Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

2 hours ago, huskymama said:

I lost really good until week two then nothing for days I’ve only lost just under 2 pounds the past week - was 3 weeks yesterday- but I measure weekly and I lost 8.5 inches so I’m thinking maybe I lost more just not seeing it right now? I’ve lost 28 pounds since liquid stage and down 29 inches total all over. Finally hit 199 the other day but haven’t gotten any lower - I’ll take it 😀 And I’m week 3 which is the dreaded stall week for most anyway. I see my Nutritionist tomorrow I’m hoping she can give me tips. Also my scale says my visceral fat (the fat around the organs) went from 17 to 14 so I’m thinking that has to be a good thing!

I am in this same boat - I lost 26+ pounds and over 9 inches and now nothing. I am counting what I eat, and have also increased the frequency and distance I am walking (1.1 miles per day plus whatever I do during the day). I am exactly three weeks out from surgery today and I am stuck. Will put a note into my surgeon's office and see how they can help.

Hi Everyone, as I mentioned in my previous post, I am 21 days post op and on day 5 of my puree diet. I'm having a hard time knowing if/when I'm full. It's relatively easy to tell when on the liquid stage, but seems to be a challenge with puree'd foods. The last thing I want to do is over eat, so I'm sticking to the 1-1.5 oz's as recommended but at times I feel like I can definitely fit much more.

Anyone else having or experienced this issue?

I was sleeved 12/27, just starting the puréed stage and I am the opposite. I did not feel full on liquid stage but on puréed stage I have thrown up a few times already. I get severe pain, it won’t go away till I throw up. It’s terrible. Like if I have one bite too many, so I now measure 2 oz and do not eat or drink more than that for 15 minutes at a time. You are lucky you are not feeling too full, it hurts.

2 hours ago, Vicmarti2 said:

I was sleeved 12/27, just starting the puréed stage and I am the opposite. I did not feel full on liquid stage but on puréed stage I have thrown up a few times already. I get severe pain, it won’t go away till I throw up. It’s terrible. Like if I have one bite too many, so I now measure 2 oz and do not eat or drink more than that for 15 minutes at a time. You are lucky you are not feeling too full, it hurts.

Wow, sorry to hear that. I'm afraid of pushing it for that exact reason, I've heard it can be painful. I bought a 200 pack of the 1 oz plastic cups on Amazon and have been using them to measure my meals rigorously. I also don't drink for 30 minutes before or after I eat. It's tough for me thirst -wise, but seems to be good on my stomach.

On another note, looks like we got sleeved by the same Dr's office/ team. Hopefully your experience with Dr. Howard has been the same as I've had with Dr. Balette, A+.

01/12/2022 10:56 AM, New_me_2022 said:

Hi Everyone, as I mentioned in my previous post, I am 21 days post op and on day 5 of my puree diet. I'm having a hard time knowing if/when I'm full. It's relatively easy to tell when on the liquid stage, but seems to be a challenge with puree'd foods. The last thing I want to do is over eat, so I'm sticking to the 1-1.5 oz's as recommended but at times I feel like I can definitely fit much more.

Anyone else having or experienced this issue?

Yes I had no idea when I was full until the past two days - I hit 3 weeks yesterday- and to my surprise I start kinda hiccuping but not like normal ones and today I now feel the dreaded pain of I am full that I’ve heard so many others talked about. I am thinking maybe the nerves are finally waking back up? Idk! I started measuring 3 oz I can eat between 2-3 depending on what it is

On 1/12/2022 at 12:11 AM, Jmmckee32 said:

Had mine Dec 29th! Tomorrow week 2 but not doing too good on my weight loss for this week. Bummer. I’ve lost 15lbs started at 228lbs 223lbs pre surgery and now at 213lbs. Been following all orders and been on liquids since Christmas. Ready for puréed stage!!!

I'm not feeling hungry. But, I'm just tired of just liquids.

32 minutes ago, smithjacintha9 said:

I'm not feeling hungry. But, I'm just tired of just liquids.

Hi,

I had my sleeve on Dec 20th so I am a little ahead of you, I have decided to stay on liquids an extra week as I just didn't feel ready, I have been nibbling on some cheese though.

I don't feel that I am reaching my Protein or Water goals but doing my best, I don't feel hungry apart from in an evening but I think that is more habit as I was an evening snacker.

I so get the feeling of wanting to chew!! You are doing well with your loss, keep hydrated though!

I had my surgery 12/30. R4 days later I caught COVID. It’s been a struggle!! I’m doing much better but struggle with getting my Water intake and Protein Shake. Has anyone been doing grits for the puréed diet? Any suggestions for Multivitamins. The Bariatric Advantage chewable and bariatric pal capsules will not stay down. At this point I’m scared to try any other brand.

4 weeks out tomorrow and saw my nutritionist last Thursday she cleared me to go from purée to soft. It broke my stall and today I am 197.7!! I am still not hitting 1200 calories but I know when I’m full now unlike liquid and purée stage. I had real chicken cooked super soft yesterday and it was so amazing I felt human agin! I’m still eating cottage cheese but I didn’t purée it and I’m not sure when I’ll eat tuna again blah had enough! She also cleared me to eat white potatoes which I usually eat sweet potatoes but the store was out of them. So I had a small Yukon Gold potatoe (no skin) with a very small amount of organic grass fed butter (like real small 1/4 of a teaspoon) and about 1/2 of low fat sour cream topped with some fiesta shredded cheese for added Protein. I ate about 3/4 of it and was super full of course I didn’t eat the skin and I actually pushed off most of the sour cream it was just to much for me. But it was super yummy! Also I am up to 3 miles a day walking. 

SW 227

Todays weight 197.7

VSG 12/22/2021

19 hours ago, LandaF said:

I had my surgery 12/30. R4 days later I caught COVID. It’s been a struggle!! I’m doing much better but struggle with getting my Water intake and Protein Shake. Has anyone been doing grits for the puréed diet? Any suggestions for Multivitamins. The Bariatric Advantage chewable and bariatric pal capsules will not stay down. At this point I’m scared to try any other brand.

Hi, I've been taking Bariatric Advantage one solo multi-vitamins. I was having a bit of trouble with them at first also, but began leaving them in my mouth longer to allow the outer coating to begin to dissolve before taking them. In my experience, it makes it "slimy" feeling and easier to swallow.

I get my multivitamins from the Vitamin Shoppe. They are one a day chewable. I love that I can get them shipped or just go to the store and not wait for delivery. Taste is good. In the beginning I would put 1 in my cheek just to soften it up before swallowing but now that’s not necessary. Good luck

Hi all. Wanted to check in and see how folks are doing? I had my sleeve 12/9 and the weight loss is slowing already. Nutritionist says I’m right on track but it sure is hard not to see the scale moving. I’m tracking 100%, hitting my Protein and staying well within calories. It can’t stay stalled forever right?

also how the heck do you update current weight? I figured it out :)

Edited by csrouse