Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2021 surgeries

20 hours ago, kt2021 said:

Hello I had my surgery on Nov 19th. I have had a hard time eating anything everything makes me nauseous. All Water has a sweet taste and contributes to my nausea. They most Water I get in a day is maybe 30 oz. I was moved into full liquid phase but I have had such a hard time eating that I am afraid to eat anything. I figured out that it was the ant acid pill that made me super nauseous so today I didn’t take one and have done better. Anyone else had this issues? Any suggestions?

I drank mostly crystal light lemonade at first because water tasted nasty to me. After a couple of weeks, water tastes fine again.

On 12/01/2021 at 18:41, WildWill said:

Hi everyone 🙂 I had my surgery on 16NOV21.

kt2021, sorry to hear that you are having issues with nausea and glad that you may have found a contributor. I am taking 1 omeprazole pill each morning though sometimes I forget. Can you switch to Gatorade Zero? That works for me and has been reliable way to get past a taste of Water. Also, what about a chewable antacid as opposed to a pill?

ClareLynn, I've managed to walk 2 to 3 miles each day since surgery BUT I could not have done it without a post surgery compression bandaging. The doctors have since removed that and I feel ultra tender and sore. But when it was wrapped tight like a sausage - not a problem at all.

I know I’m not a November buddy, but wondering about this compression garment…where did you get it? I have been thinking it may be helpful

On 11/9/2021 at 6:41 AM, sunflower1984 said:

@Wolfievonsnap I just got bumped up to the 18th! Good luck on the 23rd

I hope all is going well with you.

On 11/20/2021 at 4:34 AM, sunflower1984 said:

You too! They actually bumped my date up to the 18th. I’m home now settling in, stomach is sore and working on getting fluids in.

I hope all is going well with you.

Yes everything went completely fine no pain no nausea tolerated all liquids on phase 3 of diet and have hit a stall worried I’m doing to many calories but nevertheless in good spirits ! Feel better soon

15 hours ago, Tamyj41 said:

Mines was on the 9th

Hi Tamyj41, I hope you are doing well. How is the bruising? I'm still heavily bruised and the 5 incision lines are quite sensitive to the touch.

15 hours ago, Tamyj41 said:

Yes everything went completely fine no pain no nausea tolerated all liquids on phase 3 of diet and have hit a stall worried I’m doing to many calories but nevertheless in good spirits ! Feel better soon

Have you discussed the stall with your NUT? Perhaps a bit more fat in your diet... hard to say what the contributors are but often (for me) it is muscle gain and according to my nut, try a few more fat grams to kick you out of it. I did stall for 3 days... no movement on the scale and I was like damn... gave here a quick txt and she said alter something about your diet so I did and walla... I'm out of it. Wish you all the best.

How is everyone doing on the post-op diet? I had DS on 11/29 and I’m still sort of trying to figure everything out. Got through Clear Liquids and now onto phase 2. Right now I’m freaked about some of the horror stories I’ve read on here about gas, dumping, etc. so I’m almost afraid to eat anything, but at the same time I feel like I would love a slice of pizza. Finding all of the conflicting emotions a little much at the moment.
How’s everything going with you guys?

I kept posting my journey on Gastric sleeve thread but finished my surgery 11/30. It went quite well and beyond my expectations in terms of pain, nausea and diet. I have been tolerating it all quite well and getting enough fluids in.

Atill got 4 more days of clear Fluid. And this is the only thing challenging atm. I keep wanting to eat and chew especially something salty and spicy. Jello just doesn't match 😂

Hopefully 4 days can fly away and I can have something mushy to eat 🥳

11 hours ago, Zoedragonfly said:

How is everyone doing on the post-op diet? I had DS on 11/29 and I’m still sort of trying to figure everything out. Got through Clear Liquids and now onto phase 2. Right now I’m freaked about some of the horror stories I’ve read on here about gas, dumping, etc. so I’m almost afraid to eat anything, but at the same time I feel like I would love a slice of pizza. Finding all of the conflicting emotions a little much at the moment.
How’s everything going with you guys?

I would love a slice of pizza too, spicy one. If not a slice, even a bite will do right now 😂😂

But can't. I don't want to risk the healing. So will stick to the program and hopefully during phase 2 I can make a mushy pizza something combination without the bread ofc.

During my two-week pre-op diet I constantly craved pizza! I mean, I do love pizza, but it was kind of weird how I fixated on it. Since surgery, though, I haven’t been bothered by cravings (so far). I should be starting mushy foods in about 10 days, and I’m hoping a bunch of cravings don’t come back once I start eating actual food again. If needed, maybe I could pay my best friends to order a pizza while I’m around so I could cut off the tip of a slice. ;)

Edited by Misnomer

It’s so funny how different each surgeon’s post op directions seem. My surgeon allows small curd cottage cheese and apple sauce/yogurt in the full liquid phase, so that is helping me feel like I’m actually eating something non-liquid.
I’m worried about developing lactose intolerance post-op, but fingers crossed nothing has been too bad so far.

Are you guys getting the loose stool thing already?

Hi all,

New here.

RNY on 06/11/2021. Surgery day weight of 201 pounds. Today 08/12/2021 weight of 174 pounds 🎉

Surgery went well and not really any issues other than struggling to eat as much as my dietician wants me to

Today is my 1-month surgiversary! Part of me feels like surgery was just yesterday; another part of me feels like all of the recovery pain was forever ago.

I’m a little more than a week into eating soft foods, and so far so good…except Peanut Butter, which still tastes great but makes me sick. Which makes me sad. :( I figure I’ll try it again in about a month, which is also when I should get the green light to transition to regular food. Otherwise, though, all is well. I’ve even had nibbles at two restaurants already: two bites of a meatball at one place, and three bites of roasted chicken at another. Tomorrow night I plan to have two or three bites of chicken at a third place, but then the holiday outings will be over and I’ll rely on my own meals until I “graduate” from soft foods.

I’ve only lost 14 pounds in the past month. I’ll admit to some moments of feeling frustrated/disappointed that I haven’t lost more yet, but I’ll also admit that I’m not walking as much as I should and I only recently figured out how to start getting enough hydration. But I’ve already gotten some comments about my face being thinner, and my rings and watch are looser, and mostly I’m feeling pretty optimistic!