Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

..people changing..based on 1/2 other's opinions, it isn't right!!!

ok, so this is a vague post because i don't want to be too specific. but, i have noticed in my whole 2 months as a member of this forum, that some people have modified their signatures, or have become quiet due to what some people have said on this forum.

an example that i have, and i hope that she forgives me if she knows who this is, but there is a "seasoned" bandster on this forum that had the most awesome picture in her signature. her picture was one of my MAIN inspirations to have my band. she has since removed her picture because of some things that were said. i think it is sad that it seems some of our most experienced members are purposely removing themselves from the lime light because some arrogant, "know it all" feels they have a right to persecute another person.

we are all adults on this forum..for the most part. we all deal with our own problem in real life. this is supposed to be a place of haven and sanctity where we can come and not feel as if we are being persecuted. we are all individuals and i think we all have a right to our own opinion, but some people can just be down right asses about their opinion and it turns into a mud throwing competition instead of a healthy debate.

i think it is sad. we deal with enough crap in our lives as it is. we have enough persecution being fat people. why would we intentionally say things to sway or hurt another person because we are offended? so what if that person is more successful for you, if it bothers you then you need to work on your on insecurities. so what if someone posts something that is very personal and graphic (i'm guilty), who are you to tell that person that they shouldn't do that? so what if someone chastises (spelling) another for eating solid right after surgery, that person more than likely knew that they were breaking the rules, and they should know that posting it here will get a response.

all i'm saying is bring it on, i can handle it. if i post something and you feel a need to express your opinion, then do it. however, do not be so arrogant to think that your way is right and i should change based on your post (i'm not talking about bandster rules in this paragraph).

we are all people, and we all have our own opinions, if you are offended, then do not read. if you have your feeling hurt easily then do not post something that YOU KNOW will get a response that you can't handle. it's time for people to put their big girl panties on, or big boy undies, and grow up.

i just cannot believe that some people are so arrogant and obnoxious to think that they have a right to tell anyone what the should or should not do (again..not talking about the bandster rules).

if you have been successfull YOU SHOULD SHOW IT AND BE PROUD. don't let some cynical, self doubting, prude, tell you that you shouldn't because it makes people feel bad. that is crap. absolute crap.

...and i want that oldie to put her picture back damn it. it was inspiration and now it is gone, because some idiot felt the need to tell that person that they were offended...ridiculous...

I agree Bandster, especially withe the healthy debate. I tried to have one on a thread and WOW I was bashed by a couple of people. I can take it but my respect for them went down considerably. I now notice also how negative they are in many of their posts. I like healthy debates, not name calling and mud slinging. Kinda takes the fun out of the debate.

it really does take the fun out of debate. and like you said in your other post, i love intelligent people. and i thirst for knowledge. my mom always tells me that i am "wishy washy" because i think too much. i can see each side of the story. i think that people should have a right to educate us on this forum without being drawn out to be a know it all, or hushed. and i think that people should also post in a caring & receptive way.

let me clarify, i think that wasa has a wealth of knowledge, and when i post, i welcome her opinion. she is obviously very intelligent and she has done her research. this is what i support, what i do not support is other people, who perhaps are "threatened" by her opinions that start calling her names, etc.

i see this a lot on here. i see someone express an opinion and someone else goes off the deep end. it's ridiculous. i also do see a lot of caring people on here, and a lot of us do not know the answers to everything, so when someone offers their opinion, even if it isn't correct, there is a nicer way to handle it. just post your opinion..you know..no need to persecute.

i see this a lot on here. i see someone express an opinion and someone else goes off the deep end. it's ridiculous.
Exactly! You can say what you want to say like a civilized human being without "going postal!" It makes me lose respect for the opinion of the person who is carrying on...

Bandster,

You worded that perfectly. No one should be attacked for giving their perceptions. I will leave it at that.

lord knows...an apology when someone attacks someone and it turns out they are WRONG wouldnt hurt.

lord knows...an apology when someone attacks someone and it turns out they are WRONG wouldnt hurt.

..very true..very true...

wasa- i am not sure of a specific culprit-or i should say a specific culprit was not identified while making this post...lol...

..very true..very true...

wasa- i am not sure of a specific culprit-or i should say a specific culprit was not identified while making this post...lol...

Looks like our mods came through again!!! However, I do question what name she'll come back as. :cry

You all said it ALL. I totally agree.

Will someone tell me who it is? Was'nt there more then one person doing this?

I don't know what caused "so and so" (actually 2 I have noticed that I was use to seeing) to stop with their pic in their profile, but I was disappointed. That's how I follow their posts, by their pic. And it was most definitely an inspiration for me only being near half-way.. It's nice to see I can make it to goal.

So if you 2 are in doubts of putting it back, I really think it helps those of us who aren't that far yet, to see 50% weight loss isn't the only accomplishment with the band.

I don't know what caused "so and so" (actually 2 I have noticed that I was use to seeing) to stop with their pic in their profile, but I was disappointed. That's how I follow their posts, by their pic. And it was most definitely an inspiration for me only being near half-way.. It's nice to see I can make it to goal.

So if you 2 are in doubts of putting it back, I really think it helps those of us who aren't that far yet, to see 50% weight loss isn't the only accomplishment with the band.

i absolutely agree---

by the way, you have an absolutely beautiful face (never seen anything else :scared:). i can see weight loss with your updated pics, but i just think you are beautiful.

You all said it ALL. I totally agree.

Will someone tell me who it is? Was'nt there more then one person doing this?

I know one had 7 IDs, then there is another that has a slew of them but she's always done that. When she gets caught she creates all new IDs.

Can't the mods track from the IP when someone has more than one

ID?

Can't the mods track from the IP when someone has more than one

ID?

Not necessarily. There are easy ways to mask your IP, if you know enough about it.