Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushy food phase

Scrambled eggs thinned with milk and mixed with ricotta cheese or any cheese, ricotta bake, egg salad. Lots of ideas on the Pinterest app!

check the blog "The World According to Eggface". She's a long-time vet and is very active in the bariatric community. AND...she loves to cook. She has recipes on her site for every stage.

Plain Greek yogurt mixed with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Or butternut squash puree with a dash of curry powder. (I really love squash.)

Yes to scrambled eggs made with 2 good splashes of milk. Also milky instant rolled oats, puréed vegetable Soups made on bone broths, purée chicken with gravy or stock, soft boiled eggs mashed with a little mayo or ricotta, yoghurt. I tried tuna & salmon but found the taste awful.

Edited by Arabesque

Egg salad, canned chicken salad, seafood salad (made with that fake k-rab that I think is called surimi). All with light mayo. Cooked non-gassy vegetables (green beans!). Not-refried Beans (my recipe below).

NOT-REFRIED BEANS

1 cup (200 g) dry pinto beans (or whatever dry bean you like)

1/3 medium onion, peeled, not necessary to cut up

1 large or 2 small cloves garlic

2 bay leaves or 1 avocado leaf

Salt and (optional) Knorr "suiza" (chicken bouillon powder)

1 jalapeño

1/3 medium onion, peeled and chunked

1 tsp oil

1. Soak the beans in Water to cover by a few inches overnight.

2. Drain the beans, then put them in a pot (I have a clay pot but any heavy pot that retains heat will work) with the 1/3 onion, the garlic, the dry leaves, and salt or suiza. Cover with water by a good 2-3 inches (5-7 cm).

3. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer at least 2 hours until the beans are nice and tender.

4. Poke a hole in the jalapeño with a knife (so it won't explode) and fry it and the second onion third in the oil until softened. Cut the top off the fried jalapeño (take out the seeds if you don't like spicy or if seeds aren't allowed).

5. Blend the beans, the jalapeño, the fried onion, and enough of the bean broth to make a purée the consistency that you want. Save the bean broth separately, because the purée will set up overnight and you can thin it with tasty bean broth instead of just water.

The entire recipe is 773 cal, 42.6g Protein, 133.7g carbs, 7.5g fat. It is easily 8 bariatric servings.

Soups with little to no lumps, mashed potatoes with Protein Powder added, refried Beans with Protein powder added, cottage cheese, yogurt with protein powder added, ricotta bake, curried lentils, and occasionally some very tender shredded chicken mixed with a good bit of mild enchilada sauce so its nearly a Soup consistency.

I ate a lot of ricotta bake and retried Beans as well as chicken, egg and tuna salad. Mostly the ricotta bake though.