Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone!

Just had sleeve yesterday morning.

I was a self pay.

first day was the worse than today. I’ve been nauseous ever since I woke from surgery.

it’s hard for me to distinguish from gas pain and nausea. I managed to get 8 oz down yesterday. I threw up the gabapentin immediately. Feeling scared to try anything. My nurse said he’ll have me try the Tylenol at some point.

belly just feel like I worked out my abs, and getting up takes some work.

I’ve walked until I get tired, which a about 5 laps around my room.

today is better than yesterday, but boy does this suck!!!!

And my room freezing.

nothing good today yet, just that today is better.

2 hours ago, Pricilla said:

Hey everyone!

I was a self pay.

first day was the worse than today. I’ve been nauseous ever since I woke from surgery.

it’s hard for me to distinguish from gas pain and nausea. I managed to get 8 oz down yesterday. I threw up the gabapentin immediately. Feeling scared to try anything. My nurse said he’ll have me try the Tylenol at some point.

And my room freezing.

I got half of the Tylenol down, and said NOPE to thee other half. They are treating my nausea, I really think it’s the gas 🤷🏼‍♀️

The barium swallow test yuk! But I don’t throw up, so I’ll take it!

Walked around the room some.

i might have to stay another night if my nausea doesn’t subside.

this sucks! I know will be better and will continue to get better.

Fingers crossed you will get home soon, Sounds like you earned a break. Take care

The gas is seriously no joke! But the more you walk around, the sooner it'll be gone. Ask your nurse if you can have chewable simethicone (a.k.a. Gas-X), it helped me IMMENSELY.

6 hours ago, Pricilla said:

Hey everyone!

I was a self pay.

And my room freezing.

Thank you for sharing. My surgery is in December. Hope you are feeling better.

End of day 2 and already feeling better- not great. I feel tight in my whole torso, which has to be the gas. I think my nausea is directly related to the gas.

I’ve walked a few times.
I’ve been given Zofran and Phenergan, but doesn’t do too much to the nausea.

I am currently attempting to eat Jello, and so far it’s staying down.

as soon as I got to my room I changed into my night clothes. I brought a couple books, my iPad, and ear buds. I haven’t touched them. I’ve been preoccupied trying NOT to throw up.

no BM yet. I had a few burps (which was nice) and maybe 2 tiny toots.

ive drunk about 16 0z of Water.

When I breath in deep I do get a sharp pain under and in my rib cage.

I washes my face and brushes my teeth this morning and on some mascara to feel normal again.

and finally, My room is no more longer freezing.

The nausea is likely from the anaesthetic & from the actual surgery - your tummy is super sensitive after what was done to it.

Gas pain hurts. Nausea makes your tummy roll & you may want to throw up. Gas pain is like excess wind (burping & farting) & a distended abdominal. And then the pain rises to the shoulder & you know it then.

Yes to Gas X & to walking. It takes several days for the gas to escape your body. You will feel much improved in a few days. The first days are always the hardest especially as you don’t know what to expect & what is a usual side effect & what isn’t.

Good luck.

Day 3 post op sleeve

I am much better than yesterday and a million times better than day one.

I got to go home today. I took a shower immediately.

I feel hungry. I was really hoping i didn’t feel hungry.
I’ve been sipping on my Protein Water mixed with Miralax.

I’m still very sleepy and a bit shakey. Not much for incision pain, just a little tender above the port sight where they pulled a portion of stomach out.

Feeling hopeful that every day gets better, because it has already gotten better everyday. My nausea is minimal and the gas pains are nearly gone.

I never tooK the narcotics in the hospital and said no thanks to the prescription. I only got Toradol IV for the pain, as I could not keep the liquid form down. I was really scared about ripping the staple line when I coughed, but I guess I’m alright.

I decided I won’t weigh until the post op visit.

46 minutes ago, Pricilla said:

Day 3 post op sleeve

I am much better than yesterday and a million times better than day one.

I got to go home today. I took a shower immediately.

I feel hungry. I was really hoping i didn’t feel hungry.
I’ve been sipping on my Protein Water mixed with Miralax.

I’m still very sleepy and a bit shakey. Not much for incision pain, just a little tender above the port sight where they pulled a portion of stomach out.

Feeling hopeful that every day gets better, because it has already gotten better everyday. My nausea is minimal and the gas pains are nearly gone.

I never tooK the narcotics in the hospital and said no thanks to the prescription. I only got Toradol IV for the pain, as I could not keep the liquid form down. I was really scared about ripping the staple line when I coughed, but I guess I’m alright.

I decided I won’t weigh until the post op visit.

Thank you for sharing. Glad you're feeling better.

Glad to hear you are doing well as can be expected.

Post op day 4

Feeling worse than yesterday 😩

I came home yesterday and I felt ok for a while. I managed half of a Protein Water mixed with miralax and a little extra water.

I attempted Bone Broth, and just typing it makes me want to gag.

today was to be full liquids. I have managed about 24 oz water and maybe a third of a fairlife shake. I also started Vitamins today, and good Lord! Those multi Vitamin chewables from Bariatric Advantage didn’t seem as big prior to surgery! My dietitian wanted me taking two of those beasts, I managed 1 and a half.
I feel icky in my tummy all day. I’ve been soooooo sleepy and freezing! I was anemic prior to surgery and got my period early 🙄 so I’m probably even more so now.

I have been in bed most of the day with the exception of walking to the bathroom, I guess the half a miralax did something. I’m producing watery bright yellow stools, in minimal quantities…I can’t trust a toot. I think the thiamine supplement I was on (and should still be taking, but haven’t been able to) is causing the bright yellow color.

It has been so nice being in my bed.

the abdomen pain isn’t bad, just getting up from lying down is a little painful.

my 5.5 year old boy has been so sweet, bringing me gifts he’s made me.

im going make myself get up now and walk around the house for 5 min.

I might see what Panera’s Soup look like, if they qualify as full liquid.

Oh! Also, I was told to take the omeprazole capsule and open it and mix with apple sauce. Is applesauce allowed at this point? Or is it just for taking medication?

This is one of the best threads! I love the day to day synopsis, helps me see what I could be facing when my time comes. I pray you’re feeling much better soon!

Applesauce and yoghurt/skyr were both allowed on my full-liquid diet.

End of post op day 4

this has been a tough day. I’ve spent most of the day in bed. I have drunk about 32oz Water. I never went back to the fairlife Protein Shake that i got about 1/3 through. I had about maybe 1/4 cup (if that!) of chicken broth.
I am definitely hungry and weak. I attempted a Protein Gatorade zero, and NOPE!
I took a phenergan and went to sleep for a while.

ive done a little walking around the house. I find my self holding my belly all the time, like supporting it.
I took a hot shower which is just so nice since I’m freezing.
I have all the farts (which are never just farts). I feel like there is a huge burp bubble that never comes out.
im a bit miserable. It’s so crazy that there are people that just totally fine! My body is like WTF did you just do to me, and where is all the yummy food? !

im having some specific cravings, like old school dine in pizza Hut pizza.

I just don’t know what I’m going to do if I can’t drink the protein, that seems to be the key. So I’m just not eating.