Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

Yes it is cold outside and snowed most of the weekend but I cannot get warm! Anyone else having this issue? The house is running at 74 and everyone in my house is sweating. I have 3 heavy blankets on and 2 Siberian Huskies laying in me still brrr hands are ice. My husband got me a heating pad omg so amazing!

I had my RNY on 12/15/21. Got out of hospital right before Christmas. Had complications this past week and just got home New Years Eve from another hospital stay. Feel full. Trying to get fluids down.

On 12/31/2021 at 22:50, Maymay21 said:

Do you eat the hummus with anything? Just curious.

A little bit of Hummus and eggs is yummy

Has anyone who was recently sleeved tested positive for COVID? I just did and I am extremely paranoid. I already have trouble getting Fluid in but I feel like death

Hope you feel better soon. I have 3 coworkers out with Covid. I just had surgery 2 weeks ago so I can’t imagine what you are going through. I def have that fear though since it’s hitting way too close to home. Wishing you a quick recovery. Surgery is enough to deal with and now Covid too. I’m so sorry

Hello … 10 days post op for RNY and I am still in my two week post op liquids phase. The Protein Shakes are making me gag and I found two things that help get around it. First, I discovered bariatric high Protein Soup . You can find it on Amazon or Bariatric Pal. I also discovered I can tolerate PB Fit , made kind of runny. These things have drastically improved my post op liquid phase life. I still choke down a Protein Shake in the morning, but in the evening instead of a gross second shake I have my high protein soup . Amen!!

Hello all.

Had VSG done 12/20/21. (Date was pushed up 1 day from original planned date)

I’m 4’11 and was 186 day of surgery. I followed through on most of my preop liquid diet. Clear Liquids, Protein Shakes, and non starch veggies only.

Gas pains were the absolute worst. Tried to walk and they were gone in a week. Was feeling better and all of a sudden I got sharp Migraine nausea retching and vomiting.

My daughter ended up getting sick too throwing up bile. Was told she had COVID although I was negative and we hadn’t gone out but to 1 othodontist visit.

I went to ED twice for IV and pain meds. It’s been terrible getting a hold of my bariatric team still no word.

Better today, but still nauseated and now having earache.

I have regrets. I thought I was mentally prepared and this is so uncomfortable.

Im allowed to eat purée today and I’ve done ok with just strawberries and ice chips.

On 01/03/2022 at 17:14, upisgr8 said:

December 6, Gastric Sleeve. So far great! Eating some solid ie tuna and chicken breast. Struggle with enough Protein and Water. Ideas?

I was sleeved 12/22 I’m on purée I drink a Protein Shake for Breakfast and that helps make it to my Protein goal. I bought a 64 oz water bottle and fill it every morning I just pour from it into a smaller glass. I’ve been getting in my Water most days. Just sip sip sip all day set an alarm if you need to. I was a big water drinker before surgery so maybe it’s easier for me because of this Idk

50 minutes ago, Mrs.Pose said:

Hi Jus completed struggling w stomach pain and can't use the bathroom any suggestions

Senokot - it’s a natural laxative/stool softener that was recommended by my doc.