Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boston area plastic surgeons recommendations

Hello! I’m currently looking for a plastic surgeon in the Boston area for a Tummy Tuck and a breast lift. Does anyone here have a surgeon they used and loved? I had two consults. Neither surgeon impressed me. I felt rushed at both appointments.

Both quoted me around 25k and said they don’t bother trying for insurance payments. Was this your experience as well?

when I was looking for a plastic surgeon three or four years ago, I was told (by people on this and other bariatric forums) to expect about $8K-10K per procedure, and I found through my five consults that that rang true. It'll depend on the surgeon's experience and reputation and his/her location (urban areas and the coasts are usually more). PLUS my consults were three or four years ago. So this is a long-winded way of saying, that $25K figure for two procedures in the Boston area doesn't surprise me at all.

and yes - insurance usually won't pay unless there's some medical issue going on, like chronic rashes that don't respond to traditional treatments. If you do have such problems, make sure you see a doctor about them and that they're well-documented. The surgeon I used for my body contouring surgeries (two of them) didn't file with insurance, either, because he knew it wouldn't be covered.

you can always shop around. You can get the same procedures done in Mexico for probably half the cost. There are a couple of excellent plastic surgeons there who've worked on many bariatric patients I've run into on these forums. Also, there are people on here who've gone to Miami for plastic surgery, because oddly, it's cheaper there than many other parts of the country, even though it's urban and on a coast. But yea - what you were told is pretty normal.

P.S. A lot of people rave about Joseph Michaels in the DC area (I think he's affiliated with Johns Hopkins Univ in Maryland) and Joseph Capella in New Jersey. They both specialize in body contouring for massive weight loss patients.

Edited by catwoman7