Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone. I haven’t wrote anything note awhile. I’ve been hyper focused on making life long changes. Today I went for my appt and was told I’ve completed everything needed for authorization. They have recommended the sleeve with HH repair. I feel good and very nervous. Now for questions…

1. Those with Tricare, any issues with approval?

2. VSG and HH repair… what are the good and bad; if you’ve had it done?

3. How long were you out of work for recovery?

Thank you all for you answers. They are greatly appreciated.

Good Gastric sleeve works, bad about sleeve and HH is the first couple of days are painful. The sleeve made it so I felt everything I swallowed, some stuff hit stomach like a knife. HH caused deep breaths to hurt and the hiccups were super painful, only good thing about HH is the hiccup was usually one isolated and the pain went away . The sleeve pain improvement has increased every day. I just had sleeve 10/21. By day 4 with lots of walking those other days I started to feel human. Now Day 8 I feel great, a little stinky but feel great. You are going to be so happy with your surgery I know I am.

The first couple days weren’t fun but by a week after I was feeling great. My birthday was 12 days after my VSG with HH repair and I was laughing, spending time with family, driving and doing all my normal things. I could’ve easily gone back to work 3 weeks post op but took extended time off to have screws removed from my knee 45 days after my VSG so was out of work for a total of about 8 weeks.

Oh wow. I am going to try and see if I can work remote while I recover. Currently what I do, it can be done at home from my bed; I don’t have to be in the hospital for that. If they agree to it, I will come back to work when I’m on soft food. I am definitely anticipating pain from the surgical site and referred pain. I am starting to prepare my family for how I need them to help me.