you. I also purchased some 2 and 4 ounce little ceramic dishes to put my warm stuff in to go on the warming plate. I love to read your day by day especially since I’m coming up on my surgery in a little over a month! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Oooo yes I need one of those. I just ended up popping it in the microwave, and then pouring most of it out, but it’s Monday, such as life.

I sure hope you are more prepared than me! I should know better, I’m an operating room nurse and I work with my surgeon! Haha but I just assumed “pshhhhhh I got this”. I do not. I do not in fact got this.

Now i’m post op, weak, and hungry AF trying to figure it all out. And I feel like I’m just trying to push through to the next stage of foods without actually caring what I’m eating, which is kind of missing the whole point of this. Sighhhhhhhhh I’m just surviving at this point.
BUT I am learning a lot. I’m constantly searching the forums. I’m jealous of how well a lot people just thrive immediately, because I am drowning. I’m happy, but imma a mess.

Anyways, please learn from my mistakes and prepare. I don’t know much money I’ve spent on all the Protein shakes/waters/powders, but it’s a lot! And I hate them all.

I have researched it like crazy it took me over a year of research to decide to even do this - I am right on the BMI boarder but I’m type 2 diabetic and my two uncles were juvenile diabetic my Dad died (very thin and very active) at 59 due to diabetes. I have tried everything - I went vegan for about 6 months before covid hit and got my diabetes under control and weight low but I broke my talas bone and did a third grade tendon tear in my left ankle September 2020 which isn’t healing and prevented me from walking much so there went the weight and the sugars. So I’m getting the sleeve to get the weight off and then I can get the surgery on my ankle. I actually love Warrior Brand Protein powder it is vegan but I’ve used it for years. The protein is 28 grams I use it to make banana nice cream and all kinds of stuff now - have for about 2 years. I’m going to get a few others just to have but the Warrior protein powders are not sweet so it may be a good option for me. I am not going to stock up at first other than sugar free G2 and Vitamin Water once I see what I like my husband will go get stuff for me. Also I’m making broth and Soups and freezing them in ice cube trays so I have a variety and can just pop them in the microwave. I’ve been watching my 600 pound life - driving my poor husband crazy - but I’ve gotten great tips from that show plus seeing people not loose or gain and why so I don’t make those mistakes. My life really depends on getting the diabetes under control I am 53 so not far off from when my dad died. I’ve had 2 siblings already die 32 and 59 so it kicks my family in the butt.

Post op day 6

Today was the most normal I felt since the surgery. I wore jeans for a minute to drop off my son at school, but quickly got right back into my comfy soft pj pants because the belly button incision is still a little tender.

I picked up a few more Protein Shakes, and I’m beginning to think it’s a lost cause. I feel weak and I get tired often. I think I’m just one of those people who just need to focus on staying hydrated, that I can do. I love just plain Water, so that will be my focus. I will still try the Protein, but it’s stressing me out. I’m so close to purées so I’m thinking that might be the game changer, who knows, not me!

I tried the endure protein Max chocolate today. It tastes really similar to the fairlife but with less of the after taste, but an after taste nonetheless, eye roll.

I added a couple teaspoons of Isopure unflavored to about 2 oz Sugar Free Chocolate pudding, and I ate it. Not much protein, but I’ll take it.
I did the same to my 1/4 cup of Soup. I didn’t taste it in the soup, but it was onlyn2 teaspoons. I could see it though, but no biggie.

My stomach started a weird churning pain. I don’t know what that was about, but it didn’t worry me.

when my husband was cooking his dinner my stomach has never been screaming HUNGER so much in its life.

I was able to assist in bath time with my kid, so that was nice. I was just careful with reaching because Of the incision,

I did some things around the house like laundry and dish washer with no problems. The laundry was less than pounds , I know because I weighed it, haha.

so things are beginning to be normal.

i did lay down around 2p because I just felt tired.

i felt a bit irritable at times in the afternoon, and not really wanting to talk to answer questions. Almost spacey. I blame this on the lack food. This isn’t my usual affect, so that’s a bummer.

I am still cold most of the time and I very much look forward to the hot shower.

@Pricilla good to know you are doing great 👍 it will only get even better. Thank you for sharing your postop story with us. God bless and stay healthy and safe.

16 hours ago, Pricilla said:

Post op day 6

Today was the most normal I felt since the surgery. I wore jeans for a minute to drop off my son at school, but quickly got right back into my comfy soft pj pants because the belly button incision is still a little tender.

I picked up a few more Protein Shakes, and I’m beginning to think it’s a lost cause. I feel weak and I get tired often. I think I’m just one of those people who just need to focus on staying hydrated, that I can do. I love just plain Water, so that will be my focus. I will still try the Protein, but it’s stressing me out. I’m so close to purées so I’m thinking that might be the game changer, who knows, not me!

I tried the endure Protein Max chocolate today. It tastes really similar to the fairlife but with less of the after taste, but an after taste nonetheless, eye roll.

I added a couple teaspoons of Isopure unflavored to about 2 oz Sugar Free Chocolate pudding, and I ate it. Not much protein, but I’ll take it.
I did the same to my 1/4 cup of Soup. I didn’t taste it in the Soup, but it was onlyn2 teaspoons. I could see it though, but no biggie.

My stomach started a weird churning pain. I don’t know what that was about, but it didn’t worry me.

when my husband was cooking his dinner my stomach has never been screaming HUNGER so much in its life.

I was able to assist in bath time with my kid, so that was nice. I was just careful with reaching because Of the incision,

I did some things around the house like laundry and dish washer with no problems. The laundry was less than pounds , I know because I weighed it, haha.

so things are beginning to be normal.

i did lay down around 2p because I just felt tired.

i felt a bit irritable at times in the afternoon, and not really wanting to talk to answer questions. Almost spacey. I blame this on the lack food. This isn’t my usual affect, so that’s a bummer.

I am still cold most of the time and I very much look forward to the hot shower.

Have you started your Iron supplement yet? I was completely lethargic because my iron levels were shot post-op. As soon as I started the iron supplement, I felt a million times better—within 2-3 days, even. The protein is vital—if you can't get the protein in, you will feel weak no matter what your iron level is, though.

The weird churning pain happened to me and felt like hunger too—but it turned out to be mild GERD. I took some over-the-counter omeprazole (Prilosec) and it stopped in a couple of hours. I still take this sometimes if I have a mild GERD attack.

11 minutes ago, kimdlawson06 said:

Hello! I'm just curious. I had surgery this past Friday and was told I had to do Clear Liquids for 2 weeks. It seems as if some people don't have the same requirement. How soon were you told that you could start full liquids?

I was told 3 days of clear and then full liquids. It’s really all over the board with the different plans. I couldn’t tell you any evidence based reason why one over the other though.