Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Guys I’m just about 3 weeks post op and I think I’m already stalling. Could this even be possible, I was on a nice decent down, I had the gastric sleeve on October 7th. I’m just worried because I’m considered smaller client before surgery… this is a real stall already.

happens to about 90% of us. If you do a search on this site for the "three week stall" (yes, it's so common it even has a name), you will find over 17,000 posts on it. And no, I am NOT kidding.

just stick to your plan and stay off the scale for a few days - and know that it will eventually break and you'll be on your way again. It usually lasts 1-3 weeks.

I had my Gastric Bypass surgery on October 6th. I was experiencing the three-week stall myself - just couldn't lose an ounce. Stepped on the scale this a.m. and I am down 2 lbs 4 oz! I knew about the stall and I just kept with the plan. It's now broken and I'm losing weight again!

If I can encourage you in any way, I hope you just stick with the plan. Leave the scale alone for a week or two. You will be happy when you see that you've broken the stall! 😀

What they said ;-)

Stick to the post surgery plan. Make SURE you are getting plenty of Water and Protein. Water and protein are essential to losing fat rather than lean muscle. During the first two months post surgery, I found it best to weigh just once a week. I still had bloating and the healing process encourages Fluid retention. That will cause stalls too. You're doing fine. All the best!

Thank you all so much I’ll be keeping up with my Proteins and get up on my fluids
Thank you

It's so bleeping frustrating, isn't it? Three weeks or so of WHOOOOOOOOSH holy mackerel look at me, and then it's like somebody hit the brakes without stepping on the clutch.

I had it, too, as did like 90+% of us. Mine lasted about a week and a half (it was slow, not stopped), and now I am back to 2-4 lbs. a week, which is more like it.

I also had the three week stall. As well as a couple others along the way so don’t be discouraged if this isn’t the only one. I am almost 8 months out now and while the loss has slowed I am still losing. Just stick to your plan and the weight will just start dropping again.

Yes the 3 week, 3 month stall curse lol. It’s totally normal. I am 1.5 months post op and I am down to 225 from 256lbs surgery and I had a 3 week stall that lasted about two weeks. Best thing to do is put a way the scale for one to two weeks. :) your body is just in panic mode but if you are doing what you are supposed to do you will lose the weight whether you look at your scale or not ❤️

I'm on my second stall in five weeks of post-op. I've had exactly two weeks of weight loss out of five. It sucks, even though it's just part of the process. Just have to stay off the scales and soldier on.

15 hours ago, Smanky said:

I'm on my second stall in five weeks of post-op. I've had exactly two weeks of weight loss out of five. It sucks, even though it's just part of the process. Just have to stay off the scales and soldier on.

I didn't have a three week stall exactly, but I am at 7 weeks out and I lost NADA last week - actually went up 0.2 lbs. I'm worried it's from the traveling.

2 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

I didn't have a three week stall exactly, but I am at 7 weeks out and I lost NADA last week - actually went up 0.2 lbs. I'm worried it's from the traveling.

It could just be Water weight from the salt that restaurants use.

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

It could just be Water weight from the salt that restaurants use.

I thought it was Water weight from salt or from dehydration from the plane, but I was home for four days and I didn't even get back to the weight I was when I left... now I'm back on the road. I won't be home for two weeks, although I will be at my parents' house, and there is a scale there (not sure if it is the same calibration as my scale tho).

4 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

I thought it was Water weight from salt or from dehydration from the plane, but I was home for four days and I didn't even get back to the weight I was when I left... now I'm back on the road. I won't be home for two weeks, although I will be at my parents' house, and there is a scale there (not sure if it is the same calibration as my scale tho).

I just googled it and they make portable scales that are for travel. Like 23-30 bucks on Amazon. At least that way you could keep an eye on it.

Edited by ShoppGirl

2 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I just googled it and they make portable scales that are for travel. Like 20 bucks on Amazon. At least that way you could keep an eye on it.

Do you mean a food scale? I have one of those with me. I couldn't pack a body weight scale - I have barely any room as it is.

1 minute ago, lizonaplane said:

Do you mean a food scale? I have one of those with me. I couldn't pack a body weight scale - I have barely any room as it is.

It’s a small, thin body weight scale. Well smaller than a normal one.

Travel Scale for Body Weight, Venugopalan Small Portable Body Weight scales Digital Bathroom Mirror Scale Mini Electronic Scale for Personal Health, Body Tape Measure Included (Rechargeable) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095N34YDK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_X8SVP6JRKG6CYW2W1TA0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1