Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

Just now, WickedAnnie said:

It really depends on you. I was able to drive 2 weeks out.
I take a pillow to allow pressure under the seat belt that helps me . It’s supposed to be if you can bend your legs to your stomach with minimal discomfort

Thank you. That helps

On 01/05/2022 at 11:48, Kris10_78 said:

Hi there. Hope you are feeling well! How are the Protein Shots treating you? What is the brand name please?

Ensure
Max Protein
That’s what it’s call 🤗

On 01/05/2022 at 08:47, Jaywin said:

Hi all I’m 16 days post op and down 15lbs which I’m ok with. I lost a stone pre op in the two week liver shrink diet as well so 29lbs altogether.

The only day I haven’t lost was yesterday when I went on a short gentle hike but also struggled to get all my fluids in.

I’ve ordered some Protein shots as I hate the Protein Shakes. I’ve also got some unflavoured Protein Powder now as well and that’s ok but the flavoured ones are too sweet for me, I’ve never been a sweet tooth even before the op.

im also going to only get weighed on a Monday from now on as daily is too tense for me!

That’s is so awesome! I love the updates! I’m down a total of 27 almost 28 since I started liquids to today. I’m at 200 today so excited to see the scale out of the 200s!!! I love reading your updates!

6 hours ago, Jai D said:

It might also help you to add milk (dairy or non dairy) to your Protein Shake. This will reduce the sweetness, give you some additional Fluid intake, and give you more minerals/vitamins. It also thins out the Protein shake if you are using something thin like an almond milk.

Hi yes I’ve been making them with almond milk but still hate the sweetness! Shots not arrived yet so hopefully they will be better as much less Fluid to get down. I am hitting Protein and fluid levels but some days you feel like all you are doing is drinking, I’m going to have to start getting up earlier to fit it all in 😆

Hi y'all!

I was sleeved December 08, 2021.

Surgery Weight: 263

Current Weight: 231

Obviously I know I won't continue to lose at this same rate in the upcoming months but getting such a huge head start has been such a motivation. The struggle will come when I don't see those same numbers and I'm just going to have to remember that slow and steady wins the race.

Even though weight loss has been great thus far my energy has sucked. I'm meeting my liquid and Protein goals daily and taking a bariatric Multivitamin. I don't know if it's just that I have a very active job (Bartender- lots of lifting, squatting, stocking, walking- usually 4-6 miles a day) and I'm currently consuming only a third of the calories I used to....or if its just my Hashimoto's flaring up with all the stress on my body of late, hoping things begin to equalize in the next few weeks though. Being this tired all the time is a real bummer.

When I added a little salt to my diet through Soup and a few other foods I felt more energized. Also try getting your electrolytes in. They make pedialyte zero or smart Water. Hope this helps. Sounds like you are doing great. Also you may want to try adding some Iron or a different multivitamin.

Haha yeah I felt that way in the beginning but just remember the full liquids are still liquids.. pudding, Jello, drinkable yogurt (yogurt with milk added), etc.. I found pudding to be super delicious and filling and went down nicely and gave me a “liquid” that I could feel was like a food since I’m eating it with a spoon. Much of this is trial and error. It gets easier

Edited by Jai D
Spelling

To be honest. I drove the next night after surgery. I didn’t drive far though. Luckily I live in a neighborhood where everything is close by. I really had no problems after surgery aside from being tired. Many things I’ve read about I did not have to deal with. I am having a very easy recovery with a few minor “hiccups” here and there. The hardest thing in the 1st 10 days was that I was tired. Now I’m not tired at all. I have yet to drive more than 20 minutes but I feel like I’d be fine driving at least 45 minutes to an hour. I’ll probably take an hour drive this weekend which will be 3 weeks post op.

Hey all! Just joined today. I had my Gastric Sleeve done on 12/22. I hit my highest weight in July 2021 and lost a fair amount of weight through low-carb eating and not eating junk. In 16 days, have lost 24 pounds from my pre-surgery weight and am down a total of 50 pounds from that high point. I am feeling amazing and have had no issues with the full liquid / pureed food. I am now on soft food. Feeling great, no issues so far.

Edited by Frazzled

Hi. I had mine the 13th of December and am already on the third diet phase. I’m struggling a lot. I eating what I’m not and I’m regretting this at the moment. I’ve lost 35 in the last three weeks.

Had surgery on 12/27, struggling to get in enough liquids. I'm not sure if the extreme range for bowel movements are normal I went from crippling gas to uncontrollable diarrhea. I don't feel like I'm getting enough intake.

I never had diarrhea but didn’t have a bowl movement the first 10 days post op it was terrible. My Drs discharge papers said to call them if I have diarrhea longer than 5 days. So I’d call your Dr especially if your not getting in all your liquids