Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

On 01/03/2022 at 20:04, Mrs.Pose said:

Hi Jus completed struggling w stomach pain and can't use the bathroom any suggestions

I was given Miralax as part of my leave from the hospital as well as sodium. This helps so much

On 01/04/2022 at 09:31, Jai D said:

Congrats! You are almost at onederland. I was 241.5 surgery date. Didn’t lose anything before surgery (Dec 17th) which was annoying since I wasn’t eating and I was walking 10,000 steps a day minimum. 7 days out of surgery I was down to 228 (13.5 lb loss) and then stagnated at 228 for about the next 2 weeks. Pretty sure pms and my menstrual cycle prevented me from losing more weight. I stopped obsessing over the scale because I was feeling like I wasn’t losing after the first initial loss so now I will only weigh in this coming Friday and every Friday thereafter, however I do feel the difference in my close. I can’t wait to be out of the 200’s. It hasn’t even been 3 weeks out of surgery but I want to be “skinny” already lol, but I also don’t want the extra loose skin so I need to remind myself to be patient and be positive that I am on my way to a healthier life. Also I can’t remember the last time I lost 13.5 lbs so fast so I need to see that as a win! You are on your way as well. Happy for you and that you are feeling better now and seeing results!

I know
This exact feeling but it’s true if you loose to much weight to fast you will have more loose skin.
I have been at the same weight a few days but I checked my measurements and I lost inches so that alone was amazing. My a1c dropped which was exciting so remember the scale isn’t everything . Just keep doing what they said you’ll get there

8 hours ago, delanewme said:

i share your day. did mine in new jersey. how u doing? i only stayed in hospital for over night. now looking at it i shoulda been more persistent and stayed an extra night.

I was told that I was to stay for 2 nights. I stayed for only 1. My IV machine wouldn't stop going off, I couldn't sleep. Plus I was feeling good. So my doctor let me go home. My worst post op day was day 3.

17 hours ago, Keina said:

Just had my surgery December 28th, and just one week out. I'm having a hard time getting all of these Protein and fluids in. 😳 and I have only lost like 2 pounds. hmmm follow up with surgeon next week.

I had my sx on the same day. I had issue also. My surgeon and dietitian advised me to stand up drink from my medicine cup. Which it did help. After that I walk Around on my second level in kitchen living area.Good Luck on your journey.

14 days post op today I just can’t believe it has already been 14 days! I finally started loosing again. I did a 4 day stall. My sister had bypass 25 years ago and her daughter did too 5 years ago thank god because even though I had the sleeve I don’t know what I would do without my sisters help and wisdom! I am down 11 pounds since surgery which my sister said is really good especially since I only had 80 to loose preop. I guess I am more impatient than I had ever realized lol I hope everyone’s doing good - feeling way better today but my port site above the belly button still hurts a lot for some reason. - I am going to only weigh in and do measurements on Weds from now on. Btw - I was 41 inches in my waist preop and today I was 35 inches in my waist! I think I’m pretty sure where I lost most the weight from! Have a great week everyone!

Hi all I’m 16 days post op and down 15lbs which I’m ok with. I lost a stone pre op in the two week liver shrink diet as well so 29lbs altogether.
The only day I haven’t lost was yesterday when I went on a short gentle hike but also struggled to get all my fluids in.
I’ve ordered some Protein Shots as I hate the Protein Shakes. I’ve also got some unflavoured Protein Powder now as well and that’s ok but the flavoured ones are too sweet for me, I’ve never been a sweet tooth even before the op.
im also going to only get weighed on a Monday from now on as daily is too tense for me!

On 01/05/2022 at 07:47, Jaywin said:

Hi all I’m 16 days post op and down 15lbs which I’m ok with. I lost a stone pre op in the two week liver shrink diet as well so 29lbs altogether.

The only day I haven’t lost was yesterday when I went on a short gentle hike but also struggled to get all my fluids in.

I’ve ordered some Protein shots as I hate the Protein Shakes. I’ve also got some unflavoured Protein Powder now as well and that’s ok but the flavoured ones are too sweet for me, I’ve never been a sweet tooth even before the op.

im also going to only get weighed on a Monday from now on as daily is too tense for me!

I had Protein Shakes the ensure max Protein works for it it isn’t really sweet or thick at all The chocolate and strawberry taste like Nesquik. With those I’m able to take them down quick . 30g of protein

It might also help you to add milk (dairy or non dairy) to your Protein Shake. This will reduce the sweetness, give you some additional Fluid intake, and give you more minerals/vitamins. It also thins out the Protein shake if you are using something thin like an almond milk.

Exactly, embrace the NSV (non scale victory). We got this!!

Wondering when you could drive comfortably after surgery.

My surgeon says I can make the 2 hour drive for my one week follow up.

That seems fast :(

3 hours ago, WickedAnnie said:

I had Protein Shakes the ensure max Protein works for it it isn’t really sweet or thick at all The chocolate and strawberry taste like Nesquik. With those I’m able to take them down quick . 30g of Protein

Hi there. Hope you are feeling well! How are the Protein Shots treating you? What is the brand name please?

On 12/25/2021 at 6:27 AM, GlenB said:

Hi everyone! A bit late to the party but I had the sleeve done on the 9th of December. It has been a challenge to say the least… I had complications and lost about 2 litres of blood. Much longer hospital stay than was planned but getting on my feet now.

great to be here with you all 🙂

That's scary! Glad you're feeling better

14 hours ago, Jai D said:

Not sure if your age but are you still menstruating? I lost 13.5 pounds post op in the first week but 2nd week and now 3 rd week I lost nothing, but week 2 was before my cycle and week 3 was my cycle.. I’m waiting for my body to get back to normal hormonal levels. I stopped weighing myself daily because it was messing with my head. I know during surgery it was my ovulation time so I expect to lose weight again after my cycle is over up until a week after ovulation and then stall again. Everyone is different but ppl don’t correlate their cycle with their weight loss stagnation or progress enough. Just mu opinion. Once you understand your luteal phase and follicular phase I find this helps tremendously. Best of luck!!

This is good info. I know my hormones play a huge role in my weight even now.

I have an unrelated question, if you don't mind me asking, when were you able to drive?

On 01/05/2022 at 11:46, Kris10_78 said:

Wondering when you could drive comfortably after surgery.

My surgeon says I can make the 2 hour drive for my one week follow up.

That seems fast :(

It really depends on you. I was able to drive 2 weeks out.
I take a pillow to allow pressure under the seat belt that helps me . It’s supposed to be if you can bend your legs to your stomach with minimal discomfort